8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It may be to show that sometimes buggy motors might not be fair.

Edit: I don't so I will factor that in.

I hate to break up the party here..... but not sure I understand what you are trying to say.  Are you saying that because a part is rare, or expensive, that it is unfair to others who do not have the same parts, or cannot afford them that they are used? 

Wonderful to get some information of what is out there but I can see eons of trouble with the rationale being used to obtain it.......:cry_sad:

I was going to suggestion a category in competitions for those with buggy motors.

It seems it is unnecessary.

none. almost bought one of the old rc sets, but never had the money and figured it wasn't worth it

sorry for posting again for a poll topic, but I was curious about the motor.  

$50 for one motor on bricklink shipping from USA to USA is pretty expensive for me at least.  Or I could buy multiple L motors for $17 each.  For the size and output speeds comparing the two motors, honestly I think that the L motor is the way to go all around.  

I don't have a buggy motor, but I have this so why would I buy one

41G-HRj9KzL._SX425_.jpg

Edited by JJ2

Have about 10 or more of them. Some of them installed in small cars, that I can always take off the shelf and have fun. 

2 hours ago, JJ2 said:

I don't have a buggy motor, but I have this so why would I buy one

[Picture of non Lego RC motor]

Because I'm purist, and I don't want to friction weld parts.:classic:

13 hours ago, DrJB said:

I think I recall seeing this discussed a while back but do not recall ... Yes, these motors are 'powerful'. As such, they draw more current than current PF motors. The question is: Are they compatible with the PF power supplies? (current limiting and load/heat)

Yes they are but only 1 per battery box, and if you want to RC them they only work with V2 receivers.

10 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It seems my guess was wrong. I thought no would be the primary awnser. Does anyone know where a cheap one is?:grin:

No, only where 2 were :wink: I bought those 2 for only AU $40

7 hours ago, nychase said:

I have 28, obtained through various sources and reasons.  Most recently (2 months ago) someone on Ebay listed 4 of them for 7.50 each....jackpot.  

That being said, haven't built anything with them....just keep collecting them as I come across them. 

You should sell some! there are lots of people that want some.

Yes, 4 of them. Definitely my favorite Lego motor but they have gathered some considerable wear the way I use them.

1 hour ago, z3_2drive said:

Definitely my favorite Lego motor

Yes mine too, I was really surprised how powerful they were!

Yes I have four. Would love to have some more, but four is a good amount. It is pretty essential for the kind of MOCs I build. I use them all the time. I wish LEGO would make something like them again, so people could get them cheaper. 

20 hours ago, Sylvian said:

i have 2,. Never use them :blush:

I'll buy those from you in an instant. PM me!

I have two at the moment.

-ED-

None, and don't even want to get any, for me the price / value ratio is way over.

From MOCing perspective my consideration is: when I create a MOC, I like to do it in a way, which can be replicated by most of us with the most accessible available parts.

Edited by agrof

Yes and I need a second one :devil_laugh: 

I was lucky to get it in the old motor set , before it got discontinued

In a 'standard' poll, I would expect some summary numbers/statistics as an output. The questions to be answered could be:

1. Total number of motors across all EB respondents

2. Max number of motors per EB members (min is of course zero)

3. Average number Motors / EB members (not useful but still)

4. Histogram, of how many people own how many motors ... etc.

5. How many of the total motors (reported) are being used. How many are sitting idle (either collecting dust or in a 'clean room')

6. How many are still sealed in their original boxes

7. ...

The way this thread has evolved is only a collection of answers, not 'organized data' per say.

Edited by DrJB

Agree, this is what I forgot to mention: is it possible to create a real poll for this topic, where everyone could "vote":

• 2-4
  • more
  • maniac collectors :classic:

Than it would show some kind of statistics for the topic. If @Aventador2004 can't do this, maybe staff can help, just needed to be asked.

Edited by agrof

If I remember correctly, users have to have a certain post count before they can make a poll in a thread, but I have no idea what it is. I agree with @DrJB that updating the first post with some manually collected information would be more useful though, unless simply knowing how many people own how many was your intention.