Kelkschiz

[MOC] Blacktron "Liberator" MBT

This is my Blacktron “Liberator” main battle tank (MBT). It was designed to be the backbone of the Blacktron land forces. It is a relatively small and fast attack vehicle with heavy armaments, capable of devastating hit-and-run attacks. At the moment it is just a prototype being field tested but as soon as this design enters full production Blacktron HQ expects to be able to take the initiative once again.

Had a lot of fun playing with this MOC so far. I think it's a worthy addition to my small Blacktron army :)

33963452986_7c7b3fdeda_z.jpg

33875356151_d1522b2ed6_z.jpg

33875358171_9b4a221ce7_z.jpg

33875363301_3f90401c99_z.jpg

Awesome MOC! - Can't believe its gone this long without a comment.... 

Love the combo of technic function with a system theme.

Not clear from your video - is there room in the interior for minifigs?

Thanks! Yes indeed, there is room for a BT minifig in the turret! Just one though. I think I could create space for a second one elsewhere in the turret. But otherwise the MOC is pretty full with gears, motors, batteries etc. 

33875356711_dba7c9e3dd_z.jpg

Edited by Kelkschiz

WOW! It's fast, nimble, functional, stylish, what more could you ask for right? Bet you used L motors eh? Let me know. Thumbs up.

14 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

WOW! It's fast, nimble, functional, stylish, what more could you ask for right? Bet you used L motors eh? Let me know. Thumbs up.

Thanks! I went a little overkill on this MOC power-wise. It has four RC Buggy motors to power it. RC Buggy motors are the most powerful motors LEGO has ever produced. Together they produce around 18 watts of mechanical power, that is the equivalent of 10 PF L motors :grin:. Thing is, if you are keeping your builds indoors you can get away with a lot less power. But outdoors, with dirt getting in the way, you need more power to push through that. With the power this MOC has, dirt is no problem. Lot of fun driving outdoor, except for the cleaning afterwards...

Ahhhhh! Of course! The RC buggy motors. Heh, totally forgot about those. I don't know why I thought L motors. Maybe 4 when geared up, but even that couldn't pump out the speed and torque your model does. But man 4 RC motors? Does the Blacktron Corporation have that kind of money? LOL.

7 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Ahhhhh! Of course! The RC buggy motors. Heh, totally forgot about those. I don't know why I thought L motors. Maybe 4 when geared up, but even that couldn't pump out the speed and torque your model does. But man 4 RC motors? Does the Blacktron Corporation have that kind of money? LOL.

Only top of the line is good enough for Blacktron. Nobody is looking at a few dimes when you aim for Galactic domination. ^^

2 hours ago, Kelkschiz said:

Only top of the line is good enough for Blacktron. Nobody is looking at a few dimes when you aim for Galactic domination. ^^

Cool! How about the firing mechanism, Looks easy to load. You should take a video of it shooting down targets.

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

Cool! How about the firing mechanism, Looks easy to load. You should take a video of it shooting down targets.

Good idea, i'll try to incorporate that into my MOCtalk video ;)

8 minutes ago, Kelkschiz said:

Good idea, i'll try to incorporate that into my MOCtalk video ;)

Great! I would love to see how the firing mechanism works! Contraptions are one of my favorite things to find online. As well as designing my own.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

On 4/16/2017 at 8:45 PM, Kelkschiz said:

Thanks! I went a little overkill on this MOC power-wise. It has four RC Buggy motors to power it. RC Buggy motors are the most powerful motors LEGO has ever produced. Together they produce around 18 watts of mechanical power, that is the equivalent of 10 PF L motors :grin:. Thing is, if you are keeping your builds indoors you can get away with a lot less power. But outdoors, with dirt getting in the way, you need more power to push through that. With the power this MOC has, dirt is no problem. Lot of fun driving outdoor, except for the cleaning afterwards...

With LEGO, there's no such thing as overkill. :wink: Fantastic job on this!

On 17-4-2017 at 2:13 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Great! I would love to see how the firing mechanism works! Contraptions are one of my favorite things to find online. As well as designing my own.

Still working on the MOCtalk video. However if you are specifically interested in the shooting mechanism, it's a close adaptation from Zack Macasaet shooting mechanism, which you can find here:

13 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

With LEGO, there's no such thing as overkill. :wink: Fantastic job on this!

My sentiments exactly :pir-sweet:. Thanks!