WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71018 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17  

218 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 17?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 17?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Does it matter if I continue work on this traditional LEGO CMFs reviewing project anymore?

• 1 - Yes, it matters and I would like you to continue
    • 2 - Neutral, it does not matter to me
    • 3 - No, I can read it elsewhere

Ugh, I hate you guys! You're already enjoying them while I'll have to wait for a week or two until they are finally distributed in my city...

The LCS in my city opened 2 boxes. No was one was taking the Highway man, Battle Dwarf, Roman Gladiator, Circus Strongman, Yuppie, Elf Maiden and Dance Instructor.

In my experience, the most popular ones are Butterfly Girl, Gourmet Chef, Rocket Boy and Corn Cob Guy.

Did I say no one was taking Highway man? Yes. No one. Unless the people are buying a complete set, all the casual buyers I chat in the store skip the mystery figure.

5 hours ago, makoy said:

Did I say no one was taking Highway man? Yes. No one. Unless the people are buying a complete set, all the casual buyers I chat in the store skip the mystery figure.

Not surprised. I wouldn't want to buy a minifigure that I haven't even seen. Since I've seen it I like it but casual fans probably wouldn't have seen it.

So far i have

From Least fav to most Favourite out of 10.

1/10 1x yuppie,

1/10 1x dance instructor only beats yuppie because of accessory

2/10 1x corn cob prefer the animal ones.

3/10 1x retro spaceman colours are meh

3/10 1x strong man dnt have a circus..other then other cmfs

4/10 1x rocket boy cute but hard to place him anywhere.

5/10 1x vet have a few bunnies already.

5/10 2x hotdog thought i would like it more but feels like he came out of a timewarp.

5/10 1x surf boy board is nice.

6/10 5x elf maiden wish she was in pants. Hair/ear piece is nice got 4 for the shield who know if might come in useful, overall colour scheme not so good. I think a royal blue or even a purple would have been nicer.

7/10 2x butterfly girl, daughter loves the wings.

7/10 2x gourmet chef  love the mixer,hat, overall look and pie.

7/10 2x connoisseur goes well with the wifes parisian restaurant.

7/10 5x Battle Dwarf nice hammer but he doesnt really mesh well with other dwarfs. shield would have been nice instead of axe or two hammers even :D

7/10 5x highway man /shrug tricorn is nice, cape is different, nothing to complain about.

7/10 8x roman gladiator, only feasable army builder minifig makes a decent barbarian archer, also looks good with a double headed axe but my rebels need ranged :D hairpiece bothers me immensely though.

No real stand out minifig for me. Might get around to picking up a few more romans. When its a army builder cmf i like, i try to attain 10,16 or 32 but the hair is really bothering me so might just leave it at 8.

Hi Whitefang,

Can you, please, take a photo of lego dimension Dalek (Doctor Who) with the mixer piece (from Chef minifigure from this series) as his blaster? I want to buy Chef just to improve my Dalek and I wonder if it looks good. :-) Thank you in advance!

I want that yuppie minifig and hot dog waiter minifig. I'm going to have to buy dozens of those little bags at Toys "R" Us.

Has anyone here ever given the S17 Rocket Suit Boy the S17 Retro Space Hero's helmet to wear? That just might work well since that helmet is the same color as the Rocket Suit Boy's Light Bluish Grey CS torso, along with it being a cool Sigfig fusion of Retro Space and Classic Space. :shrug_oh_well: