Farnheim

New apparatus for the Fire Department Farnheim (bunch of pics)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

several months have passed since my last posting here. Surely quite a long time. But I was pretty busy in real life. Fortunately I’ve found some time to finish several MOCs for my municipal fire department during the past months. Now I found the time to show you what has left the factory on my desk...

Let’s start with a new MPV. It’s based on the short SUV-version as you can in the second pic and it’s mostly used for the daily routine. Generic build with nothing special. Based on longer 4 x 10 studs classical car chassis.

mzf12.jpg

mzf17.jpg

One of the newer creations is a new truck for the rescue-divers unit. The truck itself features an airconditioned cabin for the divers to change their clothes, loaded fully with rescue and technical equipment – especially for the rescue on (iced up) waterways. The trailer features a speedboat with a rugged aluminum hull.

gw-w01.jpg

gw-w25.jpg

gw-w27.jpg

gw-w34.jpg

I also redid my fire truck for heavy technical assistance on railways. I got the proportions much more right by shorten the lenghts about one stud. I redid the bogie underneath and changed the regular train wheels to these little 1/2 smooth technic bush for a more realistic look. Unfortunately it won’t fit on the lego tracks anymore. Well... but I am okay with it.

rw-s_neu01.jpg

rw-s_neu04.jpg

rw-s_neu12.jpg

rw-s_neu14.jpg

rw-s_neu16.jpg

Surely one of the most specialized apparatus is this telehandler. I had it on schedule for almost years. But didn’t manage how get all the significant details and of course the integrated playability into 4wide. Finally I decided to build the cabin segment in 5wide. Thankfully I a spent evening chatting with some friends on 1000steine I got the right influences concerning the telescope arm. I also created abunch of different tools for the handler: a forklift, a lifting platform, a shovel, a hook, a claw and such.

tlad01.jpg

tlad04.jpg

tlad07.jpg

tlad101.jpg

tlad11.jpg

tlad19.jpg

tlad21.jpg

tlad22.jpg

tlad00.jpg

The lastest creation is special foam unit. I’ve found an old photo on the internet of a fire truck to be on duty at an Esso oil refinery near Cologne, Germany during the first half of the 1980s. That caught my attention. I decided to build my own version of it. Added specials are definitely the two independent moveable turrets, snotted tank-segment with its hose ports.

slf-30-60-601.jpg

slf-30-60-604.jpg

slf-30-60-607.jpg

slf-30-60-609.jpg

I also could finish two new trucks for Farnheim Airport Fire Services. The smaller one is a typically RIV (Rapid Intervention Vehicle) and other one is a massive Crash Tender, which was originally in service at the Stuttgart International Airport from the late 1980s till 2003. Both models feature the use of the actual 4 wide mudguards. In addition the bigger Crash Tender has a tilting cabin with a motor replica and a special, unusual tire-on-tire combination to get the typical monstrous appearance as the original.

flf60881201.jpg

flf60881210.jpg

flf60881213.jpg

flf45-50-501.jpg

flf60881217.jpg

flf45-50-506.jpg

flf45-50-509.jpg

BTW: This year the Farnheim Fire Department is going to celebrate its 30th anniversary. Started as an classical 1/87th scale modelling. The years passed and the hobby rested for almost two decades. Since 2009, when getting in touch with Lego again, I restarted the Farnheim-themed modelling by using bricks instead of glue and paint.

I invite you to visit my (german language only blog) to see more pictures of all these MOCs and the whole story of 30 years of Feuerwehr Farnheim

Hope, you enjoyed the latest overview a bit. Thank you taking a look. I appraciate your critics and comments.

Thanks in advance + Feurio!
Farnheim

Wow. Just, wow. Incredible detailing. I have been following the progression of your fire vehicles on your blog, pretty impressed what one can accomplish in LEGO :thumbup:

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. Well, yes. There is a kind of progression on the vehicles. I wrote an arcticle about it a while ago. Unfortunately in german laguage only. Here's what shows the improvement ober the years most.

gen01.jpg

The eldest MOC. With the typical Classic Town look. Built back in 2009.

gen02.jpg

The facelifted version came up in 2013. It got a much more aerodynamic look, new rims, lightbar and the typical yellow "contour markings".

gen03.jpg

The latest version with improved contour markings, new wheels and a more SUV-ish color scheme.

5jahre05.jpg

The very first turntable from 2009...

5jahre06.jpg

... and its actual version.