Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

1 hour ago, DarrellBricker said:

I regret nothing! :D

In all fairness, it's the random generator's fault. It pitted two of the greatest sci-fi contenders against one another. And now, there's a big chance that there we won't be any in round 2. Although the Galaxy Patrol and Space Miner are strong contenders.

OK, so interesting stats after the halfway point in round 1:

1. We're now halfway through the groups. Yaaaay!

2. All the numbered series but Series 1 and 4 have had a victory, and so far it looks like impending doom for S1 with its last candidate about to lose. S4 also seems headed for a loss in group 33, leaving it with a mere 6 candidates. However, 4 of those are pretty strong contenders: the monster, the werewolf, hazmat guy, and gnome.

3. Only special series with at least one victory is TLM, with only one victory. Team GB seems bound for elimination with only the gymnast remaining. DFB has only 5 candidates remaining after brutal group 32 eliminated 3 of its players all at once. Simspons 2, TLBM, and Disney haven't even used half of their contenders, so it's still possible for them to score a victory. However, Simpsons 1 only has 6 contenders left, and I expect both Simpsons series to be fully eliminated, judging by the poor performance of all of their candidates.

4. Highest number of wins: 4 (Series 6 and 7). Only Series 10 has 3 wins. Series 2, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 have 2 wins each. 3, 5, 8, 9, and TLM have 1 each. So it seems people have a preference for the newer, regular series.

5. Highest win percentage: 66.7%, for Series 7, with 4 wins out of 6. This is the only series that has won a majority of its matches. Series 6, 10, 11, and 12 have a success rate of 50% each.

So overall, the strongest performances have come from Series 6 and 7. Which makes sense, because I remember those being regarded as some of the best series by a lot of people. It'll be interesting to see how the stats progress, especially after Disney and TLBM play more.

Edited by BrickHat

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Yup. Look at Itaria's spreadsheet. That's where I'm getting the stats from.

Oh

Series 1 is pretty much doomed

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is the S1 Forestman already eliminated?

He is. I would had bet on that guy, but did not made the cut. :cry_sad:

Poor Series 1! In all honesty though, I don't think the best CMF comes from there. :sweet:

So I voted for the Pharaoh because he is perfect and is one of the reasons I started to collect CMFs. He easily beats the competition. Currently all voters agree (although that's just @Robert8 and me :laugh:).

Starlet and pharaoh were good options but battle mech is a great fig.  Love the orange and white scheme. 

Jungle Boy for me as I love Tarzan and his ilk! Hollywood Starlet was a close second. Pharaoh doesn't do much for me, although I recognize he is a quality figure.

10 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Pharaoh is building a lead!

Your curse does not seem to affect this one.

We don't have a space-related minifig yet and this makes me sad! :cry_sad:

7 hours ago, makoy said:

Your curse does not seem to affect this one.

We don't have a space-related minifig yet and this makes me sad! :cry_sad:

Same. Like I said, those who voted for the intergalactic girl... :tongue: She was a spoiler candidate!