frumpy

[MOC] Tregatis VI Mining Operations

Hi All,

I've finally finished all my classic space builds and turned them into the following layout.

Tregatis VI Mining Operation
Tregatis VI is a uninhabited planet located in the Pegasus galaxy. The CS explorers discovered the planet contains a rare mineral that has great potential as an energy source. They have set up a mining operation on the planet to extract the ore and ship it back to earth for refining.

33257586343_4a64c73297_c.jpg

33912492372_3327a71c4a_c.jpg

34028891316_cdbd78471e_c.jpg

33912514462_661f38c71c_c.jpg

33912520622_4f4df84bc6_c.jpg

More pictures of the layout here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickknight/albums/72157679447551513

If you are interested in just the ships and vehicles you can find these here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickknight/albums/72157672326318882

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks.

I really like that the main use for a space portal is to purchase hotdogs.

Tell me about the Futuron suits on display.  Are they for sale?  Demonstrating the wardrobe change they'll be making next week?

Just now, axaday said:

Tell me about the Futuron suits on display.  Are they for sale?  Demonstrating the wardrobe change they'll be making next week?

Yes, the intent is to have a display of prototype suits for the next evolution.

These are truly awesome, I miss the classic space theme. I really like the portal, turned out nice, lots of great things here. :thumbup:

Very nice! A good mix of new and classic building styles. Some of the best are that way! Thumbs up.

6 hours ago, drclark said:

I really like the alpha 1 rocket base tribute

Thanks, I wanted to pay tribute to some classic sets. Some of the small vehicles/ships are classic space versions of non-CS sets. 

O, My!!!!

So Great!!!!

- it has a 70/80's classic feel to it ( Love that!!!! )

Just Amazing!!!!

Greetings

Incredible. I recently built a neo classic space X-Wing and I had a lot of fun doing it. I had no interest in CS or neo CS previously until I built it. I surprisingly had enough of the blue and light bley and trans yellow to make it work. Either way, I do NOT have enough to make something like this. Very inspirational. I love all of the details.

The portals are really neat. I like the different ships and I can see where you took your inspiration on a few. I would have no money to get that many figures though. Maybe I can figure out how to make decals and put them on bodies.

This looks very good.:wub:

I love your own versions of the old sets.

The use of green transparent pieses looks good in combination with tan.

Ahhh.... you can't go wrong with blue, grey and trans-yellow!!! Having grown up with Classic Space, this was a real trip down memory lane (Reminds me of some of the layouts in old ideas books - but much cooler!!) My favourite bits are the rocket launch station and the "hot dog" portal. The ground/mining scenes are spot on too!!

Excellent suff!!