DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

4 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Thanks, I'm actually very surprised you're the first person to catch onto that. I prefer the hood opening forward though like on the One 77 and was part of my decision to have to flip forwards instead! I don't have a list per say but I do have a mental note of vehicles I love and would like to build at somepoint, I'm thinking of doing a Nissan skyline R32 or R34 gtr in HOG as my first ever manual model next... Possibly!

It would be more difficult to build, because top part of the famous Aston's grill is the part of the hood.

If I could suggest next models - maybe a BMW M3? Or Maserati Quattroporte?

Have you thought about making front axles more realistic? I mean caster, ackermann and kingpin for example?

6 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

I'm thinking of doing a Nissan skyline R32 or R34 gtr in HOG as my first ever manual model next... Possibly! 

Skyline R34 GTR. Sounds like a great plan

What an amazing build, really brilliant design, definitely deserved HOF. 

It's really nice that you consider sharing the design, I look forward to check that chassis! 

3 minutes ago, Minique85 said:

It's really nice that you consider sharing the design, I look forward to check that chassis! 

I on the other hand am not looking forward to creating the photo sequence. :laugh:

That frame is so loaded with cables and pneumatic hoses... 

I have night mares thinking about it!

13 hours ago, Qukie said:

Your Aston looks brilliant :classic:  dare I say even better than the Porsche 

Thanks, I personally prefer it to the Porsche as there's no awkward gape everywhere :laugh:

10 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

It would be more difficult to build, because top part of the famous Aston's grill is the part of the hood.

If I could suggest next models - maybe a BMW M3? Or Maserati Quattroporte?

Have you thought about making front axles more realistic? I mean caster, ackermann and kingpin for example?

That as well, it definitely would've been hard breaking up that iconic grill! I've never thought of either of those, I guess I've never really thought of them but they definitely have their own unique features that would add to a build! Maybe someday.  I've thought about it for sure, I probably will on future builds, what I did on this car isn't too fat off from what race Astons have besides the lack of Ackerman steering and use of torsionbar to get away with one spring per wheel. I always enjoy working out those kinds of things so depending on the build I'll definitely try to add in according suspension! 

8 hours ago, Kalps1811 said:

Skyline R34 GTR. Sounds like a great plan

I was thinking the same thing, I prefer them to R32s! 

6 hours ago, Minique85 said:

Thanks, if you do plan on building it I'd love to hear what you think! 

6 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

I on the other hand am not looking forward to creating the photo sequence. :laugh:

That frame is so loaded with cables and pneumatic hoses... 

I have night mares thinking about it!

Me neither lox, it's going to be a nightmare but we got this :wink:

On 13.5.2017 at 2:20 PM, DugaldIC said:

Incredible, thanks Thorsten! I'll keep you posted with the teardown progress, you rock!

Ok. I'am waiting :classic:

Edited by Thorsten50

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

Ok. I'am waiting :classic:

Just to give you a heads up, it will probably be two weeks away at least before teardown photos can begin! I have to get some footage first and both Lox and I being away this weekend we won't have time to film, so once we get some footage we can start the teardown ;) thanks in advance! 

6 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

Why me? :grin:

@Aventador2004 way correct! Any ideas VK? 

15 minutes ago, evortigosa said:

Awesome is just I have to say!

Thanks! 

This is one good looking car, I really like this one!

I am looking for a model that could fill last spot on my "DTM" shelf and this one seem to be the right fit thematically. And on top of that it's orange, which is a great addition in color diversity :-) I will be eagerly waiting for instructions ;-)

@DugaldIC Do you by any chance have dimensions for this car? I'm trying to figure out how much bigger it is from "regular" 1:10 scaled MOCs.

