Sign in to follow this  
Franco Clarke

[CH5-C] Terror from the depths

The days when the ships of men controlled the seas are at an end. No longer is a large vessel able to sail with complete security. For a new monster has risen to rule the waters of the world.

33615546456_57fc5cdb97_z.jpg

Some say it was summoned by one of the warring Empires, by science or magic. Others claim it is an ancient entity that has awoken from a deep slumber.

33615546116_1eac26b7ae_z.jpg

No man can sail the seas without fear of attack. At any moment the waves may begin to boil, and your boat dragged below. Or at once your ship is seized by unholy jaws and crushed with the strength of 1000 cannons.

33656363745_41f052f14e_z.jpg

No matter the size, no matter the firepower, crossing the oceans has become suicide.

33615545716_a4e946ea22_z.jpg

Just a little entry to the sea monster category, using a quickly assembled warship and a load of tentacles!

32842965633_c0052ea721_b.jpg

32842965423_1ef0bacc70_b.jpg

I hope you all like it!

I am very happy to see that awesome MOC completed (and even happier for the earlier WIP photos as well) and I have only one thing to say: You totally nailed it! The monster size is adequate, the ship is well built, the action is frantic and all in all, a great entry for cat C. I would like to see it rendered some day, if possible, so as to see it in its full glory! muhahahahaha!

That's a very scary beast, and the two-decker is very well made.

Quite a fearsome beast there!  The fella running down the head is pretty funny! :pir-grin:

Thank you very much for building such a beautifull vessel for Eslandola!

Too bad it is already lost :pir-sceptic:

Absolutely great job on your beasty! I really hope to not counter it in my life :)

That came out really nice. I love the various shots showing the tentacles attacking the crew as they attempt to flee or fight. My favorite part has to be the head. You did an excellent job with the ship's design and showing its destruction. Finally, it's amazing just how good the various curves came using only basic bricks and plates. Overall a fantastic MOC and a top-notch entry. Hats off to you, sir.

Really great entry, the shear scale of the monster and ship are very impressive! On glancing at the first picture I thought it was just going to be a single tentacle, so the giant beast was quite a surprise! Fantastic job!

Fantastic entry, Franco, a truly terrifying beast *oh2* My favorite part is the head of the monster munching its way through the ship, the way you managed to build the neck around the head... and that tentacle destroying the ship's stern :wub: The guy running down the monster's head - hilarious :laugh:

Just one thing - some renders would make this whole creation shine even more :wink:

Keep it up!

Great LDD entry. Those Eslandolans sure looks the part of tasty treats.  :laugh:   I think taking an extra step to render the images would be icing on the cake.   :wink:

I am glad this was well received, and that you all liked it!

On 27/03/2017 at 3:45 PM, Maxim I said:

Thank you very much for building such a beautifull vessel for Eslandola!

Too bad it is already lost :pir-sceptic:

Absolutely great job on your beasty! I really hope to not counter it in my life :)

Thank you, I'm sure the wreck could be salvaged with the appropriate winching gear... if they don't encounter another beasty :pir-grin:

On 28/03/2017 at 4:09 PM, Captain Genaro said:

That came out really nice. I love the various shots showing the tentacles attacking the crew as they attempt to flee or fight. My favorite part has to be the head. You did an excellent job with the ship's design and showing its destruction. Finally, it's amazing just how good the various curves came using only basic bricks and plates. Overall a fantastic MOC and a top-notch entry. Hats off to you, sir.

Thanks, The head was mostly based on the techniques lego uses on it's own sculptures, just to a much lower standard.

On 01/04/2017 at 10:38 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Fantastic entry, Franco, a truly terrifying beast *oh2* My favorite part is the head of the monster munching its way through the ship, the way you managed to build the neck around the head... and that tentacle destroying the ship's stern :wub: The guy running down the monster's head - hilarious :laugh:

Just one thing - some renders would make this whole creation shine even more :wink:

Keep it up!

Thank you, it was watching you construct your LDD ships that convinced me this would be possible!