DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

the trans clear Canopy (headlights) are very rare (one set) Batman Cave, rest is simple...

Edited by Polo-Freak

27 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

I would stock up on orange connectors, #6 #5 #4, there's two 19L black flex axles, a 5th wheel arch (unless you want to use the porches stamped ones) a lot of just common pieces / connectors in black and half beams. @technic_addict might be able to add some to that list. 

I think you pretty much covered it although we won't know for sure until there is a parts list or some one really studies the tear down in detail.  Judging from @Thorsten50 progress, we are not to far off from it being posted on rebrickable.

The wheel arch isn't rare in my mind because it can be bought from bricks and pieces.

Very-very interesting project! What a fascinating teamwork! Very huge reason to disassemble my Porsche and build this racing Aston Martin.

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

Very-very interesting project! What a fascinating teamwork! Very huge reason to disassemble my Porsche and build this racing Aston Martin.

Thanks, the Porsche set will definitely get you started for pieces. I'm very curious how much percentage wise, I'm sure we'll know soon enough! 

@Polo-Freak you're making good progress, I look forward to the finished product. I take it there are no Porsche rims in LDD? 

On 2017. 6. 5. at 4:15 AM, Thorsten50 said:

After 1130 Photos

Aston%20Martin%20Vantage%20GT3-1.png

Which program do you use, Thorsten50?

44 minutes ago, Polo-Freak said:

Yes,  no 42056 rims & tires in ldd and no pneumatic cylinders :-/

I advise you, in this case, to look though this thread (Sorry if you already know about it): 

I know that the pneumatic cylinders are represented in here, I don't think the porsche rims/tires are though.
(The car's looking very good, by the way!)

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

@DugaldIC How long are the pneumatic Hose's and the extension wire's.

For the pneumatics I'm not too sure! I'd have to check later, for the headlights there's a long and a medium extension and for the servo a long extension. 

@Thorsten50

2017-06-07_03-09-152017-06-07_03-09-032017-06-07_03-08-522017-06-07_03-08-392017-06-07_03-08-282017-06-07_03-08-03

First pic: 3- 11 longs

Second: 4- 26 longs

Third: 1- 15long

Fourth : 1- 24 long 

Fifth: 1- 18 long, 1- 3 long, 1- 19 long

Sixth: 1- 9 long, 1- 3 long, 1- 17 long 

Is that enough info Thorsten? 

@DugaldIC No. Compile the PN completely and write the length to the image. This is easier (in millimeters).

1mm = 2.5 in MLcad

1 Lego stud = 8mm = 20 MLCAD

Electronic

Servo = Extantion long `= BuWizz

Ligts Front = Extantion long = BuWizz

Lights Back = Extantion short = BuWizz

Edited by Thorsten50

@Thorsten50 I'm at work so I won't be able to go over it until this evening. Although I've figured it out from the pictures. So for pneumatic hose there is:

3 pneumatic hoses at 11 studs in length or 88mm (3@88mm)(3@220MLCAD)

5 pneumatic hoses at 26 studs in length or 208mm (5@208mm)(5@520MLCAD)

4 pneumatic hoses at 18 studs in length or 144mm (4@144mm)(4@360MLCAD) 

2 pneumatic hoses at 3 studs in length or 24mm (2@24mm)(2@60MLCAD)

1 pneumatic hose at 7 studs in length or 56mm (1@56mm)(1@140 MLCAD) 

These are simplified numbers that will all work where they're supposed too. I'll take a picture of them tonight and add lengths to them. Hopefully this will help in the meantime! As for the extensions, the only difference is i would recommend a medium extension off the buwizz, rear lights and long extension connected to the medium extension and the the long extension to the front with the lights off that. I'll take a picture for you later as well of where all the extensions and motors sit off the buwizz. Thanks Thorsten! 

Edited by DugaldIC

1 hour ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Hi there I am coming along with the photo build and have posted some photo's on Bricksafe...it is really an amazing build!! You guy's really worked hard on this one!!

http://bricksafe.com/pages/AFOLegofan66/latest-mocs-for-june-2017

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. It's looking very good indeed! Just out of curiosity do you have any feedback? Where the teardown photos clear and easy to follow, have the functions worked out as intended?  I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far :thumbup:

I'll give you a quick rundown. Almost all the pictures were very good..a few out of focus and poorly lit..but for some you need to be an experienced builder to figure what comes next. I'm about 750 pages in and so far so good. It was easy to figure the lengths of the pneumatic hoses but will be handy in the pdf file that Thorsten50 is making. I'm hoping I have enough orange parts otherwise the Porsche comes apart!!

@Thorsten50 

2017-06-08_09-05-29

Is this alright? 

6 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I'll give you a quick rundown. Almost all the pictures were very good..a few out of focus and poorly lit..but for some you need to be an experienced builder to figure what comes next. I'm about 750 pages in and so far so good. It was easy to figure the lengths of the pneumatic hoses but will be handy in the pdf file that Thorsten50 is making. I'm hoping I have enough orange parts otherwise the Porsche comes apart!!

You've definitely been making good progress considering there's no parts list or proper instructions yet. I'm sure @Lox Lego will be glad to know his photo teardown pictures are for a better lack of a word, ledgible :laugh:! This is the first car of mine that anyone's built so it's good to hear feedback for reference in future builds. Had I known so many people would be interested in building I would've been a little more conscious of the few rare parts items I used. 

Edited by DugaldIC

Just now, Thorsten50 said:

@DugaldIC Completely assemble

Amazing! I thought for sure this time it would take you longer due to complexity. You've made amazing time :thumbup: I can't wait to see the final renders 

@DugaldICBuild the Pneumatik-Hose's Sytem complete together, Mace a Picture and write on the pic. how long the Hoses are.

Edited by Thorsten50

33 minutes ago, Thorsten50 said:

@DugaldICBuild the Pneumatik-Hose's Sytem complete together, Mace a Picture and write on the pic. how long the Hoses are.

Oh shoot sorry, I'll get right on that. Should I do the wiring up as well? 

@Thorsten50 

2017-06-08_10-27-02

2017-06-08_10-41-372017-06-08_10-42-14

2017-06-08_10-42-53

Hopefully this answers all your questions for the wiring and pneumatics. I'll be camping this weekend so I won't be able to help much further till I'm back on Sunday. Let me know! 

Edited by DugaldIC