Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Ch V Cat C] The Kraken Meal

The Kraken MEAL !

A build For Eslandola !

Another Mardier vessel has been reported missing in King'sPort when the fleet gathered around terraversa. It was a light war brig named "La Deliciosa".

After some search the Mardieran managed to save very few men from the dark waters.

Their testimony was astonishing... Well, for those of them who could tell he event that sunk their ship.

Here is what the Mardier High Command received (officially, the ship is said lost during an Eslandolan raid) :

"La Deliciosa" was chasing an Eslandolan vessel when the sailors suddenly heard a horn and then saw a coloured hot air ballon fly away of the bridge of their prey.

They thought it was a distress signal of some sort to call another vessel they hadn't saw, so they were preparing for battle...

When, suddenly !

The sea bubbled around the brig. The ship cracked into pieces and finished torn apart while the last men tryed to avoid or fight the monstruous beast which attacked them from beneath the sea ! It was The Kraken ! An enormous tentacled beast and it was sure it had been summoned by the strange signal the Eslandolan ship made...

32948390763_159f4ccfba_c.jpg

There were no escape possible..

.32918169384_e2d450549f_z.jpg

The fight was vain...

32948367673_ef952d6a82_z.jpg

Even the Vaillant Captain was lost...

32918162934_c1a1b90151_z.jpg

Every men finished eaten by the beast... They are Kraken Meal !

33761301285_10a573c867_c.jpg

Well, at the exception of the men rescued by the Mardieran fleet.

It is an annoying news for the Mardieran High Command... Eslandola can control the Kraken ! Is it the end of the war ?

Hope you'll like my challenge entry ! It was challenging for me to build out of my safe zone... As you can see (I hope) It is not really my usual type of build. I hope I succeed to create a more anxious and dramatic mood to my build.

Any comment or criticism is welcome !

Edited by Faladrin

Cool Sin City-ish effect. I think you could maybe take it further replacing more into black/white/grey to make it even more dramatic, with fewer focus points. That is a sweet (cost effective) way to make builds with a good selection of black/white/greys btw. Good way to start a Lego collection if one like to build scenes. :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Cool Sin City-ish effect. I think you could maybe take it further replacing more into black/white/grey to make it even more dramatic, with fewer focus points. That is a sweet (cost effective) way to make builds with a good selection of black/white/greys btw. Good way to start a Lego collection if one like to build scenes. :thumbup:

Thank you. Glad you like this effect. It was quite strange for me to build a grey water sea... But I am happy of the result ! :sweet:

A kraken sowing panic and chaos, the sailors fighting desperately yet bravely, nice build!:thumbup:

I like all the details you made, like the broom.

PS: seems we are using the same baseplate.:laugh:

Nice debris and some dramatic posing there! I was also confused about the gray baseplate but the more I see it, the more it grows on me, as it resembles the somewhat murky waters of north Germany (and other real places as well). Sir Stig view on that (beautiful Sin City cartoonish effect) is also credible and it gave me lots of ideas for future black/gray MOCs with colored minifigs. That's why I love that forum. Lots of incredible ideas, building styles and opinions that rock!

On 6 avril 2017 at 9:11 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great horrible scene, fine wreckage and fine kraken.:thumbup:

I am not so sure about the grey sea, though.

Thank you ! Sure grey waters can be strange at first sight but I really wanted something darker and less colourful than I am usually building.

On 7 avril 2017 at 1:53 AM, Bodi said:

A kraken sowing panic and chaos, the sailors fighting desperately yet bravely, nice build!:thumbup:

I like all the details you made, like the broom.

PS: seems we are using the same baseplate.:laugh:

Thank you ! Glad you like the beast. Ahah ! You noticed the broom ! In fact, I used several brooms to represent some wreckage parts all along this build... 

12 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice debris and some dramatic posing there! I was also confused about the gray baseplate but the more I see it, the more it grows on me, as it resembles the somewhat murky waters of north Germany (and other real places as well). Sir Stig view on that (beautiful Sin City cartoonish effect) is also credible and it gave me lots of ideas for future black/gray MOCs with colored minifigs. That's why I love that forum. Lots of incredible ideas, building styles and opinions that rock!

Thank you ! Glad you like my dramatic approach on this build. Like I already said, the grey sea can be confusing at first but it is really adding to the scene IMO. And you're right, murky waters of the North Sea are grey, not blue. I am happy it gave you ideas to build on the same style ! I will looking forward to your future builds !