75144 - Snowspeeder - Rating  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor
  2. 2. What do you think of the pictures with parts for each step?

• Positive (I like 'em)
    • Neutral (I don't care and/or I don't mind)
    • Negative (please don't do that again)

On 5/6/2017 at 6:56 AM, will said:

Just finished building mine. Looks great when finished, a little wobbly in the stand, but the amount of stickers put my heart rate up a fair bit, especially the windscreen! 

Shouldn't the pilot have some sort of joystick for flight control? 

I can't understand the logic behind the use of stickers on the windscreen, especially when the piece was created specifically for this model. Oh well...

On 6/05/2017 at 8:56 AM, will said:

Just finished building mine. Looks great when finished, a little wobbly in the stand, but the amount of stickers put my heart rate up a fair bit, especially the windscreen! 

Shouldn't the pilot have some sort of joystick for flight control? 

The great thing about stickers is that they're optional. I haven't used any stickers any all on mine, and it still looks fine. I replaced all the internal cockpit stickered parts with printed tiles to good effect, and also reversed the direction of the rear controls so they turn in the correct (even if non-canon) direction with the rear blaster. The pilot does have a joystick for flight control - two in fact - one on each side of the seat.

I have begun tweaking mine, will make a post with the changes soon. There are a few obvious changes to make and also a few areas where the old set is better :)

On 2017-04-16 at 0:53 PM, atlas said:

It's Zev Senesca and Kit Valent. (rogue 2).

• price - $330 in australia is opportunistic and put me off buying this. No reason whatsoever for it to be 30 more expensive than 75060 and 75095. 500 grams less product than 75060, 300 less pieces and less minifigures. 350g lighter than 75095, same pieces, 1 more minifigure, but still more expensive.

Just ordered the speeder and thought exactly this. It is over priced (obviously didn't scare me off though). Less pieces and weight than Slave-1 and yet a higher price tag. That pisses me off a bit, but I'd take a well designed but over priced SHIP any day rather than that Hoth failure. I do not know what they were thinking with that one.

Well. Done is done and it's payed so now it's just a matter of waiting for it to arrive and to build it, in due time. :D

Great review Jim!

On 5/11/2017 at 11:18 AM, mortesv said:

I have begun tweaking mine, will make a post with the changes soon. There are a few obvious changes to make and also a few areas where the old set is better :)

I follow you on instagram and saw your post of your mods.  I like how you evened out the shoulder type things on the back.  What did you use to straighten them out?

5 hours ago, aukevin said:

I follow you on instagram and saw your post of your mods.  I like how you evened out the shoulder type things on the back.  What did you use to straighten them out?

I simply moved the hinge brick and added a plate or two thickness under the tiles.

21 hours ago, mortesv said:

I simply moved the hinge brick and added a plate or two thickness under the tiles.

Thanks.  I'll give mine a look tonight.  

Although I like this set, I probably won't get it. It's quite expensive especially when compared with the Saturn V Rocket. Great review though Jim, hopefully look forward to seeing one of the Millennium Falcon later this year! 

I really liked reading this review and looking through it, but I had one question I was wondering if you had the answer to. I had noticed that on the wing, the designers at TLG had 2x2 spinners to hold the front of the laser cannons. I was wondering why they hadn’t just used 2x2 plate. If you could tell me why they did that if you know, I would really appreciate it.

The laser canons are positioned at a slight angle. That’s why they can’t use a plate. On my mobile right now, but there is probably a picture from the front.

Now that I’ve told you, you will probably be able to see it in the main picture as well.