Interactive Apocalypse: Part 2.5 - The Deadzone

Hello and welcome back to Interactive Apocalypse *skull*

2224536865_a8f79b2f99.jpg

For those not familiar to this hopefully fun game here is some background:

The Introduction

Part 1 - Safe Season

Part 1.5 - Strangers

Part 2 - Surviving

Last time you made a series of votes Eurobricks, and those votes were the most important decisions yet. You chose to:

Let tea loving, techno brit Reginald Jameson into your team, as though he refuses to fight, he can make you better weapons to fight with.

Go to the Deadzone, the most dangerous place known, in search of weapons, supplies, fuel and a tank.

To let your teammate eat the Runt, before you do.

To train the Weaver as a pet.

Here's whats new since last time:

You have discovered a couple of new creatures:

The Boulder Crabs:

2225525292_7b1caaca30.jpg

These cute critters are safe so long as you stay away. Their claws cut through flesh like a knife through butter. They hollow out solid rock with their pincers, then use it as a heavily defensive shell.

Here they are with no shell.

2225525302_f1c32f1a33.jpg

They exist in various colours, and live almost anywhere. Though not a huge danger, many a survivors leg have been chopped off when walking upon what looked like a normal rock.

Bug:

2224725387_d13531d31a.jpg

A funny little two legged creature that makes a very loving pet. It has a very sharp sense for danger.

Flame Bots:

2224754967_83876552ff.jpg

Defense Bot (damaged):

2225536446_d4424567a4.jpg

These have only appeared recently. The Flame Bots are not part of The Swarm, but still do damage to your base with their insidious flamethrowers. So far they are completely silent weapons, but it seems they may be controlled by a third party. More developments will surely follow.....

Black Dragon:

A ferocious monster from the Deadzone. It is fast and deadly, and lets out a screech that brings pain to your ears.

2225525314_2da4d708af.jpg

2225525318_1f8f3685e6.jpg

Even the feircest Swarm members or Trondosaur are afraid of it, it is the epitome of death.

2225536424_e234c7a01e.jpg

Despite its size, it is a very stealthy predator, making a sound only as it lunges for the kill.

2225536428_57e0d571ff.jpg

Its small arms may appear useless, but actually serve as strong "hooks" to hold large prey in place as it feeds upon them.

2225536438_a553cf2d2f.jpg

The Black Dragon is a fearsome creature, but even worse monsters lie in this world...

And two important characters that may, or may not, appear in this game, depending on your crucial decisions.

Ian Ded (iamded X-D ):

2225557072_a01c13a3e9.jpg

A young, but fearless warrior. Not much is known about him or his whereabouts, but it is known he is a part of a larger group of survivors.

Lord Dragonator (dragonator :-P ):

2225557080_c0a589aff2.jpg

Not much is known of him either, but we do know that he is leader of a powerful, but radical group of survivors.

2225557082_136dc9949a.jpg

In battle Lord Dragonator wears a dragon emblem helmet, as a symbol of his title and name.

Reginald Jameson has also proved himself worthy by immediately making you some new weaponry, here is what he has for you so far:

Grenades:

2224776951_0f1fbe41df.jpg

Reginald made these before the Deadzone trip. The yellow grenades are small blasts, the red grenades are fuel bombs and spread a wide arc of fire. The single blue grenade is compact dynamite, very rare, extremely destructive.

Power Rifle:

2224784751_b496491b7c.jpg

The most powerful weapon you own yet. It has the ability to fire a laser spray every few minutes. Unfortunately, the laser addition makes it very heavy, and must be carried with two hands.

ATV Upgrade:

2224634563_fccabd7408.jpg

Now it has a trailer to hold munitions or cargo. The trailer is also heavily armoured.

It can now only fit barely in the base, but it is worth it. It has a gun rack, backpack holder and bay. A person can also hitch a ride in the trailer.

2224636429_39bc768ffa.jpg

Defense Turret:

The last addition from Reginald was this defense turret. It is very mobile, and rather powerful.

2224784759_9ea67eb44a.jpg

It is fixed onto the front of the base, where the Swarm attacks most. It eats up a lot of ammo, which is why Reginald opted for average ammunition gun, as opposed to a specific clip or shell.

Now, introducing Sammy, your new trained pet:

2224776933_c28ed62bb8.jpg

He has been "modified" to help you, and now can drag supplies and carry a person across large distances.

2224776941_4c4a987ca3.jpg

It took a while, but now he is extremely fond of you and would never harm you. He can sense when you are in trouble, and will attack the source of that trouble.

2224776945_363908d7e7.jpg

He is now heavily armoured, but it is light metal, so he can walk fairly unhindered. He has proved very useful and even helps defeat the Swarm on their attacks. You have taken a liking to him as well.

