Sign in to follow this  
Phadeout

[GBW - CP1] Briolui - Hold Until Instructed

The patrols returning from maneuvers in the west of Briolui had uncovered a series of points (Grid E5) through which light troops might be able to effect a ground strike into Refnor or Erotema.  As plans took shape squds were tasked to reinforce some of these areas and bridging materials were brought in to facilitate higher speed deployment at a later time.  Although these areas were lightly reinforced the likelihood was that the enemy wouldn't be able to bring any heavy equipment or armour to bear either.

33273296264_f355b18255_z.jpgCP1-Overview by Phadeout, on Flickr

The trees and other dense foilage on the other side of the river has been cut down to improve sight line for the defenders but not so much that an enemy advance would notice the claymores wired in to tear apart a charging infantry force.

34115778745_a4f8bf4174_z.jpgCP1-Mines by Phadeout, on Flickr

A fair selection of weaponry is on hand to resist any enemy advance, with both anti-armour and anti-infantry

34075017956_0e7613e918_z.jpgCP1---Position by Phadeout, on Flickr

At this stage in the conflict the troops are already well versed in catching breaks when you can!

34075018446_088159fa81_z.jpgCP1---Break by Phadeout, on Flickr

A small group of the troops have the high ground to see the enemy coming from as far afield as possible and to give cover to their squad mates if required.

34115778365_ce2a403f08_z.jpgCP1---Outcrop by Phadeout, on Flickr

The troops are hoping to be given the order to advance but for now will be holding this position.  

Thanks for viewing :)

Edited by Phadeout
Added Grid Reference

Good defensive position, guarding a bridge; a small item which becomes a huge target once combat begins! 

All these sandbags in everyone's builds, I guess I need to get myself some.

Very nicely done; you have a knack for these forest builds. I especially like the cliff-side bit and the clean look to the bridge. 

@Thebeeze111 the water effect is a tan baseplate with a mix of mostly trans clear plates mixed with a few trans light blue to break it up with the trans light blue tiles on top.

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

You've Been Awarded (  7  ) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

The water running through the middle is a nice touch; and the way you detailed the water was even better. The finishing work around the edge of the build complimented everything well too. I would have liked to have seen more on the far side of the water; maybe some terrain variations or coloring to show the path has been used. Overall, very nice.     

I see you have supported the alliance by planning ahead for your team.  I see geography, terrain, equipment and a map grid square.  Good job with the requirements of the build.  Minor elevation changes, plenty of vegetation and flora, and some geared up soldiers.  A well made base that doesn't detract from the build, doesn't do much other than clean up the ends, and looks as if it supports the build and doesn't crimp anything.  If anything, my opinion, add some more rocks to the path, maybe unstraighten both the path and creek, and maybe not use the same color backdrop as the water?  But then, maybe it works and that was your intention?

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!