Forresto

[MOD] 75152 Imperial Assault Tank Modifications

I was hesitant to buy the Imperial Assault Hovertank for some time but I caved and finally did a week ago. Its a great little vehicle in the movie, I actually think it blends really well into the Imperial War machine. For thirty dollars USD its a great value, but this isnt a review. Even as good as the set is there is a lot of room for improvement. What stuck out to me most prevalently is the top hatch, whereas in the movie its just a little hatch in the set its the entire cockpit's roof that opens.  

I know Lego's version is the hover tank variant but I really want to squeeze in tracks. I also want to rework the cockpit to fit three figures and if at all possible make another hatch for the spotter to stick his head out.

33114219594_c2db8f8227_c.jpg

33114798104_cbff72ab42_c.jpg

33572628110_1989dbee12_c.jpg

33144499943_77c219219c_c.jpg

33114217864_7b3b12a1be_c.jpg  

Last year there was a wonderful thread full of fantastic modifications to the AT-ST released this past fall. While the AT-ST is a far more known and beloved part of Star Wars then the GAVw "Occupier, I would love to open this thread up to any modifications the community has. 

If you've modified the Imperial Tank, please, feel free to post your pictures. Lets try and improve an already great set to the best it can be.  

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Nice MOD there @Forresto! Looking forward to seeing more.

As for my mods...

:tongue:

:laugh: Haha, I like that pool on the back of the hovertank. Reminds me of the swimming pool in the Death Star in the Lego Star Wars game.

I did make some modifications, though they are very simple and slightly inaccurate to the real model:

20170410.jpg

Basically the top section can easily be removed:

20170411.jpg

I also added a 2x2 brick for the trooper to stand on when the top hatch is opened:

20170412.jpg

Thank you for sharing. I will be sure to watch out for some mods which you guys have done. 

Firstly, thanks @Forresto for starting this thread - as you say the AT-ST thread last year was a brilliant source of inspiration. 

I've had a little tinker with the "hovertank" myself , mainly to address the top hatch. My main source of info has been the RO visual guide - some great images here. 

My first attempt back in September last year was to make a separate top hatch which folded to the rear which after seeing the film was obviously wrong so this week a quick play resulted in this. 

Imperial hovertankImperial hovertank

I also decided to remove the roof-mounted gun. I'm sure it's a nice play feature, but not screen accurate. 

Imperial hovertank

Imperial hovertank

I also added a 5th fin to the front - screen accurate and makes the tank look a but more substantial. 

The next job is to lengthen the tank by 4-6 studs to allow for 3 cargo crates. This is going to have to wait though as we're in the middle of decorating and all my lego has been sent to the loft!

I look forward to the firat person actually installing tracks as seen here. Here are some reference images for those that don't have the book.