carebear

MOC : Dorm building

Hi

the ghostbusters have moved out, So I needed a new tendent for the building
there was a need for student housing so I made it bigger by adding two stories and a bicycle-shed
now it's rented out to 15 girls ho made it their own place
Hope you like it?

Greetings!

thanks for watching!

Edited by carebear

Again a great MOC/MOD. So many lovely interior details with lots of things to spot. The exterior looks massive but pretty cool.

How many HQs did you use? :)

A wonderful MOC, and huge! It looks like it could be straight out of NYC. All the details, such as the washing machines, are amazing. Great work! Must have taken you a very long time to complete.

Looks amazing, that is a lot of bricks and detail! I really like the design of your bike shed as well. These ladies have a fantastic place to stay.

Superbly done. The exterior is impressive, and you've got a ton of great interior details. :thumbup::thumbup:

8 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Again a great MOC/MOD. So many lovely interior details with lots of things to spot. The exterior looks massive but pretty cool.

How many HQs did you use? :)

thanks for the nice comment

- I used 2 HQs and a lot of bricklink-orders

Greetings

5 hours ago, finnbricker said:

A wonderful MOC, and huge! It looks like it could be straight out of NYC. All the details, such as the washing machines, are amazing. Great work! Must have taken you a very long time to complete.

Thanks for the nice comment

- it was a long but fun build

Greetings

3 hours ago, kjm161 said:

Looks amazing, that is a lot of bricks and detail! I really like the design of your bike shed as well. These ladies have a fantastic place to stay.

- the bike-shed was a bit of a challenge ( the colours needed to be just right )

Greetings

1 hour ago, tkatt said:

Superbly done. The exterior is impressive, and you've got a ton of great interior details. :thumbup::thumbup:

Greetings

Hello,

Your build is one of my favorite moc ever and definitely the best I've seen this year, congratulations!

The nice combination of the different floors, the impressive footprint and height (love the 1st pic), the right color, all in all it is a must see!

Thanks a lot for sharing and inspiring!

This is over the top! The level of detail is amazing. It must have taken ages to build. It is perfectly executed. The only bad part about it would be the parts bill ;)

23 hours ago, power1369 said:

this looks fantastic ... great work !!

Greetings

23 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

Hello,

Your build is one of my favorite moc ever and definitely the best I've seen this year, congratulations!

The nice combination of the different floors, the impressive footprint and height (love the 1st pic), the right color, all in all it is a must see!

Thanks a lot for sharing and inspiring!

Greetings

21 hours ago, Venunder said:

Very good MOC..:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Greetings

48 minutes ago, NewTown said:

This is over the top! The level of detail is amazing. It must have taken ages to build. It is perfectly executed. The only bad part about it would be the parts bill ;)

- it took a long time, but it was a fun time

- it was a big bill

Greetings

Carebear you wow us again! This is awesome. The size and scale is downright impressive and as always your MOCs are loaded top to bottom with incredible detail. Fantastic build.

This is mega carebear. Great amount of detail included and I think what makes it so good is that its a corner build covering two streets. I thought I had a big set mashing together a couple of 10197 Fire Brigades, but this is on a different scale. I pity the minifigs that live next to this student accommodation!! :laugh:

That is really looking great.. it was sure worth to put so much detail in it!!  Great structure and a unique building!!

That is very impressive!! I especially like the elaborate bike shed and the interior details are spot on!! 

Excellent work!!

This is awesome!  The original structure was always impressive, but you've literally and figuratively taken it to a new level.  Love the interior detailing too, especially the ground floor.

Really impressive MOC, carebear. Both in size and details. I really like the common areas, they have a high level of details. They are wild, lively and express creativity. And actually a great contrast to the dormitory rooms which are quite neat and tidy.

On 20-4-2017 at 4:42 PM, jalemac34 said:

Superb, looks so much better than the HQ itself

Very good work

On 20-4-2017 at 7:13 PM, koalayummies said:

Carebear you wow us again! This is awesome. The size and scale is downright impressive and as always your MOCs are loaded top to bottom with incredible detail. Fantastic build.

thanks again for the nice comment

On 20-4-2017 at 11:06 PM, scottwb2010 said:

This is mega carebear. Great amount of detail included and I think what makes it so good is that its a corner build covering two streets. I thought I had a big set mashing together a couple of 10197 Fire Brigades, but this is on a different scale. I pity the minifigs that live next to this student accommodation!! :laugh:

- I think they need to buy earplugs

On 21-4-2017 at 11:34 AM, LegoSjaak said:

That is really looking great.. it was sure worth to put so much detail in it!!  Great structure and a unique building!!

On 21-4-2017 at 8:32 PM, TimeLord said:

Fantastic! Love the detailing :thumbup:

On 21-4-2017 at 8:41 PM, greg3 said:

That is very impressive!! I especially like the elaborate bike shed and the interior details are spot on!! 

Excellent work!!

- the shed was a bit of a head-breaker

On 22-4-2017 at 7:21 AM, Heksu said:

Impressive work, carebear! Huge building full of great details!

hi kristel, thanks again for the nice comment

13 hours ago, laka said:

Really impressive MOC, carebear. Both in size and details. I really like the common areas, they have a high level of details. They are wild, lively and express creativity. And actually a great contrast to the dormitory rooms which are quite neat and tidy.

A really great alternate build and def out does mine...then again I only had one set. ?

In all seriousness its very nice with great details throughout.

5 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

A really great alternate build and def out does mine...then again I only had one set. ?

In all seriousness its very nice with great details throughout.

Greetings

59 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

:wub: This is huge and detailed. 

Great job on this build. :thumbup::thumbup:

The building is 3 XL baseplates?

( 3 ) 32 x 32

( 2 ) 16 x 32

Greetings