For the last KockeFest exhibition, I really wanted to try something new and not just bring along modulars buildings. I had fun building this diorama, although I admit the initial plan was much bigger than this. But then I ran out of bricks and space, and left it like this at 48x96 studs size. However, there's still a chance of continueing this MOC further as planned.

33472058442_d9e7acf97b_c.jpg

I got the two Elves' sets with the dragons mostly for the parts, but then I really enjoyed playing with the dragons (thanks to my 2-year old son), that I saw a bigger potential. That's when the idea started forming, and the MOC was slowly shaping. In addition, I wanted to try different approaches building the vegetation and water features. This was my first attempt at building a waterfall, and I'm ok with this version, although it was challenging mostly because a lot of my bricks is currently unsorted, and finding the right parts (knowing I have them) was taking a lot of extra time.

33245090540_5806b4f0f6_c.jpg

I recently got some trans-clear Technic bricks, and I thought of using them as support for a flying dragon, that's why I set the green dragon up in the air flying above the forrest.

33245082330_cfe3d5f0ac_c.jpg

Another challenge of this MOC was taking pictures. Since it takes up the width of my kitchen table, it was not easy to set up a white background (the wall) and get the right light from the window on one side. I want to expand this to include also an Elven village, and perhaps add more dragons, and improve the display further, so any comments are welcome.

Amazing and inspiring build!  If you do add more to it, I'll look forward to seeing more pictures added of it.   Really cool creation you've made!

Incredible. I love it. I've been wanting to build something Elves related for my daughter. I have too many WIPs, but I really want to do this.

I love the vegetation. And that waterfall is clever and looks great. I will definitely borrow ideas from you (if you don't mind, credit due of course) because I had considered a waterfall in my scene too.

It's always weird looking at a MOC because in pictures it always looks smaller than it really is, until you realize how much detail has to be on a bigger scale. I always run out of 48x48 baseplates to build these things.

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see the Elven village if/when you get to it.

Great build! The vegetation and waterfall are especially well done.

The problem of not having enough space in your kitchen to fit your MOC has an obvious solution: knock down your kitchen wall. Who cares about a wall? You can always rebuild it in LEGO. :sweet:

This looks really good.

I like the rockwork and also the vegetation in your landscape.

Was it you intention to create certain levels in you rocks?

Thanks, everyone for positive comments. I've been offline for a week and it was great seeing this MOC frontpaged (thanks Peppetmint_M).

On 29. 3. 2017 at 1:40 AM, AmperZand said:

The problem of not having enough space in your kitchen to fit your MOC has an obvious solution: knock down your kitchen wall. Who cares about a wall? You can always rebuild it in LEGO. :sweet:

I wish it was simple like this, but I'm not sure the neighbour at the other side of the wall would agree. 

On 31. 3. 2017 at 9:31 AM, sander1992 said:

Was it you intention to create certain levels in you rocks?

Yes, I wanted levels. Mostly as it creates more stable rocks and secondly, to incorporate paths on the slopes for Elves when they go watching the dragons. But I still need to add that second part.

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

I love to see an update of this landscape.

Maybe you can add some small plates and cheese slopes on the levels.

That gives a nice small variations in height for the plateaus.