Okay, first I'll start with that I'm working on a person project of the twin towers complex in manhattan. And it's a huge project, with that aside. Had to split my model a year ago, and it reached to 48,000 on my computer before crash. So my file without the towers is 23,000 pieces currently, and the towers is 38,000 pieces. Since I finished the facades for the other buildings in the complex thought I would delete the structure of my twins, save it in another file and add them two saves together so I can view them finally together you know. For couple days trying to figure that out. When trying to add them, all of the peices add up to around 48,000 but crashes because how big it is, when got both of them crashed when saving, so then separated the twins, got north, but when trying to add the twin, it crashed, try dividing it into sections, crashed, try deleting more unecessary pieces in the save I try adding it in, and the towers itself, crashing more. And at the moment adding them now with no structure, just a skeleton, it's going to be 30,000 or 29,000 pieces, but I usually never have a problem, it's still crashing when trying to add sections by sections. It's really furstrating and don't know what to do. (I'm terribly sorry for the grammar, when I'm mad, like mad, I type fast and just want to get it out because I think it's really frustrating going back and forth of the saves to see how I could benefit transferring it into one save so I can view the twins together with the complex, it seems to get worse when I found away to get rid of 15,000 pieces that's not necessary for what I'm doing, and decides to crash still. But it usually can handle 50,000, so don't know why is it doing it.) Is there any program works just like LDD, but can put my own decorations, good screenshots, load more bricks, just in general?

Edited by zeronthegreat

LDD isn;t suitable for such big models (I think mostly because of the connection calculations it does).

If you are willing to migrating to LDraw my LDCad might be an option as the size of models is basically only limited by the speed of your GPU. I've worked with models up to 180000  parts with it, the key trick is to use submodels wisely so you do the actual editing on <50000 part models. This assuming you have a decent <5 year old graphics card.

So came to a conclusion it has to do with the grill piece being used. Could that be it? Because when trying to load them with an edit version that I deleted any hidden bricks placed in the model and if I could add them be around to 29,000 to 30,000, it crashed when placed. But if I do it to the one that I haven't edit, it would be 49,500 bricks, can be placed, but crash upon saving. (There's currently 7,926 grill pieces used in my save, got 3 quarters of the the building I'm trying to place. Just need to add a quarter more, 2,080 of those grill pieces, 6,340 pieces more though. It could handle it. Came to the conclusion it has to do with that type of brick though.) 

Edited by zeronthegreat