Garmadon

Fall of the Mardierian Fort on Isla de la Many Names

33375323730_40c10f577c_z.jpg

The invigorating air of the Isla de la Many Names wafted over the small fort overlooking the bay on the protected western side of the island.  Birds flitted through the air, and all together it was a fine morning.  

33759792005_9ddcd5d773_z.jpg

Suddenly a boat full of Eslandola's finnest (the ETWC, of course!) appeared around the spit, doubling into view as the soldiers let out a valiant shout, and leapt into the water and towards the only path leading up the cliffs.  This, smiled the Mardierian officer in charge, would be a golly good battle.

32946863983_7b79e3b340_z.jpg

"Light the fuse and man the cannon, mates!"

Colonel Brickwall Jones was the officer commissioned to lead the beach landing section of Eslandola's attacking force for this ingenious operation.  Not only was he a fine commander, he also was a very enthusiatic one and a rather good actor, so he was the perfect choice for the job.  

33375301330_57995cf981_z.jpg

"Geronimo!!!"  Colonel Brickwall Jones dashed out of the water and up towards the cliffs in front of his men, setting what would appear to be an excellent example.  Unfortunately, however, the good fellow got a little too carried away with his part, and had underestimated the Mardierians' power of aiming...

33759813835_602c662aba_z.jpg

33375180410_64cbeba1cb_z.jpg

KaBLEWIE!!!!

Well, let that be a lesson to you, folks, never get too enthusiastic when it's not really all that necessary... 

32916752864_3b667478f4_z.jpg

...Anyways! -  Shortly before, and on the other side of the cliffs...

32916759034_44879d5575_z.jpg

"There they go, boys, now it's our turn!" exclaimed the officer in command of the other division of the ETWC elite troops, on the other side of the rocks.

33375247260_3c6c62e502_z.jpg

For, you see, our Eslandolan's are nothing if not remarkably inventive and clever.  So while the unfortunate Colonel Brickwall Jones led his distracting force down the obvious and obviously deadly approach to the fortress, the real attacking party had fought their way through the thick undergrowth of the jungle, and come up on the opposite side.  True, there was no path up, but, of course, that wasn't any problem for the ETWC either.

32916856554_cbfd3a48c4_z.jpg

And while the Mardierians were enjoying their prospects of easy victory, that victory was rapidly slipping out of their (slippery) hands.

33630865381_c7817e8abd_z.jpg

The result?  Well, before long the Eslandolan flag was flying gloriously over yet one more of the island's forts!

33719028476_1b67128453_z.jpg

For Eslandola!

And, here's my entry for Category B of the ongoing challenge!  It was a tolerably quick build, but I'm rather happy with how it turned out - jungle builds are just so much fun!  The path
(which extends nearly all the way up, goes off the base, and comes back in on top - unfortunately it was rather difficult to capture in the pictures!) and building such a tiny fort with sloping sides were definitely the hardest parts, but nothing to insuperable :grin:  The turtle may have been my favorite part, though! :laugh:

And there are just a couple of closeups and figless overviews left, so I'll leave them here:

The beach landing party,

33719095476_e47322f5de_z.jpg

And the ex-Colonel Brickwall Jones:

33375277910_42a540002e_z.jpg

Figless:

32916914854_29c3206f9c_z.jpg

32916773194_12d09f1f3d_z.jpg

There you have it!  Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome! 

Wow! You always do such a good job with rockwork (and jungle, too). I love the path Brickwall was heading toward. His demise is ... er ... graphic! A messy death. :pir-oh:

And a good story that reveals the cleverness of the Eslandolans! :thumbup:

Definitely one of my favourites in this category! The rock work looks great and the fort although small seems to blend seamlessly into the cliffs and colourful vegetation. The Mardierian troops can out rather well and are an elegant purest solution, I especially like the figure with the ruffle and bearskin shako. Although it would seem they must have some kind of powerful secret weapon to instantly skelatise poor Colonel Brickwall Jones like that.... :pir_laugh2: I wouldn't want to be an Eslandolan with the name Brickwall right now, they seem to be suffering a disproportionately high casualty rate!

Oh and the turtle is brilliant as well!

Fantastic entry!

A fantastic entry ! 

I really like this little fort on top of this jungly cliffs. That's definitely my favourite entry for this category of the challenge. You nearly reached perfection ! For me you deserve to win !:wub:

Ah ! And yes , the turtle is excellent ! 

Excellent job !

Impressive, that MOC is really quite impressive!

Great rock and jungle, nice fortress, and brilliant water!

Edited by Elostirion

Excellent entry Garmadon, the rockwork and jungle look great and the little fort is kinda cute too! :pir-grin:  Love that turtle also, and some great action shots!  But my favorite part about this is the water - great technique that really looks beautiful here! :thumbup: 

Thanks all! :pir-sweet:

On 4/3/2017 at 0:27 PM, Professor Thaum said:

The built is great and the death spectacular...

On 4/3/2017 at 3:24 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

What a terrible death! 

