Spud The Viking

[GBW] - Media - New Brickika - Red Wings News

Good Evening, I'm Theodore McCallum and you're watching the Red Wings News.

33235800703_2ffd88a814_c.jpgNew Brickika News room by Tom Gray, on Flickr

We are glad to announce the NBAF (New Brickika Air Force) is expanding it's arsenal. The RWN has been given special images of their new jets on the Southern Beach Airfield (I8). This Airbase was abandoned after the colonies were granted independence, but troublesome times have meant New Brickika must use all her resources to defend herself in the inevitable war. Here are the images;

33839146852_3c73fa395d_c.jpgLego Fighter Jet roughly based on the American F-35 Lightning 2 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

33867122151_86dc2e4e0a_c.jpgLego Fighter Jet roughly based on the American F-35 Lightning 2 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

33153467494_9d17cfe713_c.jpgLego Fighter Jet roughly based on the American F-35 Lightning 2 by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Splendid craft I must say. These Raptor-35s are not yet armed, but as soon as they are, I hope those bombs are dropped on the commie scum North-West of our great nation.

Next, we'll be looking at our special report; the "Rise of the Reds' which is to be aired tomorrow, and stay tuned for our tips on buying the best guns for the lowest price.

[Note, RWN channel is Right-Wing if you didn't catch the drift, this is not the view of all New Brickians]

[Extra pictures]

Jet wing landing gear up

34006254056_626291883d_c.jpgMore pics of the fighter jet by Tom Gray, on Flickr

End Elevation of Jet

34046893295_a0ed912ee7_c.jpgMore pics of the fighter jet by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Theodore watching some 'Liberal nonsense' on his brake to get him riled up for the next broadcast.

33235799233_2efdacaa58_c.jpgNew Brickika News room by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Detail view on the flag

33235799733_99c4f82b25_c.jpgNew Brickika News room by Tom Gray, on Flickr 

Thank for viewing.

Edited by Spud The Viking

Hi! 

Whenever somebody takes the risk to build a plane, he or she deserves respect, for it's not easy.

The TV set is impressive, too.

I like the design; the nose, the cockpit, the landing gear, it is very compact. What are its "real" measures?

I would improve:

-The front of the nose; the snots of the upper wedges can probably be removed for future upgrades by using another part.

-I would cover the wings, fuselage and rudders with more tiles.

-modern fighter planes have different wingspan/length ratios, as they are longer than wider.

-I assume you want your plane to fly fast; increase the sweep angle of the wings (45 °) and it will have a more agressive look.

I am in my fight to design an airplane for me, and I know how complex it is.

Congratulations and best regards.

11 minutes ago, sigpro said:

Hi! 

Whenever somebody takes the risk to build a plane, he or she deserves respect, for it's not easy.

The TV set is impressive, too.

I like the design; the nose, the cockpit, the landing gear, it is very compact. What are its "real" measures?

I would improve:

-The front of the nose; the snots of the upper wedges can probably be removed for future upgrades by using another part.

-I would cover the wings, fuselage and rudders with more tiles.

-modern fighter planes have different wingspan/length ratios, as they are longer than wider.

-I assume you want your plane to fly fast; increase the sweep angle of the wings (45 °) and it will have a more agressive look.

I am in my fight to design an airplane for me, and I know how complex it is.

Congratulations and best regards.

Thanks for the reply. The jet was based off of the F-35 Lightning 2, but my part restriction ruled out sweeping wings, or maybe my stubbornness to change something once I'm halfway through :grin:. This was mainly a test, groundwork to see how to properly build air-crafts.

This will definitely not be my last jet plane so I'll probably Bricklink some more angled pieces and hinges to further improve my jet building.

A good build ! And the aircraft is quite good...

But, just a thing : do you really think that "Red wings" and "rise of the red" are good words to use on anti communist (red) propaganda ? :tongue:

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

A good build ! And the aircraft is quite good...

But, just a thing : do you really think that "Red wings" and "rise of the red" are good words to use on anti communist (red) propaganda ? :tongue:

It's more of a reference to the Flag, but I see where you're coming from :grin:

That's a very nice job on the jet and the news scene. As others have already mentioned, the red bird is very well done, and it is even more impressive that you were able to get such a great design using fairly common parts. It's great to see the functional landing gear, and I'm sure this plane will appear much more menacing with a full load of weapons. Finally, the landing strip is great, and I love the small piles of sand that are slowly encroaching on the side of the runway. Very nice job. 

I would suggest revisiting a few of the plane's angles and the tail fins. A lot of modern aircraft seem to have wings that angle back towards the tail instead of being perpendicular to the body. In addition, the tail fins seem a little small.

You've Been Awarded (2) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Love the way you made the eagle pop out of the flag. Jet looks good and I look forward to seeing what you do with it when you have enough points for those missions. Not bad for part limitations. I would suggest altering the wings a bit for shape when you can. Presentation score was not too great . The runway had no finishing on it at all and the build wasn't too blocked off from other things around it. Work on your presentation a bit. Please note this build is being scored a little lower by me because the plane is the primary focus of the build. Had you had this in passing or in the background or something, it'd be different. Obviously it cannot be used for operations until the aerial missions are unlocked. Please be mindful of the point limitations.   

I like your jet, but the fact that you are not to build air power items for a few levels makes this build into a rule breaker.  Looking at it though, creative build, good angles, Personally I see more F-18 than Raptor, but that's just me.  When taking pictures, be sure to use a neutral background; no one really wants to see your dining room set.  It looks to be on a runway or a strip of road...either way, your base should not be so small that it your main focus (the build) overhangs.  You want your base to be supportive of your build, not as if it was a last second add on that you didn't have enough parts for.  Please follow the guidelines of the game because I really liked this and would have scored it higher.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!