Sign in to follow this  

Hello, all!

I seem to be experiencing errors with the installation of LPub 4 and wondered whether you guys could help!

I seem to be getting these messages:

"cannot read file C:/Program Files (x86)/LDraw/ldconfig.ldr No such file or directory." "Failed to open C:/Program Files (x86)/LDraw//parts.lst: No such file or directory." 

I think there are files missing would someone be able to send me these files?

Thanks for reading,

Kind regards, Ellis.

Just to make sure: did you install (the old) LPub4 or the new (updated) version called LPub3D?

@zux I don't think so, how do I go about this?

@legolijntje I have LPub3D installed but want to use LPub4 as LPub3D isn't letting me generate instructions/ I don't know how.

3 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

@zux I don't think so, how do I go about this?

@legolijntje I have LPub3D installed but want to use LPub4 as LPub3D isn't letting me generate instructions/ I don't know how.

So you can already open your LDR file with LPub3D? If you indeed can do this you just need to check your existing LDraw directory specified in LPub3D preferences and copy that to LPub4. 

Ok, thank you, it is working now I don't get any launching errors. However, when I go to open the LDR file, it says LDView Failed. :hmpf_bad:

21 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Well, instead of trying to get LPub4 to work, I think you're better off trying to get LPub3D to work :tongue:
LPub3D is so much better (and a lot faster!) than LPub4.

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

Well, instead of trying to get LPub4 to work, I think you're better off trying to get LPub3D to work :tongue:
LPub3D is so much better (and a lot faster!) than LPub4.

LPub3D is working I just don't know how to use it. When I click generate instructions for my model it just creates one page.

59 minutes ago, Classicsmiley said:

Does your model (ldr/mpd) have step statements in it?

If I'm being honest I have no clue what you are on about sorry, I'm new to this instruction stuff! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Ellisss_2 said:

If I'm being honest I have no clue what you are on about sorry, I'm new to this instruction stuff! :laugh:

LPub doesn't create steps by itself, it just display the ones you've created while designing a model. If you just build a model (without your own steps) LPub will just simply show a single picture.

Which application do you use to create your model?

1 hour ago, zux said:

LPub doesn't create steps by itself, it just display the ones you've created while designing a model. If you just build a model (without your own steps) LPub will just simply show a single picture.

Which application do you use to create your model?

I use LDD to create my models.

On 22/04/2017 at 1:08 AM, Ellisss_2 said:

LPub3D is working I just don't know how to use it. When I click generate instructions for my model it just creates one page.

For LPub3D or LPub 4 to generate step by step instructions, you have to use MLcad (not LDD) and add the steps one at a time yourself.

At it's most basic: add some parts, add step, repeat.

I have a lot of experience with MLcad and LPub3D, so don't hesitate to ask me for help :classic:.

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

For LPub3D or LPub 4 to generate step by step instructions, you have to use MLcad (not LDD) and add the steps one at a time yourself.

At it's most basic: add some parts, add step, repeat.

I have a lot of experience with MLcad and LPub3D, so don't hesitate to ask me for help :classic:.

Ok, thanks for your help I will give it a go and if I am still troubled I will PM you. :laugh:

Alternatively, you can use LDCad (to build a LDraw model), which you could find a bit more friendly, as it has brick snap option, unlike MLCad.

52 minutes ago, zux said:

Alternatively, you can use LDCad (to build a LDraw model), which you could find a bit more friendly, as it has brick snap option, unlike MLCad.

Ok, thank you are you aware of any tutorials for LDCad?

Just now, Ellisss_2 said:

Ok, thank you are you aware of any tutorials for LDCad?

Sure

8 hours ago, zux said:

LDCad? I haven't heard of that before, it might be better or it might be harder to use (for me).

I will check it out! :wink:

2 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

LDCad? I haven't heard of that before, it might be better or it might be harder to use (for me).

I will check it out! :wink:

LDCad is miles better than MLCad. LDCad has automatic part snapping like in LDD (although a little tip; it is turned off by default) which makes building so much easier. Not to mention all the other great features including a much easier way to create flexible parts. I really recommend LDCad :classic::thumbup: