4 hours ago, Milan said:

Well, at least we have Lego Barcode brick, which could load few sounds and use them when commanded.

And Mindstorm, at least for EV3. I'm not sure for NXT. Anyway, PFx Brick would be great, hope it will be available soon, one way or the other. 

15 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

And Mindstorm, at least for EV3. I'm not sure for NXT. Anyway, PFx Brick would be great, hope it will be available soon, one way or the other. 

You can upload sound files to the NXT and it'll play it back. I remember I had to convert the WAV file to an audio format supported by the NXT.  Also the NXT speaker isn't very loud.

We just launched an updated campaign for the PFx Brick!

You can check it out on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fxbricks/pfx-brick-special-fx-for-lego-creations

We took the feedback and results from the previous campaign and made some changes. The biggest being a lower base funding goal, which should be more achievable. Be sure to check out the Kickstarter page for all the information. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

J

Edited by touthomme

I'm backer #243. With a PFx brick, trucks like my DAF XF could truly come alive. As you can see, right now it uses an SBrick to get those additional lights to work (The bottom of the SBrick can be seen through the windscreen).

DAF XF FT Super Space Cab in scale 1:25 with standard Model Team trailer

I will allow myself to bump this topic with a congratulations to the PFx team on achieving the first goal on Kickstarter!

The stats are currently:

CA$ 69,766 pledged of CA$ 68,000 goal
backers
9 days to go

6 hours ago, Lasse D said:

I will allow myself to bump this topic with a congratulations to the PFx team on achieving the first goal on Kickstarter!

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who has supported us so far. We're really excited that the PFx Brick will become a reality!

J

Any idea when it will be commercially available here in Europe? I do not have a credit card, so I had no means of supporting this project. But I would love to get one for a train project.

Anyone else already received their PFx Brick? It's at a "collection point", so I can get it this afternoon.

I have to pay 35 euro import costs btw *huh*

2 hours ago, Jim said:

It's at a "collection point", so I can get it this afternoon.

Eager to hear your thoughts. I will order one PFx Brick, one M speaker and eight lights, in a next few months.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Anyone else already received their PFx Brick? It's at a "collection point", so I can get it this afternoon.

I have to pay 35 euro import costs btw *huh*

Mine is also waiting to be picked up. I have to pay 33 euro ... :sceptic: Slightly lower VAT in Luxembourg

4 hours ago, Milan said:

Eager to hear your thoughts. I will order one PFx Brick, one M speaker and eight lights, in a next few months.

Package looking good. Those LED sure are tiny. Brick and speakers look good. Hope to test it shortly.

Received mine three weeks ago, without extra import duties. The package was small in size and neatly packed. The quality of the casings - PFxBricks and accessories - are very good for 3d printed objects. The parts have a nice tight fit with true Lego bricks and the connectors require a strong 'click' for the first time to connect. Am impressed! Jason and Michael really did a great job, and the effort they put in shows in the hardware and the software. Have done some tests already and it works like a charm.

I have not yet had the opportunity to use the PFx Brick, but the following news could be interesting for PFx Brick owners looking for interesting sounds: The BBC makes available more than 16.000 soundbites in WAV format. See here: http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/. Here is the article in the Dutch newspaper NRC: https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2018/04/20/duizend-en-een-gekke-gratis-geluidjes-van-de-bbc-a1600282.

I just looked and they are currently sold out.

Could someone please post here when the store re-opens?

Many thanks,

Andy D

Michael from Fx Bricks:  We'll post to this thread when the store reopens.  Sorry we had to temporarily close it--we just had to get on top of our growing backlog and give ourselves some more breathing room!  Also, we've had to order more parts for production to meet the increase in demand.  Stay tuned!

Today I picked up my 4 PFx bricks at the postal office. I intend to use them in my standalone Model Team trucks and trailers as I believe it will be an ideal match. I look forward to PFx-powering my first truck. Stay tuned :)

@Lasse:  Awesome!  Glad you got your PFx Bricks ok before your move.  We look forward to seeing your PFx-powered vehicles!

On 3/15/2018 at 8:26 PM, Jim said:

Hope to test it shortly.

Shorty is....not so shortly. But I have been able to test the PFx Brick today. I am very impressed with the ease of use, of both the brick and the software. I got things up-and-running in no time, without strange quirks or anything. I have both speakers and the sound is absolutely phenomenal. The smaller one is perfectly suited for most scenarios, but the big one produces quite a volume. When I tested it for the first time, I thought the sound was coming from my computer. Then I realized it was the speaker. All in all very pleased with the brick. Now I will be hooking it up to my EV3 unit, which I will report in a separate topic. 

This is the first time I've seen this. Tis a very cool idea but the prices on the website are just extortionate. 5.95 CAD for a basic low power LED with a jumper wire and a little heatshrink is frankly ridiculous when in reality they cost a matter of pence. Plus you need to buy a plug in board (separately) to even use the LED's, which is an ugly and unnecessary compromise from an engineering stand point. I could make a fx brick unit that does the same thing for like 1/4 of the price of this unit. Fair enough adding like 2.5 times markup but still, this system far far too expansive for what is it. Bring the price down to something like 50 CAD inc 2 LED's and a 1W speaker and I would buy a couple but there's no chance at this price. Sorry but that's my honest opinion.

2 hours ago, MxWinters said:

Sorry but that's my honest opinion.

No problem. I agree it doesn't come cheap. They missed the first Kickstarter because they didn't reach the required funding for a certain number of units. After that they started a new campaign for less units. And I reckon making less units bumps the price per unit. If I am not mistaken you can use other LEDs btw. The price might put some people off, but it is a quality product. I love the ease of use and the available software.