Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

The Headsman's Hovel

Even a headsman needs a place to sleep, eat and sharpen his axes.

33763777835_31e492c67a_z.jpg

Take my money Brick Link, take it all!! So I finally decided it was time to grab some more greens, including olive, sand and as you can see here dark. The house was challenging to get so small, especially the front, which is split into 3 different parts, non of which are attached to the structure :p I like the tree although I ran out of black robot arms and I think the crows turned out alright. Also I don't know what I was doing with that pumpkin patch, its only there cause I ran out of dk green. So C&C wanted dead or alive and hope you enjoy :D

Edited by The Maestro

Amazing use of pieces. You are shaping up to be one of the best builders here. Can you maybe give me a little explanation of how you do the house, tree, and layering and texturing?

Waw, thisis an amazing MOC man! All these colours work wonderfully (don't apology for the pumpkin patch, it looks great!), and the crazy angles are just... crazy? Gorgeous work man! :thumbup: 

Really nice, Maestro - simple and effective, good choice of colours and I second Titus: the pumpkin patch brings a nice variation. Nice ground texturing as well and overall, the right atmosphere for a headsman. :thumbup:

Beautiful twisted cottage and tree. Lovely textures. I wonder if this headsman will meet the new king?

Nice little scene.  I like the roof and the tree with the vultures is great.  Nice job

Very nice little build, great slope on the house! :thumbup:   Those crows (?) on the tree look really good too!

Edited by Kai NRG

Excellent little build! I love the stonework of the walls and the sharp pitch of the roof. The ground texturing is also splendid, something that you have been greatly improving at. I am curious about your connection points on the crows, though. What makes the insides hold together? Especially the one with the minifig hand for feet; how is that connected? 

Quite a neat model, the little cottage fits together well and is complemented nicely by the landscape colors :thumbup: The black birds really set a forbidding tone to the scene :classic:

On 01/04/2017 at 1:20 PM, Brandon Stark said:

Amazing use of pieces. You are shaping up to be one of the best builders here. Can you maybe give me a little explanation of how you do the house, tree, and layering and texturing?

Thanks Brandon and I still think I have a while to go before I get there. An explanation you say? Well I am never very good at these but the house texturing is really just what you see. I learnt the basics from almost copying other peoples stonework and then added some bits and peices that I liked. The tree is a combo of those black angled technic thingies (very scientific) and black peices that hold together palm tree leaves. Then on top of that lots of droid arms tied together with string. The landscaping is completely random and is a result of beind peice conservative :tongue:. Hope this helps.

On 01/04/2017 at 9:10 PM, TitusV said:

Waw, thisis an amazing MOC man! All these colours work wonderfully (don't apology for the pumpkin patch, it looks great!), and the crazy angles are just... crazy? Gorgeous work man! :thumbup: 

Thanks Titus, glad you like the crazy angles, maybe you could try them out some day :wink:

On 01/04/2017 at 11:29 PM, en_zoo said:

Really nice, Maestro - simple and effective, good choice of colours and I second Titus: the pumpkin patch brings a nice variation. Nice ground texturing as well and overall, the right atmosphere for a headsman. :thumbup:

Thanks alot en_zoo, im glad you think this suits a headman.

On 02/04/2017 at 8:34 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Your investment has proven worthwhile - excellent MOC with great (even a bit peaceful) atmosphere!

Thanks you CB

On 02/04/2017 at 8:43 PM, Muakhah said:

Beautiful twisted cottage and tree. Lovely textures. I wonder if this headsman will meet the new king?

Thanks Muakhah, I don't know, will he?:wink:

On 03/04/2017 at 6:13 AM, zoth33 said:

Nice little scene.  I like the roof and the tree with the vultures is great.  Nice job

Thanks Zoth

On 03/04/2017 at 2:46 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Great little house. I really like the tree, but angle farther from 90 would be nice. :wink:

Thanks Leonardo, unfourtuantly I only have them in 90 angles but I would love to get my hands on some other angles.

On 04/04/2017 at 1:42 AM, Kai NRG said:

Very nice little build, great slope on the house! :thumbup:   Those crows (?) on the tree look really good too!

Thank you Kai, and yes they were meant to be crows but they can be what ever you want.

On 04/04/2017 at 2:53 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Excellent little build! I love the stonework of the walls and the sharp pitch of the roof. The ground texturing is also splendid, something that you have been greatly improving at. I am curious about your connection points on the crows, though. What makes the insides hold together? Especially the one with the minifig hand for feet; how is that connected? 

Thank you Henjin, under the hair peice of the crows there is a 1x1 stud and then a modified 1x1 with a clip. This holds the neck peice. How it sits there? The magic of balancing :laugh: 

On 08/04/2017 at 1:09 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Quite a neat model, the little cottage fits together well and is complemented nicely by the landscape colors :thumbup: The black birds really set a forbidding tone to the scene :classic:

Thank you SK, really glad you liked it.

2 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Thanks Leonardo, unfortunately I only have them in 90 angles but I would love to get my hands on some other angles.

Try BrickLink for the parts. Angled Connector is what you want. Very cheap. :grin:

Excellent build, Maestro! The landscaping colors and pumpkin patch look great, as well as the stonework :thumbup: Neat tree and birds too :classic: