This bot has all what it needs. It counters every other bot type and is even looking great! I think you have great chances winning this competition. Good luck!

P.S.: You have my vote!

Chris

6 hours ago, KikoTube said:

This bot has all what it needs. It counters every other bot type and is even looking great! I think you have great chances winning this competition. Good luck!

P.S.: You have my vote!

Chris

that not actually true: being slow and with a really low turning speed it can be outmaneuvered by smaller and faster robot, and yes it has power but also a lot of side where you can go under it and lifting to make the bot loose traction and carry it whenever you want, also wheels are exposed and so spinner like son of amnich (that are not grabbable and not affected by the pushing arm) but maybe also the regicide can take out wheels and leave the bot immobile ;)

Overall this bot is really though and this it a really good point but if i have to compare it to the other same-size same toughness competitors it lacks weapon  effectiveness (not wepaonary! ahahah) so really good work but don't expect my "likeliness to win a battle vote" for you (but maybe the other metrics will matter more if votes are split by category? who knows....).

Just like aminnich said. At first I was also not sure about this but after the end the result this by far one of the best bots out in the competition.

21 hours ago, PKW said:

yes it has power but also a lot of side where you can go under it and lifting to make the bot loose traction and carry it whenever you want, also wheels are exposed and so spinner like son of amnich (that are not grabbable and not affected by the pushing arm) but maybe also the regicide can take out wheels and leave the bot immobile ;)

Another bot would have to lift the whole thing off the ground for it to lose traction, that would be quite a challenge considering it's weight and size.

Son of amnich is not ungrabbable, if the round starts and you don't allow it time to get his spinner up to speed it will be very vulnerable to garbing and pushing around since once it's stopped spinning it will be really hard for him to get it's spinner back up to speed.

The wheels are attached using the friction of 3 pins and the gear on it's axle, to get it off you need to pull it straight off with quite some force in the direction of the axle and hold the bot while doing this so that's not very likely to happen. Should it happen anyway it would be still reasonably mobile since it's an all wheel drive design (I tested it with just 3 wheels and I made a video of this too, but I decided not to use it because the entry video was getting waaaaay to long) 

That being said, I do agree with you. This design is very strong and counters a whole lot, but no design is capable of fully counter all possible enemy designs, so to say it counters every other bot type is incorrect.

A friend pointed out I never show "it's guts" and he was not wrong, so allow me to correct this:

maximum%20impact_22_zpsouttgstt.jpg

Wire management was hell, I strongly underestimated how much space this would take up (lesson learned:laugh:), but I managed in the end.

On 14-4-2017 at 3:49 PM, PKW said:

that not actually true: being slow and with a really low turning speed it can be outmaneuvered by smaller and faster robot. Maybe also the regicide can take out wheels and leave the bot immobile ;)

I just got acces to a PC (I'm on the road) and decided to show you guys the footage of me testing it's maneuverability with just 3 wheels, it's (turning) speed and push capability's using the high gears to prove what I claimed earlier:

This thing is insane! With my bot i barely see only one option to attack and that would be to drive on top and start hammering, otherwise... run? spin in circle around you hope you drive in the pit or something? i don't see real options, really well done!

22 hours ago, Marxpek said:

This thing is insane! With my bot i barely see only one option to attack and that would be to drive on top and start hammering, otherwise... run? spin in circle around you hope you drive in the pit or something? i don't see real options, really well done!

If you're running circles around me, wouldn't it be more likely that you would accidentally run into a pit? :tongue:

But seriously: Thank you for that compliment, and everyone els for all the kind words:blush:.

I've been on this forum for a very short time,  but I really like it here! All that creativity and inspiration bouncing of the pages and of course people who understand the struggles of building something like this.
A while back a relative asked how long it took me to build the terraformer (THIS MOC) and when I told him "4 weeks" he said, "no way, it took THAT long?! it's a child's toy!"... I guess most of you know that feeling.

There's truly a LOT of building hours in this MOC and I had to overcome many technical difficulties so I really appreciate it when people realizing that speek kindly of my creation, so THANK YOU!:sweet:

9 hours ago, juGSI16V said:

Your battlebot is very fun, I love it !

have you a detailled picture of the rear system?

Hello, 

Thank you, and yes I have:

maximum%20impact_24_zps1pvhspow.jpg

maximum%20impact_23_zps3chzn9zd.jpg

To have a more insightful look on it's functioning and the mechanism I used you should see the first post of this topic, it contains a video and pictures. The MOC has changed very little technically since then. added were 2 servo's to release the ram and the armor, but the mechanism remained mostly the same:wink:.

If you (or anyone els) have more questions, just let me know.