But Eslandola has won! :thumbup:

On 4/1/2017 at 1:53 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Wow! You always do such a good job with rockwork (and jungle, too). I love the path Brickwall was heading toward. His demise is ... er ... graphic! A messy death. :pir-oh:

And a good story that reveals the cleverness of the Eslandolans! :thumbup:

Thanks guys! :grin:  I wanted to do something a little different from the seemingly typical Brickwall death, so... this is what came of it! :laugh:  @Capt Wolf, Thanks!  Jungle and two-toned rock-work are quite fun (well, particularly the jungle - light grey rocks are not my collection's strong suite and can be somewhat of a pain! :pir-grin:) and I find that they fit very well with pirate-y builds too!  And glad you like the path - that was definitely quite complicated, but also something I really wanted to include! :pir-sweet:

On 4/1/2017 at 8:24 PM, Ayrlego said:

Definitely one of my favourites in this category! The rock work looks great and the fort although small seems to blend seamlessly into the cliffs and colourful vegetation. The Mardierian troops can out rather well and are an elegant purest solution, I especially like the figure with the ruffle and bearskin shako. Although it would seem they must have some kind of powerful secret weapon to instantly skelatise poor Colonel Brickwall Jones like that.... :pir_laugh2: I wouldn't want to be an Eslandolan with the name Brickwall right now, they seem to be suffering a disproportionately high casualty rate!

Oh and the turtle is brilliant as well!

Fantastic entry!

Thanks a lot, Ayrlego!  I think those troops have been used for Eslandolans as well (curiously enough! :pir_laugh2:), but I rather liked how they looked for Mardierian soldiers (plus, the little pirate symbol fits them so well! :tongue: :laugh:).  Hmm, yes, good point about that weapon - but thankfully they got stopped before doing too much damage with it! :grin:

Thank you!  I had the layout pretty much all hammered out in my head, but the turtle was just about the first thing I built, and was one of my favorite details of the whole thing!  Glad you like it!

On 4/2/2017 at 9:09 AM, Faladrin said:

A fantastic entry ! 

I really like this little fort on top of this jungly cliffs. That's definitely my favourite entry for this category of the challenge. You nearly reached perfection ! For me you deserve to win !:wub:

Ah ! And yes , the turtle is excellent ! 

Excellent job !

Thanks a lot Faladrin, really glad you enjoyed it so much! :pir-sweet:  Go Eslandola!

On 4/2/2017 at 6:41 PM, Elostirion said:

Impressive, that MOC is really quite impressive!

Great rock and jungle, nice fortress, and brilliant water!

Thanks, mate! :wink:  That water technique is probably my favorite one I've tried so far (though it is quite parts intensive on the trans-clear 1x2 plates!)  Glad you like it!

On 4/3/2017 at 10:34 AM, Kai NRG said:

Excellent entry Garmadon, the rockwork and jungle look great and the little fort is kinda cute too! :pir-grin:  Love that turtle also, and some great action shots!  But my favorite part about this is the water - great technique that really looks beautiful here! :thumbup: 

:grin: Thanks Kai!  The fort turned out much better than I thought it might half-way through building it (I think the jungle around it is what really helped it out)! :laugh:  Still, remind me not to try doing another one so small with slanted sides for a while!  Thanks!

The cliffs are great! A very inspiring build. I like those minifigs, and there's even a turtle on the beach!:laugh:

Ach... I can't see the house that's your Eslandian military for all the Brickwalls it has... or better: had :laugh:

Splendid entry, Garm - it has it all... and a boat :grin:

I love how you always make it look so easy to build rocks-and-jungle builds - and you also enjoy them! To me they are more like almost insurmountable obstacles - like brickwalls... well, maybe that's not the best analogy given how many of them were actually torn down lately :grin:

On 7/4/2017 at 8:53 PM, Bodi said:

The cliffs are great! A very inspiring build. I like those minifigs, and there's even a turtle on the beach!:laugh:

Thanks, mate! :pir-sweet:

On 9/4/2017 at 8:28 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Ach... I can't see the house that's your Eslandian military for all the Brickwalls it has... or better: had :laugh:

Splendid entry, Garm - it has it all... and a boat :grin:

I love how you always make it look so easy to build rocks-and-jungle builds - and you also enjoy them! To me they are more like almost insurmountable obstacles - like brickwalls... well, maybe that's not the best analogy given how many of them were actually torn down lately :grin:

:pir_laugh2:  Thanks, KB!  Well, after my Cat D build I think that'll be the end of that little boat for a while... or then again, maybe not :laugh: :tongue:  Glad you like it! - and yes, rock and jungle builds are rather fun! :grin:  To tell the truth, they're definitely pretty complicated in one way, but in the other, they're supposed to be pretty random and chaotic, so running out of a particular piece or doing some odd things doesn't really hurt - so you can pretty much do whatever you please! :pir-laugh:  I can't really fathom doing such a thing on a computer program, though (not to mention building anything else! :grin: :laugh:)

Oh, no! How I came to nearly miss that jewel is above me... It must had been due to my dislike of the color green :tongue: Excellent MOC with GREAT landscaping (particularly the sea and the shore) and nice minifig action posing! 

What am I going to say here? The landscaping is awesome, the fortress is... awesome, but then again, your cliffs are a bit... awesome... and your vegetation is... really nice! :pir-grin:

On the other hand, story, water, and posing is really nice... :pir-tongue:

Ok ok... possibly, just possibly, this is my favourite entry of them all for this category. :pir-wink:

On 4/22/2017 at 2:47 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Oh, no! How I came to nearly miss that jewel is above me... It must had been due to my dislike of the color green :tongue: Excellent MOC with GREAT landscaping (particularly the sea and the shore) and nice minifig action posing! 

:laugh: Thanks a lot, blackdeath, really glad you enjoyed it! 

On 5/3/2017 at 4:14 PM, Bregir said:

What am I going to say here? The landscaping is awesome, the fortress is... awesome, but then again, your cliffs are a bit... awesome... and your vegetation is... really nice! :pir-grin:

On the other hand, story, water, and posing is really nice... :pir-tongue:

Ok ok... possibly, just possibly, this is my favourite entry of them all for this category. :pir-wink:

:laugh: :roflmao: Thanks for the hilarious comment Breg, and glad you liked it! :grin: