Jim

Scale Modeling General Discussion

hi guys I have an idea ( for admin ?) to streamline this forum, make a general topic new entry of moc or WIP

In this topic everyone can post a title 1 picture and bellow the link to your made topic ( only 1 time per build ).

I think it is easier for people who want to follow us, they only have to follow this topic and everyone have a better chance to be seen Because of this?

This is only a suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Bricker Bricker 72

When a topic is updated it jumps on the top of the forum. Why a second notice that something is new?

Is there a way to stay informed of the Technic and the Scale Modeling sub forum at the same time? I have found the daily digest mail not to be very reliable ...

Personally I think it is a shame to split the Technic forum into two fora. The distinction between Technic models and scale models will often be arbitrary in my opinion and there is a risk of diluting the discussions. On the positive side, logically there will be less activity in this sub forum and the great contributions will be better visible ...

Just my two cents ...

You can Follow this forum, but using the Follow button in the top right. You will be notified when new topics are posted.

After some initial discussion, we have defined a pretty clear description of what Scale Modeling entails. 

There was always a discussion about these models belonging in Technic or in Special Themes. Well, with this forum we solved that problem :excited:

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

You can Follow this forum, but using the Follow button in the top right. You will be notified when new topics are posted.

Thanks! I will follow the posts here with much interest. I have always found the scale model posts the icing on the cake of the Technic forum, but let's see how it works out ...

12 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Thanks! I will follow the posts here with much interest. I have always found the scale model posts the icing on the cake of the Technic forum, but let's see how it works out ...

Cool!

For most people the Technic forum is the only forum they visit. We simply need to get used to the fact of visiting more (sub)forums :sweet: :thumbup:

Okay, I've read up on this topic and I think I got the idea of what belongs in this forum right... but just to be on the safe side before I post, would an architectural model such as the LEGO skyline sets - which aren't as far as I know built to a specific scale (at least, mine isn't!), but are obviously models of real-world-buildings - fit in this forum?

15 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Are the WIP topics allowed here? :)

Only if you show blueprints next to your build! :tongue:

Just kidding, sure, WIPs are very much welcome!

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Only if you show blueprints next to your build! :tongue:

Be careful what you wish for :>

912szer.png

I am using blueprints heavilly since last few months :P

Edited by Milan
Removed big images

1 hour ago, efferman said:

A lxf work in progress seems not to be allowed

Why not?

Monday i have asked for moving my liebherr topic into the scale forum. And it is not done yet. So i think a ldd progress is not enough to move.

2 hours ago, M_longer said:

Be careful what you wish for :>

I am using blueprints heavilly since last few months :P

Hehe, my wips are looking the exact same as this! Keep up!

29 minutes ago, efferman said:

Monday i have asked for moving my liebherr topic into the scale forum. And it is not done yet. So i think a ldd progress is not enough to move.

Missed it! Ldd is okay! And your Liebherr is fitting to this forum. I will move it now.

3 hours ago, M_longer said:

Edited 43 minutes ago by Milan
Removed big images

Rrrright, wrong links.

800x385.jpg

800x164.jpg

On 4/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, Kai NRG said:

Okay, I've read up on this topic and I think I got the idea of what belongs in this forum right... but just to be on the safe side before I post, would an architectural model such as the LEGO skyline sets - which aren't as far as I know built to a specific scale (at least, mine isn't!), but are obviously models of real-world-buildings - fit in this forum?

Wondering if my question got missed? :classic:

On 4/18/2017 at 10:46 PM, Kai NRG said:

would an architectural model such as the LEGO skyline sets - which aren't as far as I know built to a specific scale (at least, mine isn't!), but are obviously models of real-world-buildings - fit in this forum?

Buildings are ok.

They need to be actual scale model of real building. Specific scale is not important. You can chose the scale you like.

4 hours ago, Milan said:

Buildings are ok.

They need to be actual scale model of real building. Specific scale is not important. You can chose the scale you like.

Ah... okay.  I think I understand that, but I want to be extra sure. :grin:  So, of course, if I replicate a building, I'm replicating it to some scale or another... but I may have no clue as to what that scale is.  And I may not be super accurate in getting multiple buildings on one baseplate all to the exact same scale.  Is that okay, or am I just overthinking this?  

Thanks!

The Proportions should fit. so the construction site toilet should not bigger than the House which is to build on the construction site

May I suggest to include a non-vehicle related MOC in the header picture, e.g. the Palace of Westminster? To emphasise that it's not just about Technic-like models (in the sense of typical Technic themes, such as trucks, machinery, etc.), and maybe let other scale modellers feel more welcome also...

Just now, Ludo Visser said:

May I suggest to include a non-vehicle related MOC in the header picture, e.g. the Palace of Westminster? To emphasise that it's not just about Technic-like models (in the sense of typical Technic themes, such as trucks, machinery, etc.), and maybe let other scale modellers feel more welcome also...

That's a splendid idea!