For this competition I wanted to build the most advanced bot, packed full of features:

- Mecanum wheels, they allow the bot to go in ANY direction, even sideways. Each wheel is powered by 2 M motors, therebye totaling at 8 M motors for drive, combined with a flippable design which allows the bot to drive upside down

P1230367.JPG

- Liftable spikes to raise the opponent and siable them in the front, powered by 2 L motors

Spikes%20front.gif

and at the sides, powered by 2 M motors

Spikes%20side.gif

- The rear has a very fast spinning weapon, which tops at some 4000 rpm, powered by an RC motor

Spinner.gif

- to top it all off the whole rear spinning weapon is on an arm which can pivot upward, therebye delivering a powerfull blow. For that action I used 4 XL motors.

Flip.gif

- And finally some corner rubber guards make it very hard for this bot to be picked up and dragged:

P1230371.JPG

Squeezing 17 motors, 2 Sbricks and 2 battery boxes in a robot of less than 8 studs tall and 45 x 45 studs wide and long was a challenge, but in the end I succeded.

Because it looks like a rather squarish looking pancakge I decided to simply call it that - square pancake.

Specifications:

- Powered by 10M, 2L, 4XL and 1 RC motor for a total of 17 motors
- Controlled by 2 sbricks
- 45 x 45 x 8 studs large
- weight is around 2,5 kg

1280x960.jpg

Here's spikes and the weapon are suppose to work in together to disable and smack the brick ouf of the opponent:

1280x722.jpg

To control the robot I made a custom Sbrick profile for my phone. Controlling all the motors and ways of movements can be quite a challenge

1280x969.jpg

And here is the nightmare of cables, motors, gears and bricks which hides under the armor:

1280x722.jpg

Please enjoy the video showcasing all the functions:

In the end I know this may not be the toughest or nicest looking battlebot, but I think it compensates with a very large amount of unsual features and techniques.

Building this model was very fun, among other things it inspired me to continue developing my mecanum wheels for future models. A big thanks to everyone for inspiring me :wink:

Very hard to beat the design of this model , both in self-protection and self-defense , the photo of the innards is astonishing!

Edited by LXF

Wasn't the case, that You are in dark age currently? Than...DANG, pops this massively PF flawoured pencake into our plate. How many motors, in what size??!*huh*

Just kidding, great to see You being active! Bon appetite! :laugh:

Edit: I am not totally sold on the driving system (too bumpy, and relative slow), but it's uniquness deserves the attention.

Edited by agrof

I love the complexity of the model, and the amount of motors used, but why did you choose this drive system in a battle bot?
now, say you lift someone... then what? does it have enough power to push?

I like how the functions work, and I like the design. That spinning weapon looks very dangerous! It looks very durable, but I wonder, can it be disabled if something like a hammer or grabber got into one of the wheels and trapped it?

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

That 4000 rpm spinning weapon is impressive. How far it is from pulling itself apart due to centrifugal forces?

Impressively complex design! How do the wheels hold up? they seem somewhat vulnerable compared to the rest of the design.

Very nice work!

If I were Tyrion Lannister, and I had to determine whether I lived or died by a trial by combat...... I would choose this bot.  (Must have read or watched Game of Thrones to understand this reference).

This is a beauty Jerry.... especially love the steering. 

You make me regret not to have used omni wheels, but unfortunately the fact that they are not perfectly round reduces pushing power a lot, the overall design looks cool but I don't think all those weaponary will be effective on a real bot... 

You sure have a point for defense and mechanical complexity, just a question, can your arm work as a self right? 

Wow, I'm glad this is in the other category! :laugh:

Anyhow, pretty impressive 'bot. Nice how filled-up everything is, and nice that it works upside down. The way you filled everything up makes it look like the innards of modern electronics :classic:

I don't like the wobbly motion, I think with normal wheels your bot could have been a lot faster. The wheels are a nice technical achievement though, so nice job on that. Also the lifters seem stronger than I expected.

That said, I think the bot is a bit of everything, and doesn't really focus on doing one thing really well. I think the spinner on the arm is a wonderful idea and it seems to be one of the most deadly weapons I encountered in the contest so far. Maybe if you just focused on that, and just built a bot with only that weapon, and ditched all the lifters on the sides (and used regular wheels), the bot could have been a lot smaller, faster and more agile, and I think I would have liked it more. But it's certainly some quite impressive work!