On a scale 1 to 5   

24 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this polybag?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Excellent
  2. 2. Will you want to get this polybag?

• 1 - Yes, no matter what
    • 2 - Neutral, having it or not doesn't really matter
    • 3 - No, I will not bother about it

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

I am very pleased to share my next simple unique polybag review of the LEGO Batman Movie. This polybag is incredibly uncommon and Singapore is one of the fortunate countries where I am able to secure this highly sought polybag upon minimum purchase of SGD$60.00 at Toys R US on any LEGO products on a single receipt. So far, I have not seen this polybag appearing elsewhere, other than perhaps Malaysia and Hong Kong. I am not exactly sure of the availability and I wonder if there will be any restriction to the availability. Since the polybag printed the piece count on it, I believe it is a matter of time before we see them in the United States. Without further ado, let me begin with this fantastic one-of-a-kind polybag review. 

Name: 5004929 Batman Battle Pod
Theme: LEGO System / Licensed / The LEGO Batman Movie
Year: 2017
Pieces: 24
Minifigs: 1 minifigure
Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A
Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 5004929 Batman Battle Pod
33130535374_c7a09ede10_o_d.jpg
Back view of the original polybag image of the 5004929 Batman Battle Pod
33844346601_f512bc17bf_o_d.jpg

Grab your Battle Pod and bring your Batman whenever you go
33161131313_80f18d96d8_o_d.jpg

This is certainly a must-get promotional polybag for the LEGO Batman Movie which also include the 30607 Disco Batman and Tears of Batman. You can give every other LEGO Batman Movie polybags a miss, other than these two mentioned polybags. It is because the minifigures inside these polybags are strictly unique and only made available in those polybags and nowhere else.  This is also the first time where I see such quite a big item contained in a polybag. It's rather strange to see such a well designed pod being featured in such promotional giveaway. I really wonder what other usage will this Battle Pod serve. It is a very innovative concept to market this Batman minifigure and is definitely the first to see such approach. 

The LEGO building content
33161133193_aae1508080_o_d.jpg

The polybag contains 24 building parts. When I opened the bag, this is the actual polybag content  and the building parts are contain in the Battle Pod in a sealed plastic bag.There is an instruction manual to guide you on how to build the gadget holding area at the side of the Battle Pod. There is nil extra parts. 

Tiger Tuxedo Batman
33161137963_ca6b22bf8c_o_d.jpg

The completed built of the Tiger Tuxedo Batman is pretty nicely done. By the way, this is not the official name but just a term which I coined to describe this beloved minifigure. As there are many amazing colourful vibrant minifigures in the LEGO Batman Movie, this is just a superb addition to Batman costume closet. The minifigure contain good all roudned printing. You can view the front view with the original facial appearance and turning behind to see the alternate facial appearance. This is also a nice photo of the back view and side view.

A closer look at the gadget holding area
33932968476_70af0de31a_o_d.jpg

The completed built of the gadget holding area is above average, especially with the inclusion of the 2x2 control alert printed tile and Batman's gears. The holding mechanism is placed nicely for these accessories to hold firm. When the Battle Pod is closed with the minifigure inside, it fit and close nicely. You can view the the other side of the stickered background view where the minifigure is placed for the illustration of Bat Cave at the back.  I seriously wondering if we will ever see this Battle Pod elsewhere. It's similar to the kind of hi-tech gear attached to Batman's utility belt or something. On a side note, I even regard it as a Pokemon with the stored minifigure in there and throw it across, screaming "I choose you". No punts intended. 

My Valentine date to Joker Clubhouse
33130535594_016f5d7a1b_o_d.jpg

I have ordered special pizza delivery for our date
33844307491_6133bc9481_o_d.jpg

I have more new costume designs
33816369982_5d289484fc_o_d.jpg
To conclude, this is an excellent above average LEGO Batman Movie polybag which will be highly sought after. This is one of the best polybag selections so far in the LEGO Batman Movie and it is now coupling with retail promotion. I do not encourage you to buy them at a premium secondary market pricing and it is rather insane to pay so much like about USD$25 to acquire this minifigure? Wait for the demand to quell down and hopefully more of these polybags made it to public, this will definitely bring down those ridiculous pricing. I am willing to get this polybag only because it was on a reasonable promotion and I am very happy to add this new Batman costume among my priceless collection. 

