Captain Braunsfeld

[Freebuild Mitgardia] Visiting Cuboid Castle

The Cuboid Castle that Samuel Marron has visited is probably worth a few additional pictures

33865285256_0c972540c6_c.jpg

It was probably not my best idea to shoot a grey castle against a grey background... :cry_sad:

33749700822_d162554b08_c.jpg

This is where Samuel Marron goes to seek for further support in the battle agains Ravaage.

33062821344_d7babbed9a_c.jpg

33521129150_63a38aa8d1_z.jpg

33521128670_02fe0b57bf_z.jpg

Inspired by La Sagrada Familia I had build two differently coloured glass windows.

33865280616_7ebac6f429_z.jpg

33749662162_bd825d5538_z.jpg

one blueish - one reddish

33749663892_74355ebc50_z.jpg

C&C Welcome, pictures to be found on my flickr album.

Very nice castle, Captain B, love the light streaming through the window on the last pic, and the outside of the castle is quite impressive as well!  The gatehouse is excellent, and for some reason those arrow slits and the corners of the towers are really drawing my eye! :thumbup:  Keep it up, mate! :wink:

Really cool castle man, I'm glad we got some extra images to look at! :thumbup: It has some classic feeling to it, which I can greatly appreciate!

A very good castle ! It has a real classical feeling !

I like the gatehouse particularly ! The colour windows are a great addition too. You did an excellent job !

Thanks for the extra views! This is great. As I said the first time, I like the legs for arrow slits. Other details like stained glass and brick-built curtains are also lovely. An impressive creation to be sure. 

On 8.4.2017 at 3:09 PM, Garmadon said:

Very nice castle, Captain B, love the light streaming through the window on the last pic, and the outside of the castle is quite impressive as well!  The gatehouse is excellent, and for some reason those arrow slits and the corners of the towers are really drawing my eye! :thumbup:  Keep it up, mate! :wink:

Thanks. That means I will have to keep that castle...

On 9.4.2017 at 11:37 AM, TitusV said:

Really cool castle man, I'm glad we got some extra images to look at! :thumbup: It has some classic feeling to it, which I can greatly appreciate!

:sweet:

On 9.4.2017 at 1:42 PM, Faladrin said:

A very good castle ! It has a real classical feeling !

I like the gatehouse particularly ! The colour windows are a great addition too. You did an excellent job !

It seems like the gatehouse has turned out well :grin:

On 10.4.2017 at 5:26 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Thanks for the extra views! This is great. As I said the first time, I like the legs for arrow slits. Other details like stained glass and brick-built curtains are also lovely. An impressive creation to be sure. 

Thank you very much!

The gatehouse certainly did turn out well! I like the drawbridge/portcullis set up, and the landscape works well to make a dry moat :thumbup: Very pretty windows, both those with stained glass and without.
Always great seeing interiors too, I like the curtains you have in there :classic:

On 18.4.2017 at 1:41 PM, soccerkid6 said:

The gatehouse certainly did turn out well! I like the drawbridge/portcullis set up, and the landscape works well to make a dry moat :thumbup: Very pretty windows, both those with stained glass and without.
Always great seeing interiors too, I like the curtains you have in there :classic:

Thanks for this positive feedback.   And for noticing the curtains :sweet:

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Really excellent castle! The rounded edges of the gatehouse towers work very well in this build, as do the windows made of legs. The landscaping has an appropriate desert feel to it, I particularly like the brickbuilt cactus.
Always nice to see interiors too, and yours looks lovely in that last picture with the light streaming through the window :wub:

High praise, thanks :blush:

You seem to like the MOC for the same reasons as me :sweet:

AndHigh praise, thanks :blush:

Still I had hoped that this castle would bring me on the brothers brick site...

Sadly they don't seem to like my creations :cry_sad:

On 5/5/2017 at 2:06 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

AndHigh praise, thanks :blush:

Still I had hoped that this castle would bring me on the brothers brick site...

Sadly they don't seem to like my creations :cry_sad:

Speaking from personal experience, you tend to get blogged when you least expect it, and often with builds you don't consider your best.
It usually takes quite a long time before being blogged too, though once you are, it tends to happen more often.

Basically, have fun building and the bloggings will likely come eventually :classic:

I've never been a huge fan of square towered castles, but this looks really good.  I think the mini out front makes me think of reniassance castles, which really lend to the leg arrow loops/windows.  The wood/stone structure on the breteches and other windows looks great, too.  Nice work!

16 hours ago, Grover said:

I've never been a huge fan of square towered castles, but this looks really good.  I think the mini out front makes me think of reniassance castles, which really lend to the leg arrow loops/windows.  The wood/stone structure on the breteches and other windows looks great, too.  Nice work!

Thanks that you like my strange desert castle :sweet: