EKae

[LDD] Mortesv's CR90 corvette (reverse-engineered version)

@EKae Awesome

@mortesv some hints about your second project????

I feared my kids get no Christmas presents, too many bricklink Orders:-)

Greetings everyone,

I have been reading through @mortesv's threads concerning his fleet and by default all the different building threads for the respective ships being built by other members and the building experiences that go with it for a long time now and have to say that I have been thoroughly impressed by the hard work that has gone into them all.

I really love the Nebulon-B build and much as I would like to, I wouldn't have the room to build and display it without my better half getting really miffed, so decided to be slightly less ambitious and was following the Tantive thread hoping that the instructions would eventually become available (I wouldn't have had the first idea where to start building the CR90 without some serious help) as I love the ship and it reminds me so much of my childhood years and what started my love affair with Star Wars in the first place.

So when @EKae started this thread and a with a little help from @ecmo47 this became a bit of a no brainer for me. 

I have now sourced all the parts for the ship and am really looking forward to building it, although it may take me a bit of time as I'm a bit of an LDD virgin and haven't built anything from the instructions that it provides so there is a possibility of the air being a bit blue near my place for a while.:angry:

All in all though, I would like to thank you all for providing the varying degrees of help (even if you didn't know you were providing it) to build a truly beautiful version of this ship and a really big thanks to @mortesv. I salute you sir. You are an inspiration to what can be done with the humble brick.

EKae has generously sent me some of his fleet to display at Brickfair, Virginia in a few weeks. The box arrived on Saturday. Very well packed!

35713552510_0c37bb116c_z.jpgDSC02078 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

But as I unwrapped his CR-90, things were not looking good:

35296081063_a1dba49de9_z.jpgDSC02083 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

35713540820_7a9f11919d_z.jpgDSC02082 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Reconstruction in progress. 

35713535510_6d35262798_z.jpgDSC02084 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

The Liberator flys again!

35264729304_06f4727867_z.jpgDSC02086 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Edited by ecmo47

@ecmo47 that is going to be epic Scott - let me know if you ever come to the EU so I can add my fleet to yours :D

@ecmo47 Thanks for doing the repairs! It really did get crushed!

Do you know how everything else came through?

Good afternoon, CR-90 pilots.  I am looking for instructions for the CR-90.  Do I start with the LDD file or are there later instructions.  It is such a gorgeous model!

Awesome set, wish I had a Tantive IV but I think I will wait a while. This one is almost $500 to bricklink! It is beautiful though!

Oh, I just finished building the Tantive IV, exactly a year from the time @mortesv debuted his beautiful model to complement the Nebulon in Sep 2016!!!

Much thanks to @mortesv, @EKae, @ecmo47!! And to the rest of the guys who chimed in on building techniques and suggestions!

Love it! :wub:

Edited by Azrielsc

10 hours ago, EKae said:

Congratulations, @Azrielsc! Your fleet is getting a lot larger! :laugh:

Thanks @EKae! Got to continue adding to the fleet, maybe another CR-90? :tongue: Or a Hammerhead...

Btw, did you manage to complete the LDD for your YV-929? Was wondering where do those #27263 parts fit?

Cheers!

13 minutes ago, ecmo47 said:

Glad to lend a hand! Got any pictures?

37441505895_122172d2cf_c.jpg

Quick snap of the Tantive! 

Just modded the stand so that it is studs up, instead of studs down. 

One question though, is the centre row of engines a bit longer than the rest of the engines? I removed a 4x4 round plate per engine (the centre row ones) so that they are more in line with the rest of the engines. Not sure if it is less accurate than the studio model.

3 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Quick snap of the Tantive! 

Just modded the stand so that it is studs up, instead of studs down. 

One question though, is the centre row of engines a bit longer than the rest of the engines? I removed a 4x4 round plate per engine (the centre row ones) so that they are more in line with the rest of the engines. Not sure if it is less accurate than the studio model.

There are 5 4x4 round plates per engine in the centre row, all the other are build with 6 4x4 round plates!
And congrats, looks great! :wub:

Edited by bricksmarlin

Just now, bricksmarlin said:

There are 5 4x4 round plates per engine in the centre row, all the other are build with 6 4x4 round plates!
And congrats, looks great! :wub:

Much thanks @bricksmarlin

I followed ecmo47 LDD and the rest of the engines are using 1x 87081 bricks and 3x 60474 plates each. Maybe the rest are too short? Haha! Got to go back and check my build again. :classic:

7 minutes ago, Azrielsc said:

Much thanks @bricksmarlin

I followed ecmo47 LDD and the rest of the engines are using 1x 87081 bricks and 3x 60474 plates each. Maybe the rest are too short? Haha! Got to go back and check my build again. :classic:

Ok....so he changed 3x of the 60474 against 1x 87081!

Just now, bricksmarlin said:

Ok....so he changed 3x of the 60474 against 1x 87081!

Yup! No worries, as long as the engines look flush, I am cool with that! :)

Hope it goes smoothly, @Fuchs! It is an awesome build for an iconic ship.

I had to wait 2 weeks for 2 bricks to come in before I continued with my build :angry:. Didn't want to skip any steps in the LDD because I guarantee that if I did, I would have screwed up the build. Yes, I am a noob! :laugh:

I use ecmos LDD and started with the engine, it works really good. 

My problem is that I simultaneously build  Kylo Ren´s shuttle with my 5 year old kid (and he says what I have to do:-))

For me, I was missing 2 pieces of #3675 hence I couldn't add the spine to the Engine block, that was the reason for the delay whilst I waited for them to arrive. Would have throw me off my build. And yes, without the input from Ecmo and the rest, I don't think I would have dared to tackle this MOC. I had to re-read this thread quite a number of times in order to get what everyone was commenting on. :blush:

And good luck with the Kylo Ren's shuttle build, and remember to listen to your kid! :laugh:

I know this is kind of late in the game, but has anyone considered or altered the LXF to put key sections into groups? I'm new to the build but I've spent the weekend following along front to back in both relevant threads and had the LXF up as a reference point and I find myself using the hide feature a lot to try to dig into the depths of the exoskeleton to see the supporting structures. There is a lot of amazing work here and I am thinking I'm going to join the ranks of those tackling this build and if it doesn't exist I may take the time to break it all up into groups. I find the ability to select a group and paste it into a fresh window the optimal way to get around the mish-mash that the built in step by step generator can output.