Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[Brandon Stark: Part 2, Chapter 1] Riding through Albion

33723929726_c3190996db.jpgAlbion House by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Brandon was riding through the streets of Albion with a Green Rider by his side. It had been four months since he last was here, but he remembered the familiar sights and smells of Albion. As he rides through the streets of Albion, Brandon spots the top of the Great Keep of Albion, his residence in the city. He briefly thinks of all the letters sitting on the top of his desk that he must attend to, and all of his duties, including his spy network.

To pass what would be a uneventful ride, Brandon opens up a conversation with the Green Rider, young elven girl, highly beautiful, and no older than 18 years old, named Maelin, who Brandon has developed a liking for. She reminds him of a Green Rider girl Brandon spent much time with during the Revolword War, whose name Brandon has forgotten. "So, Maelin, tell me more about yourself. I'm interested in hearing about the elves of the Enchanted Forest, and yourself."

Maelin smiles. "As I've told you, I'm the youngest daughter of an elven king back in the Enchanted Forest. I received the Green Rider call about two years ago, and my parents, being learned in magic, needed little explanation. I headed out for here, and after some training, became a Green Rider. I finished my training about when the Kaliphlin Civil War was coming to a close, so I wasn't sent to an embassy down there, as they didn't need any more Green Riders."

"I see. The Green Riders are an interesting organization. Almost as ancient as the guild itself, and much older than the Kingdom of Historica. I've spent much time reading about them in the library of Albion. I've also been to Kaliphlin before. Unlike you, I was sent down there during the Kaliphlin Civil War with the main task of keeping the embassies safe, but I ended up helping the High Council myself. But my help was too small to change the course of the war anyways."

Up ahead, Brandon notices the Great Keep of Avalonia, a grand keep that stands out from the rest of Albion. He disembarks and walks his horse the last few feet down the street. Before continuing, he stops to talk to Maelin. "I hear the High Lords are holding a banquet tonight. I'm wondering if you can attend. If finding proper clothing is an issue, don't worry. I have some lady friends of mine who can deal with that."

Maelin smiles and slightly blushes, seemingly pleasantly surprised at being asked by a High Lord to attend a noble banquet. "I don't believe I have any Green Rider duties tonight, and I believe I have an old dress somewhere among my belongings, so I would be glad to attend. I must head back to the Headquarters to unpack and prepare, so I must leave you here. Until then, goodbye Lord Brandon."

Nice build Brandon, but I'd recommend to add a bit more variation to the building, like some greenery or so. Also, the second windows seem a bit too high, or is that just me? :wink: 

On 4/1/2017 at 1:11 AM, TitusV said:

Nice build Brandon, but I'd recommend to add a bit more variation to the building, like some greenery or so. Also, the second windows seem a bit too high, or is that just me? :wink: 

Thanks! The second windows are the same height as the first.

Nice build Brandon, however some variation in tudor work as Titus said would improve this. The texturing on the ground is good amd the story is better :thumbup:

I think it would be nice to have some textured stonework as the entrance level, with the plastered tudor section as the second floor. A dormer window in the roof would also look nice. 

The story is nice, though, and I look forward to seeing a ballroom scene next! 

On 4/3/2017 at 0:14 PM, The Maestro said:

Nice build Brandon, however some variation in tudor work as Titus said would improve this. The texturing on the ground is good amd the story is better :thumbup:

Thanks!

On 4/3/2017 at 0:35 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I think it would be nice to have some textured stonework as the entrance level, with the plastered tudor section as the second floor. A dormer window in the roof would also look nice. 

The story is nice, though, and I look forward to seeing a ballroom scene next! 

Thank you! In fact, you just gave me an idea for my Category C entry.