Thank you all for so many nice comments. They really encourage me to build more, and more and... more modulars :P.

On 3.04.2017 at 2:03 PM, scottwb2010 said:

Really liking this montage of buildings you have created together here Pakita. So much detail and colour. Firstly I like how the side walls can be removed for play-ability. The atrium type roof on the left building is a stand out. Fine detail like the scissors for the tailor and the sewing machine in the taylors shop are great. This 'set' would look great next to the latest 3 official modulars. Do you have any photo's of this next to any of these ie 10246, 10251 (laundromat side) & 10255?

I don't have any photos of my modular next to the official sets, I'm sorry.

2 hours ago, Pakita said:

Thank you all for so many nice comments. They really encourage me to build more, and more and... more modulars :P.

I don't have any photos of my modular next to the official sets, I'm sorry.

Hi Pakita, do you have any future plans for Bootblack Street such as submitting it to Lego Ideas cause i know many of us would vote for it or making the instructions available, cause Im sure many of us would love to get our hands on them to build this great street, such as myself as would like this sitting with the latest official modulars.

looking forward to your future builds.

Edited by scottwb2010

21 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Hi Pakita, do you have any future plans for Bootblack Street such as submitting it to Lego Ideas cause i know many of us would vote for it or making the instructions available, cause Im sure many of us would love to get our hands on them to build this great street, such as myself as would like this sitting with the latest official modulars.

looking forward to your future builds.

First of all, I really thank you for your comment here. It's really, really, really nice to know that some people will vote for Bootblack Street if I submit it to LEGO Ideas. That means a lot to me to know that some people really like my models :).

Anyway, I won't submit it to this contest. I don't think I could win it, because the model consist of too many elements and changing it would change the whole idea of this modular. Even if I really like taking part in different competitions, I just hate changing my models. Maybe it's because I treat creating my models emotionally and I'm really attached to their style etc.

You have to know that for about two months I lead a shop with instructions with my boyfriend, who is also an AFOL and creates modulars too. That of course means that I'm going to sell the instructions to this model. They should be available in April (in one week's time, I think). If you are interested in having Bootblack Street on your shelf, you should check our facebook, where we publish news about incoming models and instructions. You can also find there a link to our Ebay shop. Here's the link to Brickative on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Brickative-909030272534174/?ref=bookmarks

Thank you for looking forward my future builds :P

This is a beautiful modular building. I like how the building is visually separated in smaller units by different colour and texture. The window planters are a locely detail. The interior is spot on - very impressive and inspirational. I'm looking forward to see more buildings from you.

9 hours ago, Pakita said:

First of all, I really thank you for your comment here. It's really, really, really nice to know that some people will vote for Bootblack Street if I submit it to LEGO Ideas. That means a lot to me to know that some people really like my models :).

Anyway, I won't submit it to this contest. I don't think I could win it, because the model consist of too many elements and changing it would change the whole idea of this modular. Even if I really like taking part in different competitions, I just hate changing my models. Maybe it's because I treat creating my models emotionally and I'm really attached to their style etc.

You have to know that for about two months I lead a shop with instructions with my boyfriend, who is also an AFOL and creates modulars too. That of course means that I'm going to sell the instructions to this model. They should be available in April (in one week's time, I think). If you are interested in having Bootblack Street on your shelf, you should check our facebook, where we publish news about incoming models and instructions. You can also find there a link to our Ebay shop. Here's the link to Brickative on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Brickative-909030272534174/?ref=bookmarks

Thank you for looking forward my future builds :P

Good to see that your instructions are to be on sale soon. I keep a llok out from next week.

i totally understand about not submitting it to Lego ideas. I'm sure it would reach the 10k votes, but being a modular and going with current form, may not get selected by the judges and The changes they would maybe make to it.

Beautiful modular! I love the colours and there are so many great details like the signs for the tailor, the rounded roof, the alleyway and the tan part of the building (don't know how that is called in english :wink:). The interior is lovely as well. I especially like the rocking chair and the kitchen area. The minifigures bring the whole street to life.

Great looking buildings!! I really like the variety of architectural designs you've used - especially the curved glass roof structure and the tan "tower" section. As others have said it could definitely hold its own as an official set.

Fantastic stuff and I look forward to seeing more of your work!!

For those who are interested in having Bootblack Street on their shelf: instructions to this model are available here (with the car) http://www.ebay.com/itm/302292147871?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649  or here (without the car) http://www.ebay.com/itm/302292146879?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Hope you'll have a lot of fun with this model ;).

As somebody requested, I'm adding a picture of Bootblack Street next to the Detective's Office. It's not a photo unfortunately, it's just a render, but better this than nothing, right?

T5Ad5g5.jpg

And some additional photos of the car:

5lu2Goz.jpg

BMN2Nv8.jpg

22 hours ago, Pakita said:

For those who are interested in having Bootblack Street on their shelf: instructions to this model are available here (with the car) http://www.ebay.com/itm/302292147871?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649  or here (without the car) http://www.ebay.com/itm/302292146879?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Hope you'll have a lot of fun with this model ;).

As somebody requested, I'm adding a picture of Bootblack Street next to the Detective's Office. It's not a photo unfortunately, it's just a render, but better this than nothing, right?

Thanks for showing a pic of this next to the DO set. Looks perfect together.

Bought the instructions on Friday. ?

21 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Thanks for showing a pic of this next to the DO set. Looks perfect together.

Bought the instructions on Friday. ?

Thanks :). That motivates me to build another 1930's modular.

I just saw this today and it is now on my list to build. I looks great! I will start getting the pieces for this as soon as I finish the "Bikes Shop".

That tower... Just amazing. Speechless. You know when you are also into modulars but then someone else just makes something a billion times better than yours. Healthy envy! I never thought dark red and tan would work so well together. On the right side of the building you just nailed it. The left is not my piece of cake. It's good as well, but just not my style.

Phenomenal modular! Eager for more