Sign in to follow this  
legoman666

Husky Double Stack Well Cars - 7 wide

Been working on these on and off for a while. Finally completed a set of 5. These are scaled properly for 0.7studs/ft. The opening for the containers is 6 studs wide, which works out to be 8.5', which is pretty close to the real thing. I made a few different length containers, some 53' (37 studs), some 40' (28 studs), and some 20' (14 studs). I printed & cut the decals at home on vinyl with a Roland BN-20. 

33666243485_bef529e5bc_b.jpg

32852818943_9eb35ef707_b.jpg

33625124276_23012cd07f_b.jpg

32852814443_98b3f59f85_b.jpg

33666240315_27e41e7419_b.jpg

You'll notice that the 53' and 40' length markings on the side of the well are in fact accurately scaled. 

33666244285_f897903e61_b.jpg

I'd like to open up the offer to print decals for other train fans as well. I know a lot of us have a hard time finding a place to do one offs for reasonable prices. I can do white ink on to clear vinyl, I can cut out text/logos, and basically anything else. For more information please send me an email at legoman666@gmail.com. I can't do it for free, but I think my prices are reasonable.

These are fantastic models, well done. Many 'real' railway modellers would/should be envious of these, especially with those crisp vinyls. What do they look like inside and underneath? I know these angles are not normally viewed, but I'm just curious.
I would love to see them running behind a loco; how well do they do in standard LEGO curves?

3 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

These are fantastic models, well done. Many 'real' railway modellers would/should be envious of these, especially with those crisp vinyls. What do they look like inside and underneath? I know these angles are not normally viewed, but I'm just curious.
I would love to see them running behind a loco; how well do they do in standard LEGO curves?

Thanks! They can't do R40. R56 and up are all good though. Here's the two shots you wanted. They are quite stiff, no sagging.

33542017981_96f8578c2f_b.jpg

33542016891_7d8be6df01_b.jpg

Excellent work! (as always) And here I thought I bought out all of the yellow tiles with studs for my earlier build. You definitely brought a lot more detail to the design, e.g., proper scale for the containers and much more realistic detailing on the ends.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:12 AM, legoman666 said:

Thanks! They can't do R40. R56 and up are all good though. Here's the two shots you wanted. They are quite stiff, no sagging.

That's a very good use of technic beams and bricks to keep a solid base. As I think I said before, well done.

Perfectly. Great idea, great build. All the details are thought out. Scale you have a model. And the containers are all different and excellent quality stickers.

I had to double take on the Hanjin container, that looks to me the corrugated panel.  I did not know they made them in blue now!  I'm going to have to order some and redo my CSX containers.

Edited by pirzyk