TechnicRCRacer

[MOC] Trophy Truck Mk. II [Added to Rebrickable]

Hi,

This is my WIP topic for a new Trophy Truck that I am planning (mainly because I have never used my Unimog tires). Tips are appreciated.

Here is the steering system (I modified it from an abandoned chassis attempt)

33324411970_e5d8e2a337_c.jpg

And here is the back of the chassis. It uses 2 RC motors with independent suspension. NOTE: The cross block in between the motors is only attached to one of them. It is used to prevent the motors from bending into each other.

33324412350_dbbe004ac9_c.jpg

I hope that this will work well!

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

It is an interesting start, but the rear wheels will need WAY more reinforcement. How they are currently attached (axle with spacers) is probably the absolute weakest method, no offense meant. Using wheel hubs, especially with big tires is a must. What shocks will you use for the rear?

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely reinforce the wheels with hubs. The shocks I am using are the crawler shocks. They fit on the axle pins.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
strange typo

Hi!

Another update: Reinforced! Here is the photo of the new axle with portal hubs:

33601462411_db2f351ed4_c.jpg

The chassis proved to not have enough power to drive the RC motors:angry:, so I will have to move to my old RC unit. It will be hard, but hopefully it will work. Does anyone know how to change an input for a servo for an input for the built-in RC servo?

33601462641_14880e3632_c.jpg

Well, the "heart transplant" was successful, here are the following changes:

• The front suspension was replaced with the normal RC suspension (temporary?)
  • The RC Unit is now in place and secure
  • More support at the portal hubs

Here is the result:

33591581892_560312edcc_b.jpg

As always, advice is encouraged:laugh:

If anyone can help, I want to replace the RC standard steering unit with a beam-built one. Any ideas?

Looks good, but I advice You to redesign the front axles. The way the wheels are connected now, are not stable enough and make a lot of stress on the wheel hubs.

Maybe using these wheels would make stronger connections (but still the stress due to the offset is there):

86652.png

Or even better to use the pulley wheels (3 pieces), also connected with a 4L axle with the wheel together, something like this:

2.png

On 4/2/2017 at 1:46 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Great job, It's a lot better than your last one IMO. Will it be added to Rebrickable?

Thanks! It will probably be uploaded in late April or early May.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Hi!
A little update on how things are going:

• The front was a tiny bit redesigned
  • the suspension in the front had many problems, now fixed
  • back can hold spare tire (but don't have one
  • front hood panels now have 4x4 crawler stickers (may take them off later)

That's it so far!

yeah, I've been lazy...

Almost done! All I have to do is find a good way to install the headlights and then it is complete! I have been slacking off testing a new micro McPherson suspension for a future MOC. 

Complete! Here are some photos:

34123391681_68ce5340fd_c.jpg33443650983_cb323a94fb_c.jpg

34123391281_e99a2956f7_c.jpg33443650763_7869f4c96c_c.jpg

In my opinion, I am "meh" with the headlights. They work well enough to not take away much from the model. Hope you like it! Video and instructions in the near future!

Also: How do you change the name of a forum topic?

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Nice to see this is finally finished. However, the back portion still seems to be rather skeletal, but maybe adding a spare tire would resolve the issue.

Also, you have to choose to edit the very first post of the topic, and it should let you change the topic title there. :classic:

10 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice to see this is finally finished. However, the back portion still seems to be rather skeletal, but maybe adding a spare tire would resolve the issue.

Also, you have to choose to edit the very first post of the topic, and it should let you change the topic title there. :classic:

Thanks for the advice! The problem is that I don't have a spare tire, but I can borrow one from my friend. Also, thank you for telling me how to rename topics!

I have started taking the video! Does anybody know a good free software for video editing? Premiere Pro CC costs money. I have been using this strange app on my iPhone and I am sick of it.

On 4/24/2017 at 10:35 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Also: How do you change the name of a forum topic?

just click edit topic, it should allow you to.

47 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Thanks! I did kinda finish the video... but I will give Wax a try next!

Well, here it is:

It looks good!