DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

13 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

@Thorsten50 as long as it's not interfering with anything else definitely, good idea! 

I agree with @Thorsten50 it should be tested to be sure it works properly.  It would be very unfortunate if the clutch gear does not have enough friction to overcome the transmission after the entire car is built!

5 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

Even test whether it works

I can try it out tonight, I'll rebuild the gearbox and try it out. Unless you meant you tried it out already and it works? 

@Thorsten50 I just rebuild the gearbox to this point and I remember now I tried this option when I was building and unfortunately it doesn't work as the 24t clutch rubs ever so slightly. 

34 minutes ago, Thorsten50 said:

OK. Then I leave it like it is

No problem, sorry it didn't work out. Good thought though! 

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

@DugaldIC 441 images remain

Fastest Framework build yet! Great progress Thorsten, I hope my instructions are ok to follow 

Just now, Kalps1811 said:

Not sure if this is correct but this motor is meant to be a servo not a L motor

@Thorsten50 is that just a place holder for the servo?

27 minutes ago, Thorsten50 said:

@DugaldICNo it was the wrong number. 99499 instead of 99498

No problem,  this is looking awesome!

amazing for sure!! I am building this with the photo shoot but should I wait for the instructions from THORSTEN50? There may be some changes that might not be in the photo-shoot.   What do you think?

Edited by AFOLegofan66

19 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

amazing for sure!! I am building this with the photo shoot but should I wait for the instructions from THORSTEN50? There may be some changes that might not be in the photo-shoot.   What do you think?

There shouldn't be too many changes, as far as I know the only difference is two 5L axles with stops in the gearbox as shown earlier. Other than that it will just  be little things like axles instead of pins here and there to make for an easier build! But really it's up to you :wink:. How far have you gotten so far? 

55 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

about a 100 photo's in....a lot more to go!!!

Awesome! Like I said any questions and I'll be happy to help. You definitely have a ways to go.... 1100 photos If I'm not mistaken ;). 

Edited by DugaldIC

41 minutes ago, Thorsten50 said:

After 1130 Photos

Incredible! Looking awesome, I can't believe you've gotten this far already!

41 minutes ago, Polo-Freak said:

i build this Aston to in ldd for the Partlist...

Wow looking great! A parts list will be being done by Thorsten once he's done with the instructions. However I guess you couldn't wait? :thumbup: it's looking great. Thanks 

Wow, I have to admit that you guys are much faster than I anticipated :)

Are there any notable rare parts besides the headlights (I already ordered those) that I should start buying? I am really looking forward to building this car.

2 minutes ago, filuS said:

Wow, I have to admit that you guys are much faster than I anticipated :)

Are there any notable rare parts besides the headlights (I already ordered those) that I should start buying? I am really looking forward to building this car.

I would stock up on orange connectors, #6 #5 #4, there's two 19L black flex axles, a 5th wheel arch (unless you want to use the porches stamped ones) a lot of just common pieces / connectors in black and half beams. @technic_addict might be able to add some to that list.