Summary review
Playability: 8/10 (Good minifigure which can be combined with existing LEGO Batman Movie sets and expand it further.)
Design: 8/10 (Good minifigure design and thumbs up for the very good attempt for the new Battle Pod.)
Price: 8/10 (One of the best promotional polybag giveaway in the LEGO Batman Movie and do get it as free gift whenever possible or pay at a reasonable price of no more than USD$15 or less.)
Overall: 8/10 (Wonderful polybag design which I am very pleased to acquire it in my collection.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

I order this on the second market, now I'm only missing the Kiss Kiss. Can you post a picture side by side with that suit? Thanks in advance. As always awesome and very detailed review! 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I order this on the second market, now I'm only missing the Kiss Kiss. Can you post a picture side by side with that suit? Thanks in advance. As always awesome and very detailed review! 

Thank you and glad you managed to secure it. However, I do not have the Kiss Kiss Batman and I am unable to take that picture for comparison. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Thank you and glad you managed to secure it. However, I do not have the Kiss Kiss Batman and I am unable to take that picture for comparison. 

You know what, I got mine in your country. I think it's easy to get in your place. :laugh:

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

You know what, I got mine in your country. I think it's easy to get in your place. :laugh:

Is it? Oh boy, I am totally not aware of this promotion. If is available here via reasonable means, then it will be worthwhile. I am sure the promotion is no longer around. 

On 4/12/2017 at 7:19 AM, WhiteFang said:

Is it? Oh boy, I am totally not aware of this promotion. If is available here via reasonable means, then it will be worthwhile. I am sure the promotion is no longer around. 

It is available via reasonable means in SG... but mind you, Malaysia had this promotion first and oh boy, quite a number of enterprising people jacked up the price of this polybag so much that I lost interest getting it.

Thank you everyone for your comments. Glad you like it. 

On 4/13/2017 at 1:23 PM, makoy said:

It is available via reasonable means in SG... but mind you, Malaysia had this promotion first and oh boy, quite a number of enterprising people jacked up the price of this polybag so much that I lost interest getting it.

I will go check it out. Not sure if I really want to have it, since is just a keychain and I do not want to do keychain removal. 

53 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Thank you everyone for your comments. Glad you like it. 

I will go check it out. Not sure if I really want to have it, since is just a keychain and I do not want to do keychain removal. 

Kinda curious, why you don't want to do a keychain removal?

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Kinda curious, why you don't want to do a keychain removal?

It's a personal choice. I don't like to remove minifigures from the keychains unnecessarily. I also buy keychains and it ought to remain as it is. Just a pet peeve of mine, wanting to maintain things as it is and not distort further. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

It's a personal choice. I don't like to remove minifigures from the keychains unnecessarily. I also buy keychains and it ought to remain as it is. Just a pet peeve of mine, wanting to maintain things as it is and not distort further. 

"Authenticity" yep I understand because it's not meant to be a minifigure do you don't want to do it. Well, TLG decides not to release it in minifig form kinda sux because they've made a keychain.

On 4/15/2017 at 9:39 AM, WhiteFang said:

I agree with this lol I've got the Kiss Kiss Batman keychain but I've kept it sealed in it's poly as it'll only be collected by my other half and not used. Tiger Suit Batman on the other hand, that came right out of it's polybag and into one of my frames for display :grin:

On 4/19/2017 at 11:32 PM, julesvincent said:

@SpiderJazz

here is the pic you requested:

*removed*

Our Licensed Moderator have removed this image. Could you resize it and share with us again? Thank you. 

11 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

Apparently their is a Nexo Knights version of this set. 

https://brickset.com/sets/5004914-1/Armor-Pod

It appears there will more of such polybags in the future? I think it could really help if the polybag used an unique minifigure. 

@julesvincent I have resize the image for you further and replace the one which you have hosted. Your amended photo was in the range of 1200 x 1200. 

The prices on these seem to be dropping thankfully. I just picked one up closer to £20 which is a lot less than they were selling for. I think it's a really nice little package and even when displaying the Tiger Suit with the rest of the Bat line up I'll probably put a regular Batman into the pod as I think that would work as a nice little display piece too.