But now, introducing your worst nightmare, THE DEADZONE! X-O *skull* :

2224500527_630afd92d5.jpg

A very nasty place. The worst place infact. Here is where the Monsters thrives, and other dangers lurk. Only a select few have survived it. This is the very edge of The Deadzone. Believe it or not, but this is tame compared to the rest of it.

2224500531_248017b6da.jpg

A hellish place it is, not good to be here. The groun is littered with many weapons, bodies and junk from previous meals.

2224500535_b85e8762c7.jpg

Flames spurt from gas veins located all over the site, burning with intense heat.

The Deadzone has many almost fully intact military vehicles abandoned in it. Those that survive sometimes manage to upgrade their defense with these.

2224500539_bd8668a2c8.jpg

The arch is the fearsome gateway to inner reaches od the Deadzone, where not a single soul has ventured to the center and lived.

2224500545_6868ac2751.jpg

The red stretch of land turns charcoal black, the red hill is one of the only known entrances to this hellish domain, which, really, is a good thing :-D

2224509219_5fe957bba9.jpg

The now dead and black tree was one of the last vegetation to grow here, now none exists at all.

2224509225_5a63af3d9a.jpg

Flames spiral round the Tank, the geysers are controlled by pressure and hot wind currents, giving them a supernatural arc.

2224509233_3b71ac119a.jpg

The weather beaten but fully operational tank. It was abandoned for an unknown reason, but many believe because a Monster was attacking it.

2224509237_e4e7d864db.jpg

The dead and burnt horses, the last known remains of the beautiful and extinct species.

2224509243_dfa827f802.jpg

A vicious demonic tentacle sucks the last flesh off a recent prey. Another meal was had from one of the last horses. The Jeep was here long before this victim, it is believed the many military vehicles here were abandoned shortly after The Cataclysm which ruined this world.

2224523869_78b262c6a7.jpg

The Defense Bot in the corner, damaged, but fixable. Many "souvenirs" remain from those foolish enough to enter this place.

2224523875_3604ec5c08.jpg

Two more victims, another tentacle grabs some food. The bat is one of the only pre-Cataclysm creatures to live on, however, their food is now fresh blood.

2224523887_b80a0406a7.jpg

A top view showing the bloodbath.

2224536851_5d493aa721.jpg

A normal dayshot of The Deadzone:

2224551243_bbfa05be85.jpg

Now here is the Jeep I built:

2224636435_12ab221081.jpg

2224636443_2fcf9bb7f9.jpg

2224636463_2be7936aaf.jpg

And the Tank you all wanted to see, hopefully I've lived up to your expectations:

2224636469_b958c4544d.jpg

2225445856_66147af8cd.jpg

2225445862_e9f8ff6233.jpg

2225445870_33a77a9d07.jpg

The turret can swivel, and btw, its meant to be that wide, due to heavy armouring.

2225445872_d9c4a39d49.jpg

The two together *wub* :

2225458424_64592466e1.jpg

The Flickr gallery which shows ALL:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22901978@N08/

Wow! That took me a lot of time to type! X-O Sorry for the pic-heavyness! :-D

Hope you all enjoyed, thanks for looking! Comments and Criticism (the nice kind ;-) ) appreciated!

Special thanks go to my NZ buddies dragonator and iamded for letting me use them in this, Hinckley for the permmsion to do Interactive Apocalypse, and Stauder for showing me some cool tips and techniques for building tanks :'-)

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

Edited by Batbrick

Wow X-O

Cool new creatures (the dragon seems a bit like a sea creature, with that flat dolphinish tail :-P ) and settings *y*

I *wub* the new jeep, and the way you became friend with Sammy!

I'll finish saying the rock crabs are what I would have expected the least, and yet I feel they fit in just perfectly *sweet*

LuxorV

Nice work, Batbrick *y* I really like that ATV, simple yet effective :-) The Deadzone is great. Very ragged and desolate, it looks like a truly evil and foul place.

Great work, I look forward to the next options *sweet*

You have been busy! *wub* I'd like to list what I liked ...but I actually like them all! I am stunned how much orange you have though... most of mine came from Bikini Bottom... :-/

Great work! After seeing the Deadzone I think we probably should have opted to go elsewhere! X-D

I am stunned how much orange you have though... most of mine came from Bikini Bottom... :-/

That's what I thought at first too. I think it's actually red though, just the lighting :-$

Wow X-O

Cool new creatures (the dragon seems a bit like a sea creature, with that flat dolphinish tail :-P ) and settings *y*

I *wub* the new jeep, and the way you became friend with Sammy!

I'll finish saying the rock crabs are what I would have expected the least, and yet I feel they fit in just perfectly *sweet*

Thanks LuxorV, now that I look at it, it does seem a bit like a dolphin tail :-D

I'm overjoyed you liked the Jeep, that was the hardest thing for me to make :-$

Nice work, Batbrick *y* I really like that ATV, simple yet effective :-) The Deadzone is great. Very ragged and desolate, it looks like a truly evil and foul place.

