Oky

Star Wars Mighty Micros

With Star Wars Celebration going on right now, I thought it would be a good time to make a fun little Star Wars MOC, so I imagined what Star Wars themed mighty micros would look like.

34055782605_8355780fe2_z.jpg
Star Wars Mighty Micros by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

The most fun part about this project was making the minifigs. I used some of the older, simpler torsos as they are a great fit for the cartoony style of the Mighty Micros. Superman's and Wonder Woman's heads were perfect for Han and Leia, and Aang's head fit surprisingly well for Luke. There wasn't much I could do for Boba and Vader, but I was able to use Hobgoblin's over-exaggerated face for the Emperor. Unfortunately the only white short legs come in the Gremlins set which I don't have, so I had to use gray for Leia, but I think it kind of works.

34055779325_bd7a7f3e78_z.jpg
SWMM Minifigs by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Let's take a closer look at the sets! First up we have the showdown between the Skywalkers: Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader. Vader's car resembles his TIE Advanced while Luke is driving a wheeled version of his Landspeeder.

34055780515_f60da15580_z.jpg
SWMM: Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

34055779375_09b94672ce_z.jpg
SWMM: Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Next we have Han Solo in his tiny Millennium Falcon being chased by Boba Fett in his Slave I car.

34055784135_27c7771cdb_z.jpg
SWMM: Han Solo vs. Boba Fett by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

34055784945_24cf9277e7_z.jpg
SWMM: Han Solo vs. Boba Fett by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Lastly, we have a recreation of the opening scene of A New Hope with Princess Leia being chased by a Star Destroyer which in this case is piloted by the Emperor.

34055785805_2b6d587cb8_z.jpg
SWMM: Princess Leia vs. Emperor Palpatine by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

34055784775_ebea4d535d_z.jpg
SWMM: Princess Leia vs. Emperor Palpatine by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Let me know what you think and what other themes you'd like to see in the Mighty Micros style. And may the force be with you.:yoda:

Wow, I really like them! Slave 1 is probably my favorite. The minifigs are hilarious! Ingenious use for the Emperor's head. Might I suggest a possible Prequel lineup, a mini gungan sub with Jar Jar would be comical :laugh:

Thanks guys!

7 hours ago, FishW said:

Might I suggest a possible Prequel lineup, a mini gungan sub with Jar Jar would be comical :laugh:

Hm, I suppose that would be possible, especially since we already got all the prequel characters in a cartoony style in the Clone Wars sets, although I don't think it would be very popular.:laugh:

Noice! :thumbup:  Very well befitting; from the minifigures expressions to their snazzy lookin' rides—intriguing at best!  Would not think the official versions to deviate far from this!