Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

A gift for the lions

Hello ladies and gents!

I got my second plate finished! 3 more to go!

here are some pics. I changed the minifigs on my "ambush plate" it's about the long standing alliance between the lion knights and the fantasy era knights. the fantasy era knights have captured a most wanted bandit that has terrorized the land of the lions. they are willing to "gift" this bandit to the lions

the pics :)

33997246326_b3b99c8cc2_b.jpgSecondMOC12 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

33908447741_e201199a43_b.jpgSecondMOC17 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

33997219136_c3910eec32_b.jpgSecondMOC5 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

33880798752_268bd9c7f5_b.jpgSecondMOC9 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

33997217806_962e2ed207_b.jpgSecondMOC6 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

34038062905_4e9b89d108_b.jpgSecondMOC3 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

33908444181_6845b599ec_b.jpgSecondMOC4 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

picture from above

33653070150_63aa8b9f95_b.jpgSecondMOC10 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

On the 3th and 4th plate there will be a village with a market on it. Hope you guys like it.

Cheers!

:look: Poor bandit! :grin:  Very nice scene here, great job with the pathway through the forest, and the castle wall/gateway is neat as well!  Love that you went ahead and actually added a way to get in with the door down in the entry way! :laugh: :thumbup:

very cool build, I really love the forest, though the castle is great as well! :wink:  it may be nitpicking, but the edges of the pathway seems a bit too straight to me...

Thanks for the feedback guys! I kinda agree on the edges of the pathway, how can I solve it for my next moc? just more texture?, wedges etc?

The texturing is good, but maybe make the borders of the path irregular, for example add some tan occassionally in the first line of green next to the path as well.

I like the path, and your bandit fig is cool xD

Just stepping the path's layout a bit keeps it from looking so straight. Like here:

O.jpg

I like the lush vegetation you have, and the castle wall has a good classic look to it :thumbup:

This forest is awesome, I love the undergrowth and the trees are awesome. I am with every on the path but the castle looks great aswell :thumbup:

As others have said, a simple fix for the path is to just build a bit of the vegetation onto the path, and a bit of the path onto the vegetation, to avoid the clear-cut straight lines that are so unnatural in the real world. You do not have to over-do it, however, but just allow a bit of green on the tan, and some of the tan on the green. I like the lushness of your vegetation, and the wall, though a bit short to be especially effective defensively, is nice, too. I think a bit more color-blocking and irregularity in the stonework would be a positive, too, rather than having 1x2 dark grey plates on top of light grey walls. Concentrate the dark grey in certain areas, perhaps, and blend it with the light grey a bit more smoothly. 

On 24-4-2017 at 9:58 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

As others have said, a simple fix for the path is to just build a bit of the vegetation onto the path, and a bit of the path onto the vegetation, to avoid the clear-cut straight lines that are so unnatural in the real world. You do not have to over-do it, however, but just allow a bit of green on the tan, and some of the tan on the green. I like the lushness of your vegetation, and the wall, though a bit short to be especially effective defensively, is nice, too. I think a bit more color-blocking and irregularity in the stonework would be a positive, too, rather than having 1x2 dark grey plates on top of light grey walls. Concentrate the dark grey in certain areas, perhaps, and blend it with the light grey a bit more smoothly. 

I agree on the wall, it's my first wall I have built and it is kinda short for a real "defensive" position. so I made it a citywall, just as a "first" passage to the habited world lol. I found this out when I was building a new house for the next part. the house is a lot higher than the wall. I see some awesome wall techniques coming through on flickr. Have to watch those techniques and imply them for my next castle/wall in future. Thanks for this feedback :thumbup:

Very nice scene, you did a wonderful job capturing the forest look with the dense vegetation! :thumbup: The wall texturing looks nice as well, though I think the gateway could be raised a little bit, so that someone on a horse could fit through.
The moat and bridge look great too :classic: