Sign in to follow this  
jaapxaap

Freebuild: Moving to Kyrrath

Hey there!

Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to finish my cat. B entry in time, but instead I have something else for you... (maybe I'll finish the entry as a freebuild somewhere in the near future...)

As you know(or don't) am I the founder of the purple city of Kyrrath. And for a big part, it's similar to other city's in many ways. But when you look to the expansion of Kyrrath, than there is a difference with other citys.
Yes, there are some houses that are just build up from the ground, but since Kyrrath has declared loyalty to the spire, there has been a second way of expansion:

In a lot of places there are citizens that would like to be loyal to the spire, but do live in areas where most of the population is helping the resistance out. But now there's something beautiful, something magical for these people... When they use purple amethystdust from Kyrrath, and paint their roofs purple, their houses will come to live, and move towards Kyrrath, to settle there and be able to support the spire, The true leader of Nocturnus!

Oh, and when the houses come across pirateships, or other buildings loyal to the resistance, they don't doubt destroying them...

Here are the photos:

33631049476_da0664970e_z.jpg

32828615244_a1aafec7a8_z.jpg

This build is also an entry for the finals of The Tourney, that is the reason why this ship design is based at the design of my enemy over there, W. Navarre. But it is a complete rebuild, using my own techniques and designchoises. Credits to him tho for the original design of the ship. 
32828615324_8ea56e1ce8_z.jpg

And lastly a picture of the house itself, without a ship covering the whole front...
33671983755_42be2f42bf_z.jpg

I hope you enjoy my build, and if you also want to live in Kyrrath, don't wait any longer, buy some Kyrrath' amethyst dust and paint your roof purple....
C&C always welcome!

Have a nice day,

Jaap

Really nice build, I count myself lucky to have seen it in real live (or is this an other walking house then the one you brought to BMA?)

15 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Really nice build, I count myself lucky to have seen it in real live (or is this an other walking house then the one you brought to BMA?)

This one is totally different one, as I wasn't allowed to use parts I made before the start of this round... you can compare them on my flickr...

This looks great! The detailing on the stone is excellent, and the roof, in your signature style, is fantastic. My favorite detail is the area under the eaves of the roof, with those brown 1x1 rounds forming nice patterns. I love the idea of walking houses traveling to Kyrrath.

:laugh:  Quite an amusing build here, I love the casual way you've just dumped everything out of Navarre's ship! :rofl:  The purple is awesome too and you've got some neat angles going!  Great work on the bright landscape, though I feel like the green river need some love... maybe a few tiles or a jutting rock would have helped break up the monotony.  But otherwise, really neat MOC!

The house is beautifully done. As others have said the river is a bit plain but the posing and details of the house make up for it. The ship being upturned and shaken out is lovely too.

2 hours ago, jaapxaap said:

This one is totally different one, as I wasn't allowed to use parts I made before the start of this round... you can compare them on my flickr...

The more there are, the merrier!

By the way, can we expect you for the 2017 edition?

This looks very cool and I immediately have to think of ハウルの動く城 (Howl's Moving Castle)!

Wow!  I love the colors!   I never thought that the purples would be worth much of anything until I started seeing builds like this.  The tiles work really well on the roof for color, and the lavender pieces are great accents.  I love the whole color scheme, and all the details, especially on the windows and the wooden accents.  Awesome build!

You got a thing going for these walking houses, I cannot wait for the next one :tongue: Man that house id wicked, but what really stands out for me is the eaves, they are beautiful. The landscape as well is amazing with the purple trees really adding :thumbup:

haha cool idea and awesome execution! I'm totally in love with that house! :wub:

Typical Kyrrath awesomeness! The walking house is beautifully detailed on each side, and the lovely landscape is excellent.

Congrats on 2nd in the Tourney :classic: