kungfulegolover

What videogame-based BrickHeadz would you like to see?

Probably some of these videogame-based ones would be based on Sonic the Hedgehog and mostly Nintendo games, like Super Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pokemon. What videogame-based BrickHeadz would you like to see? (No Dimensions or Worlds BrickHeadz) And also, what characters?

I'd love to see some Professor Layton or Ace Attorney themed BrickHeadz! Also some of the core Nintendo franchises like Pokémon, Mario, or The Legend of Zelda. Though actually now that you've got me thinking about it I may first try building my own!

Gosh, what COULDN'T you do? The nice thing about BrickHeadz is that, unlike many minifigure-based Lego themes, it doesn't really rely on any specialized molds whatsoever. And unlike Dimensions, there's no real impetus to remain console-neutral (which is to say, first-party characters are totally feasible). The only real limits are brand fit (even in a theme like BrickHeadz, Lego probably wouldn't license any games with graphic, realistic violence or explicit sexual content) and the ability to get the license (which can be hard for the lay fan to get any insight into, though looking at the franchise's propensity for licensing and whether other building toy manufacturers already have a license helps).

With that in mind, what would I most like to see? Besides the ones that my brother already mentioned, plenty of other franchises appeal to me: Mega Man, Shantae, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Splatoon... even as a gamer who primarily plays on Nintendo systems, it's a huge list.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, Aanchir said:

I'd love to see some Professor Layton or Ace Attorney themed BrickHeadz! Also some of the core Nintendo franchises like Pokémon, Mario, or The Legend of Zelda. Though actually now that you've got me thinking about it I may first try building my own!

You can post up your BrickHeadz on LEGO Ideas, like someone already posted up McDonald's BrickHeadz. Hoping for a BobbleHeadz theme, like we have the Star Wars BobbleHeadz on LEGO Ideaa.

Edited by kungfulegolover

8 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Yes! Oh, I would love Ace Attorney ones. The crazy hairstyles for the characters would be fun to see in brick form, similar to TLBM Joker's hair from this wave.

It's sort of obscure, but I think a Shovel Knight BrickHead would be cute. I know I saw a MOC one that somebody did a while back. Also Maxwell, the protagonist of the Scribblenauts games. He's a fairly blockly character who should translate to that style well.

I would want to see Master Chief... But sadly the other building brick company has that license :hmpf_bad:

So how about Steve? Lego already has the Minecraft license so it's not a stretch. 

I would love to see a Viewtifu Joe line! I imagine it could fit pretty well with the style too (already chibi-like).

On 28.03.2017 at 6:32 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

I would want to see Master Chief... But sadly the other building brick company has that license :hmpf_bad:

So how about Steve? Lego already has the Minecraft license so it's not a stretch. 

Agreed. Alex also would be a good-looking BrickHead, along with some other characters from the Minecraft videogame. Maybe a creeper? A skeleton? An Enderman? Iron Golem? LEGO, please make minecraft BrickHeadz - they fit the theme well enough with their in-game blocky appearances.

And yes, it's sad that MegaBloks - or as it is now MegaConstux - has the Halo license, but we have to face reality.

For Sonic the Hedgehog BrickHeadz, we'd obviously get Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, and Eggman.

Edited by kungfulegolover

On 5/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, kungfulegolover said:

Agreed. Alex also would be a good-looking BrickHead, along with some other characters from the Minecraft videogame. Maybe a creeper? A skeleton? An Enderman? Iron Golem? LEGO, please make minecraft BrickHeadz - they fit the theme well enough with their in-game blocky appearances.

And yes, it's sad that MegaBloks - or as it is now MegaConstux - has the Halo license, but we have to face reality.

For Sonic the Hedgehog BrickHeadz, we'd obviously get Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, and Eggman.

not really mega blox and lego have some licenses that they both have. If microsoft had to choose between lego and mega blox to do halo they'd probably do lego

On 3/27/2017 at 4:43 PM, kungfulegolover said:

You can post up your BrickHeadz on LEGO Ideas, like someone already posted up McDonald's BrickHeadz. Hoping for a BobbleHeadz theme, like we have the Star Wars BobbleHeadz on LEGO Ideaa.

I've seen a few BrickHeadz submissions on Ideas recently; but the thing is, I believe that they are not considered acceptable project content by Ideas since they are deemed contributions to an already existing theme. They sort of fall under the same rule that CMS submissions sit under, or any collectable line/theme centered project for that matter.

Well I've made some for the brickset contest (and I will continue to make them) and here is a video game one.

35501728141_ff55da2771_z.jpg

17 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've seen a few BrickHeadz submissions on Ideas recently; but the thing is, I believe that they are not considered acceptable project content by Ideas since they are deemed contributions to an already existing theme. They sort of fall under the same rule that CMS submissions sit under, or any collectable line/theme centered project for that matter.

I think its a bit silly to put brick heads on Lego ideas as they are Lego's own thing, like when you see submissions for new ninjago sets.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
fixed formatting issues

Personally, since LEGO has the Portal license, I'd like to see a BrickHeadz set of Chell, and maybe Doug Rattmann as well.