Sign in to follow this  
dathil

The Siege of Falconstone (Prelude)

First of all: im pretty angry cause I just wrote this entire story, posted it and somehow the topic wasnt created .

Please look at my flickr for more pics, couldnt include them all without having a huge post ^^

Falconstone Siege

Davok: "Finally we saw the walls of Falconstone loom on the horizon. We had gotten two more compagnons, two magicians. I didnt trust them, not for even the slightest bit. One of them was an Algus, so then already you should think whats wrong. The second was some wolf-like creature, or maybe raven-like, but unlike something I have ever seen before. Everything black, sharp teeth, yellow eyes. Not the sort of stuff you wanna deal with. He was identified as our questgiver, and had some name I forgot. Its some synonym of Havoc, I dunno exactly."

Falconstone siege

"As soon as we arrived, we went to set up our camp, and we started tunneling as soon as possible, out of sight from the wall, for the vision was blocked by our palissade. The black magician had decreed that we would tunnel to some secret room beneath the main tower, for our target would be there. He would take care of the target after we tunneled, and he and his fellow mage would help our main force to fake the siege and repel sorties."

Falconstone siege

Falconstone siege

"Well, those sorties came sooner than expected. From the west Falco's ever-annoying cavalry came charging in, while from the east the Falcon Infantry was approaching. We struggled quite a lot while getting shot upon by fire arrows and bolts. Those arrows set one of our shields aflame, i wish we had made more of them to protect our archers... Luckily my men were capable and we could quite repel the attack, but everywhere were signs of dead bulls and...."

Falconstone siege

"Come to your point, please", responded the Mitgardian commander

"Well, this mage blew apart Falco 'n his men, I swear. But then we heard news from Tauro, who was dealing with the infantry. Some of the men were wearing King's crest on their armor. It appeared that they were King's guard. So, as one and one is two right, the King was here, and he was our target then, but we didnt know he was here. So we didnt know, you got me?"

Falconstone siege

"We heard word of our tunnelers that the mage should get ready to enter the room. From then, it was only shouting, a flash of light, and then our man came back and said everything was collapsing right there. The king was dead, the mage disappeared, and we saw almost no one get out of the mess. So we went home, as soon as we could, with whatever forces we had left.

Falconstone siege

Edited by dathil

The wall is pretty cool, and the chaos of figs underneath it gives the impression of a great battle! Good job :thumbup: 

Nice walls and ground there. Like Titus, I really like the minifigs that make it look like a battle. 

You have some great details there in the castle! I like the ball-joint receivers as a detail on the crenelations in particular. All of the figs swarming around everywhere adds to the chaotic feel of the battle quite nicely, too, though of course it is difficult to tell exactly what is going on (which seems appropriate for a battle anyways). It is interesting seeing a young Raavage, too. Nicely done!

Great to see your siege build completed! Lots of great detailing everywhere, with the mantlet, temporary palisade protecting the tunnel, and great battle posing.  The fortress is lovely, with some very unique designs :thumbup:

Impressive tree in the back as well, keep up the good work!

Excellent siege scene, dathil :thumbup: The minifig action is superb, and I like the various realistic details you have, like the guy pouring boiling liquid over the walls.
Fabulous siege works and tunnel as well!