Great work, I look forward to the next options *sweet*

Thanks TinyPiesRUs, I'm glad you liked the Deadzone, its pretty evil *skull*

You have been busy! *wub* I'd like to list what I liked ...but I actually like them all! I am stunned how much orange you have though... most of mine came from Bikini Bottom... :-/

Great work! After seeing the Deadzone I think we probably should have opted to go elsewhere! X-D

Thanks a heap Sinner, you are probably right in saying the Deadzone was a bad choice.

And I think its my highpowered lightbulb thats stunning you though, it makes the bricks look orange, but they are actually just red :-$

I wish it were orange though..... :'-(

That's what I thought at first too. I think it's actually red though, just the lighting :-$
And I think its my highpowered lightbulb thats stunning you though, it makes the bricks look orange, but they are actually just red :-$

OK, OK, I can't pick colours too well. :-$

Yes!! I'm still alive! :-D *y*

You definitely have been working on this, there's lots of improvements!

I think this Reginald guy should build me some kind of a hardsuit, that's what you need! ;-)

I'm looking forward to the next one. *wub*

*sweet*

Thanks for all your comments guys!

Cool, but what happened when the guy ate the runt?

Thats to be explained in the next one ;-)

Each ".5" part introduces what I've MOCed since, and the voting parts are the ones which explain the storyline.

Wow!

I can't believe I've missed these... :'-( Now I need to go back and look at the first ones!

You've done a really good job with this. *wub*

Will

GREAT GREAT JOB!!!! *y* *y* i'm a big fan of your Mocs *wub* these i think are some of your best yet! the deadzone looks great on an evil way :-D and that's a great tank and dragon *y* brilliant job!

EDIT: does any think this Post-Apoc story remind you of jak 3 the game?

Edited by hollisbrick

Wow. I am very impressed. What great fun this is! Batbrick, you are a very skilled post apocolyptic builder, and I give you my regards.

The tank and jeep both look great, and the dragon looks ferocious. I'm loving how this whole story is developing out! Thank you SO MUCH for doing this for us!!

Great MOCing you have been doing Batbrick! *y*

Now for my awe-inspiring thoughts

Boulder Crabs- Cute, they remind me of those rock crabs fro POTC AWE

Flame bots- interesting I like seeing more robotics, since after all it is the future

Defense Bot- What is that supposed to be? Friend? Foe?

Black Dragon- *wub* One Kick megablocks dragon there!! Very evil and dark, great job!

Ian Ded- Hire him, we need more members!!

Lord Dragonator- Hire Him too!

Piranha- The best choice! Choose him as a fellow teammate :-P

Now onto the technology of, primitive times

Grenades- Good job Jameson! We need those, I like the blue one

Power rifle- finally a "real" weapon!

ATV upgrade- I still don't like the ATV, looks more bulky :-/

Defense turret- the more guns, the better

Sammy- See, I knew the creature would be loyal and better than an ATV

Deadzone- I love it! *wub* The terrain is rough ( like me) the flame geysers and giant tentacles are sweet add-ons All the dead creatures and bodies around are *skull*

Tank- Very bulky and looks well armoured, all though I would have liked it a tad bigger

Jeep- the tires are a bit small, but otherwise nice job

Weapons laying around- a flintlock!!? Where are the SW blasters :-P

I await the Interactive part! 8-

Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't I vote?

This is not the voting part, thats next ;-)

Also, please don't say things like "So, when is part 3?", I find it a bit rude, thankyou *sweet*

Thanks everyone else for your comments, I appreciate them.

This is not the voting part, thats next ;-)

Also, please don't say things like "So, when is part 3?", I find it a bit rude, thankyou *sweet*

Thanks everyone else for your comments, I appreciate them.

Sorry about that Batbrick, I was trying to say voteing by saying part three.

Sorry about that Batbrick, I was trying to say voteing by saying part three.

Thats okay! Thanks for coming to my thread *sweet*

Wow, Batbrick, that looks brilliant!!

I love the way you've used creatures as transport & weaponry, It'll be really handy for the group to get a friendly Black dragon (if there is such a beast!).

Are you planning on anything that tunnels? - I'm thinking like in 'tremors' rather than a machine. - It would be fun to make and you could concentrate on the head and leave the body underground to give it a really nasty attack.

The arch looks really good especially with all the detail and booty, it's real 'end-of-the-world' stuff!.

This update really cheered me up at lunchtime...I was trying to describe this story to a friend the other day but thought it was a film I had seen after too much wine. Anyway, reading this reminded me where I'd seen it and I yelled out 'Lego not film' in front of the whole office (to quizzical looks!!)

I'm looking forward to reading further, I hope that imagination of yours is feeling strong!