@filuS the car in studs is 18 tall, 29 wide, and 74 long. Unfortunately I'm not at home this weekend or I would take some actual measurements for you but I hope that helps! I'm glad you like it enough to build it, I look forward to seeing it next to some other dtm cars :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

@filuS the car in studs is 18 tall, 29 wide, and 74 long. Unfortunately I'm not at home this weekend or I would take some actual measurements for you but I hope that helps! I'm glad you like it enough to build it, I look forward to seeing it next to some other dtm cars :thumbup:

This 'other dtm cars' hurts.... A GT3 car is a completly different beast then a dtm car. Take a look at race distances from 1 hour to 24 hours.....

Sorry to go off topic.

To the car: she's beautiful. If I'd have the parts. I would atleast build the chassis if not the entire car :)

3 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

These measures are completely sufficient - it seems that your car is more or less same size as 1:10 DTM cars. It just looks bigger on pictures because of the new Porsche wheels (Porsche is noticeably bigger than other cars). Hopefully there will be instructions in the future - once they are published I will most likely build it. I will surely keep my eye on this thread :)

6 hours ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

This 'other dtm cars' hurts.... A GT3 car is a completly different beast then a dtm car. Take a look at race distances from 1 hour to 24 hours.....

Sorry to go off topic.

To the car: she's beautiful. If I'd have the parts. I would atleast build the chassis if not the entire car :)

Sorry to offend, I didn't mean it like that and wasn't implying it's a dtm. I simply meant it would be cool to see it lined up next to some dtm cars built by others, like the yellow BMW, the Mercedes, and auto builds. This was very much designed and shaped after a GT3.  Well instructions will be coming if you ever get the urge to! 

4 hours ago, filuS said:

These measures are completely sufficient - it seems that your car is more or less same size as 1:10 DTM cars. It just looks bigger on pictures because of the new Porsche wheels (Porsche is noticeably bigger than other cars). Hopefully there will be instructions in the future - once they are published I will most likely build it. I will surely keep my eye on this thread :)

It's probably around 1:8th scale, it's narrower than the Porsche but just as long I believe! Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to film the video edit and complete the photo teardown from there, then Thorsten l has offered to do some LDD file and instructions from there! 

2017-05-21_04-34-07

If anyone else is curious for a Porsche size comparison aswell! (Ps this was taken a while back before all the final touches were done) 

Edited by DugaldIC

Thanks a lot of that photo, it shows that it actually is bigger than the more common 1:10 cars. I will be hoping for instruction to come at some point during summer - already made first order to get my hands on enough orange panels, flex axles, wheels and those front headlights, so I guess I can say I'm already committed :)

I have just logged in for the first time in a while and am pleased that I did because this car looks fantastic.  Great job on the bodywork.  

@filuS I'm glad you'll be building it! I think it's awesome that people world wide will be building something I've designed! And yes it really is quite big! 

@Myers Lego Technic that was taken fairly close to the end, thanks though! 

2 hours ago, Pvdb said:

I have just logged in for the first time in a while and am pleased that I did because this car looks fantastic.  Great job on the bodywork.  

Thanks! I'm glad you like the outcome!  Even though I never commented as I didn't want to revive an old topic,  I must say absolutely love your Koenigsegg build :thumbup: not only is it one of my favourite cars but you nailed the shaping and the details are excellent! (sorry to go off topic on my own thread haha) 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, DugaldIC said:

It's probably around 1:8th scale, it's narrower than the Porsche but just as long I believe! Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to film the video edit and complete the photo teardown from there, then Thorsten l has offered to do some LDD file and instructions from there! 

If anyone else is curious for a Porsche size comparison aswell! (Ps this was taken a while back before all the final touches were done) 

Wow, I never realized how large that actually was. And I agree, it looks way more polished.

It is likely of little interest to you and way too much work, but it would be amazing if there was a RC (as built) and a Manual version.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

It is likely of little interest to you and way too much work, but it would be amazing if there was a RC (as built) and a Manual version.

I never really thought of that however if I ever rebuild it from Thorstens instructions I'm sure I could do a motor delete and make a full manual version. I don't think it's something I would be doing right away though as I already have plans for my next moc. Which will also be my first ever HOG model!