Well, it is great to see a forum dedicated to scale modeling, so its not more then fitting to put my latest work here: A Peterbilt 379 with Polar tanktrailer.

A large (1:13) scale Lego tanker combo had been on my list for a long time. I made a small 1:22 Kenworth cabover with milktrailer in the past, and had plans for a 1:16, but in the end started work on a full 1:13 scaled combo. My 2012 dumper combo was getting old, and I wanted something new to bring to shows as well. 

Now I wouldn’t be myself not to take a new build a bit further again, and this one should be extremely detailed, coloful, and fitted with lights. Once more I hooked up with my good friend Rob from Brickstuff.com, and this time we didn’t make compromises. We even added a custom controller/effect board, powered by a USB Varta 10400 mAh powerpack that is located in the sleeper! There are lights everywhere including over 60 driving / contour lights, but as a special feature the underside of the chassis of both tractor and trailer are equiped with over 180  RGB LEDs to simulate the glow effect seen on showtrucks. This really gives amazing effects. A custom remote control is split into two channels that control the contour lights and the underside seperatly. Effects include color changing and strobes.

It took me 5 months to build this truck and some 9000 bricks went into this, including electro-plated chromed bricks by Bricks4all.nl. My buddy Jaap Kroon (Jaap Technic) printed the stickers for me, a job well done!

33605056416_a4f5105d26_b.jpg

33605055936_f3c390c41d_b.jpg

33605055306_427ba71a23_b.jpg

33605054406_8a4567feca_b.jpg

And a shot in the dark:

33261774330_efbe388db6_b.jpg

A video is on my flickr stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bricksonwheels/

Absolutely incredible! And awesome pictures. Great model to kick off this forum :thumbup: 

Stunning work again my friend.

I love the attention for all the details and with all the bling and lights you can't miss it.:thumbup: 

Great job with the lighting, I like all of the chrome pieces used for the details on the engine. It must have been a fun challenge to make the stickers line up correctly on the tanker.

Yeah!!! What can I say... nothing else than.... perfect!!!! Astonishing realisation. Compliments ...

A truly gorgeous model! The detailing on the engine is to die for, and I had a bit of a double take to try and figure out what large part you used to construct the tanker, that's when it hit me that it is assembled from slopes. The only detail that I see is missing is the air hoses from the truck to the trailer.

-John 

Thnx all!

14 hours ago, John Daniels said:

A truly gorgeous model! The detailing on the engine is to die for, and I had a bit of a double take to try and figure out what large part you used to construct the tanker, that's when it hit me that it is assembled from slopes. The only detail that I see is missing is the air hoses from the truck to the trailer.

-John 

Actually these were not mounted due to the photoshoot. When the lights are on the trailer is connected to the tractor by electric wires that took the place of the regular hoses. It can be partly seen from the last picture above.

This is the coolest, most realistic model I have seen in a long time. Fantastic job! Not a stud in sight :D

I like the fact that you are using old school Lego Technic tyres. It is just the finishing touch for me ...

Wow!  This is a fantastic model, spot on work with the curves, lovely chrome detailing, and those lights! :thumbup:  Great work!

That's just beautiful. At a quick glance the coloring of the trailer makes it appear as if it's chrome as well.

The only suggestion that I would make is to consider jumps of less than half a stud on the sides of the bonnet. However. This might eat up precious space for the engine if you choose to do make a complicated structure for this.

3 hours ago, Lasse D said:

That's just beautiful. At a quick glance the coloring of the trailer makes it appear as if it's chrome as well.

The only suggestion that I would make is to consider jumps of less than half a stud on the sides of the bonnet. However. This might eat up precious space for the engine if you choose to do make a complicated structure for this.

Thnx Lasse,

And yes, the space inside the bonnet is now already taken, so this was exactly the reason to keep it like this.

That is also what I expected. Plus. Using SNOT there would weaken the construction, which might not be fun at exhibitions.

I also like the attention to details that few might think about. That chain link for the hood must have been a nightmare to make in chrome!

This is one stunning model.

Love the lighting on it and all those chromed pieces.

Just seen this and I agree with Dafgek81...this is stunning!!..utterly stunning!!!