Sign in to follow this  
TheLordOfBricks

[MOC] A Short Rest...

Hello! This is my third of 19 posts I will be doing, where I will be building my way through the Hobbit story, one chapter per post, I will do this over the course of the year...

Anyways, about the builds, these are three builds, that I wanted to do, and I felt like they best fit into the Rivendell chapter best, so I decided to build three builds, and put them in one post... :D

So, my first build is on an irregular baseplate, but it is roughly 36 x 52... Also, fun fact, of the colors that are showing minus the figs, there are only three colors total... :D

Here is my main pic:

1491350108m_SPLASH.jpg

Here are some pics of my first build:

14913501091_SPLASH.jpg

14913501092_SPLASH.jpg

14913501093_SPLASH.jpg

14913501104_SPLASH.jpg

14913501451_SPLASH.jpg

14913501452_SPLASH.jpg

The ugly backside:

14913501453_SPLASH.jpg

Here is a pretty similar to the finished product WIP pic of my first build:

14913506871_SPLASH.jpg

So, my second build doesn't really have a baseplate, but it is roughly 39 x 16... Also, fun fact, of the colors that are showing minus the figs, there are only three colors total... :D

Here are some pics of my second build:

14913506351_SPLASH.jpg

14913506352_SPLASH.jpg

14913506363_SPLASH.jpg

14913506364_SPLASH.jpg

14913506365_SPLASH.jpg

Here are some WIP pics of my second build:

14913507571_SPLASH.jpg

14913507572_SPLASH.jpg

And finally, my third build, which also doesn't have a baseplate, and is about 30 bricks wide... Also, only three colors, if you don't include the texturing on the map...

Here are some pics of my third build:

14913505041_SPLASH.jpg

14913505042_SPLASH.jpg

14913505044_SPLASH.jpg

Here are some WIP pics of my third build:

14913507261_SPLASH.jpg

14913507272_SPLASH.jpg

I hope you enjoyed as much as I had fun building them!!!! My favorite is by far the second one, and I experimented with two different colors blended rockwork, all these have three different colors showing... :D

C&C Appreciated!

To God be the glory!

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

Nice rockwork - the second one must have been quite the challenge in getting all the sections to blend together, but you did a great job. 

I was able to recognize all the scenes, so I'd say you did well! As for improvements, perhaps you could pose the figures to better capture the action of the scenes. E.g., have an orc or two chasing the dwarves in the first one, add an elf on horseback for the second one, and have the figures standing around the map for the third moc. 

I look forward to seeing the other chapters!

2 hours ago, The Loreman said:

Nice rockwork - the second one must have been quite the challenge in getting all the sections to blend together, but you did a great job. 

I was able to recognize all the scenes, so I'd say you did well! As for improvements, perhaps you could pose the figures to better capture the action of the scenes. E.g., have an orc or two chasing the dwarves in the first one, add an elf on horseback for the second one, and have the figures standing around the map for the third moc. 

I look forward to seeing the other chapters!

Thanks Loreman!!!! My problems is I didn't take my chance that I had to get the Hobbit/LOTR sets, I only got bag end, so I only have these characters... Thanks for the suggestions though!! Very helpful! :D :D :D

23 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Thanks Loreman!!!! My problems is I didn't take my chance that I had to get the Hobbit/LOTR sets, I only got bag end, so I only have these characters... Thanks for the suggestions though!! Very helpful! :D :D :D

Your welcome! :classic: I feel your pain - all the Tolkien sets came out during my "dark ages", so I missed out on one of my favorite themes. When I returned, I was able to get myself Helm's Deep to somewhat make up for it. It's a pity the theme is gone! Oftentimes I'll make custom figures to represent ones I don't own.