DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

3 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

Whoo! :grin: What do I win? :tongue:

A lego brick to step on?:laugh:

A thing Is you you could've made the spoiler motorized and connect it onto the unoccupied buzzwizz slot.

Edited by Kmuffin

14 hours ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

Well I know the scaler! How do you keep your builds inside the measurements? 

Ah now I understand what you're getting at! For me I use the scaler and to help me keep the scaling and size I make stud lengths in lift arms to make sure everything is correct.  I use them to measure the length  between the wheels, the height of the roof etc. Another part I've found helpful is making interior dimensions slightly smaller than they're supposed to be to help give you more room for connectors that will be holding the bodywork together. 

8 hours ago, miobricks said:

Really cool, I will be following this to see how you build the bodywork and hopefully learn a thing or two :grin: do you plan things out on LDD or do you just build directly on bricks?

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the build so far :)! I've tried Ldd but when I got halfway through my gearbox and realized they didn't have certain pieces I needed I gave up. So unlike most I build directly with Lego which means a lot of trial and error and tearing apart to get at one little piece that needs to be changed. 

8 hours ago, Hay Ewe said:

Actuall it should be AML - Aston Martin Lagonda.

It looks cool, lots of effort there. I can sometimes see how studless enables more mechanisms in a small space it seems, but for me, I have trouble with it. But now I have quite a bit of studdless and different gears and ratios, it might work for me on my current project.

I'm not too sure about the AML part but I figured keeping it simple is better and everyone knows what a racecar is ;). 

I know what you mean about studless, I grew up with lego and a very short supply of it especially the Lego technic side of things. Recently a year and a half ago my brother LoxLego reintroduced me to Lego and I had to relearn all together in studless. But give it a shot and you'll be surprised how naturally it comes to you, there's almost a piece for everything you need and it's not nearly as scary or as difficult as it seems. 

7 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

Whoo! :grin: What do I win? :tongue:

The eternal joy of knowing you were right ;)! 

4 hours ago, Kmuffin said:

A thing Is you you could've made the spoiler motorized and connect it onto the unoccupied buzzwizz slot.

Ahh very observant! I was thinking of it but opted to leave the final slot open for lights (wiring is already run through the chassis for them).   Leaving the rear wing tilt manual. 

5 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Ahh very observant! I was thinking of it but opted to leave the final slot open for lights (wiring is already run through the chassis for them).   Leaving the rear wing tilt manual. 

Oh well I didn't know that. Well I was just asking that because of the unoccupied slot guessing why didn't you motorize it plus I think i spotted the Light wiring

xb0705.png

Might be wrong just wanted to show it. Having 1 or 2 manual functions wouldn't make it a problem.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎09 at 1:29 PM, Kmuffin said:

Might be wrong just wanted to show it. Having 1 or 2 manual functions wouldn't make it a problem.

You were correct, that was the extension cord pre run from the front to back for the headlights. Seeing as I only have one Buwizz I thought it would be fun to have a nice mix of both motorized and manual functions (like the flush mounted doors I came up with :wink:).

For what are you planning to use pneumatics? Only for suspend the whole model?

Engine working is great!

Edited by evortigosa

10 hours ago, evortigosa said:

For what are you planning to use pneumatics? Only for suspend the whole model?

Engine working is great!

Thanks, I've always liked the smaller motors. They're a little more accurate than the actual engines that Lego produces! Correct  the pneumatics are being used as race jacks like most gt cars have and uses a remote pump. 

received_10212953336419036received_10212953557784570

Just a quick update on the bodywork, doors/roof/hood are done(ish) and it's time to start finalizing the rest of the body which is starting to take shape! Ps this is still in very rough stages and a long way from being completed so nothings really permanent just yet. :laugh:

Also I'm sure you'll notice the doors are flush and have quite the unique door hinge set up! I've added a link to the video in my original post! 

Edited by DugaldIC

looks almost like a gtr from my eyes.

2015-nissan-gtr-premium-coupe-angular-fr

On 4/7/2017 at 9:19 PM, DugaldIC said:

Unfortunately no, good guess but not it. However my boss did write one off while racing haha :p 

just noticed that.

panoz-esperante-gtr-1-003.jpg

this car^^?

4 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

LOVE the door area. Fantastic Progress. 

Thanks, that whole door area was way tougher to figure out than I thought but it works awesome! 

3 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Door mechanism is excellent.  Will be interesting to see how this progresses!

Thanks Technic Addict, hopefully it lives up to your cosmetic standards! 

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

looks almost like a gtr from my eyes. 

this car^^?

I do plan on doing a GTR in the future but not this one :laugh:! And not quite that car but something along those lines yes! 

Edited by DugaldIC

31 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

:wub:

+1!

Dug, you should post a photo of your original GTR from the dark ages...

Looking good. I think your steering wheel placement is unrealistic though. It looks like it is in the middle of the door.

49 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

+1! Dug, you should post a photo of your original GTR from the dark ages...

Maybe I should, I might post up a pic later just for the fun of it haha! 

28 minutes ago, Meatman said:

Looking good. I think your steering wheel placement is unrealistic though. It looks like it is in the middle of the door.

The steering wheel is adjustable and over building it's been moved up, down and all over the place. So some WIP progress pics it might look out of place but it does sit properly! 

10 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

Maybe I should, I might post up a pic later just for the fun of it haha! 

The steering wheel is adjustable and over building it's been moved up, down and all over the place. So some WIP progress pics it might look out of place but it does sit properly! 

Oh, I didn't know that it was telescopic. In the video with the door mechanism, It's placement looks too far back and perhaps a bit low when compared too where the door hinge is at.

Edited by Meatman

7 minutes ago, Meatman said:

Oh, I didn't know that it was telescopic. In the video with the door mechanism, It's placement looks too far back and perhaps a bit low when compared too where the door hinge is at.

Yeaa I realized that after I had posted, in that clip the seat isnt all the way back and the steering wheel is sitting as low as it will go. If you watch the frame edit on YouTube (tagged in my first post) you'll see that the seat slides and tilts and the steering wheel moves up and down a fair bit :wink: 

8 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Dug, you should post a photo of your original GTR from the dark ages...

2017-04-20_07-55-30

You mean this bad boy? 

2 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

You mean this bad boy? 

I made a great and strong one a year ago, I will find the pics or rebuild it. On my to do list.

9 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

2017-04-20_07-55-30

You mean this bad boy? 

Yep that's the one! Wow... looks so bland in comparison to the AMRC :laugh:

More updates, the roof line, rear quarters and deck lid are mostly worked out! 

2017-04-23_10-27-462017-04-23_11-51-02

Edited by DugaldIC

This is coming together quite nicely! When it still was a chassis only, I could not have thought it would eveolve to have such great shapes. Very promissing!

wow!!!!!!!! mind blown!!! it is amazingly built, you and your brother's creations are always awsome.

explosion-animated-gif-40.gif

my mind^^

6 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

This is coming together quite nicely! When it still was a chassis only, I could not have thought it would eveolve to have such great shapes. Very promissing!

Thanks Didumos, I was hoping this was the type of shaping up i was going to see with the rugged supercar :laugh:. However I do very much so like the way it turned out! I'm glad you like it so far, I still have a long way before its done. Thanks for all your work with the stepper, I found it useful building the gearbox in this! :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

wow!!!!!!!! mind blown!!! it is amazingly built, you and your brother's creations are always awsome. my mind^^

Haha thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it!