timtosino

MOC: Jamie Davis Heavy Rescue Team Tow Trucks from Highway Thru Hell

Jamie Davis Heavy Rescue is a towing company based in Hope, BC Canada  (about 2 hours from where I live) whose main operations are on the Coquihalla Highway and are featured on the TV Show "Highway Thru Hell". I posted my Jamie Davis Rotator back in 2014 and said I wanted to eventually try to do the same truck in 7 wide. After seeing 4000022 I wanted to try to use those techniques on a new 7 wide truck but around that same time, I heard that Jamie had sold his prized truck the Rotator. When Season 5 of the show started airing last fall I started building the next biggest truck in his fleet which is even newer, a 50-ton Tri-Drive Western Star along with a smaller tandem unit and a Toyota Tundra for Traffic Control.

33475937322_9209ab530b_b.jpg

Heavy Rescue 117 is a Western Star Tri-Drive  Century tow truck with stabilizers, and a side puller (3rd winch on the driver's side). Used for recovering Semi-Trucks and other large vehicles.

33475936622_324ac0558b_b.jpg

HR 116 is a Western Star Tandem Tow Truck with sleeper cab. Smaller than 117, but tandems can do just a much work as the biggest trucks.

32789806044_f735ef5cbe_b.jpg

IR 104 is an Incident Response Truck for flagging traffic control. Toolbox in bed. Dispatched to secure accidents before the bigger trucks arrive or roadside service to smaller passenger vehicles.

33503432561_3e7e9e0842_b.jpg

Full Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/albums/72157681702229046

Still working on Al Quiring's Truck aka "The Green Monster" which is unit as big as 117 and a VSA Highway Maintenance Snow Plow (all in 7 wide) and I may just tackle Jamie's Newest Truck HR 126 (which hasn't made an appearance on TV yet) in time for our local con (http://www.brickcan.com)

Edited by timtosino

Awesome designing and I dig the pick up truck !

I watched a few episodes on A&E a few years ago.

Brick On 'timtosino' !

8 hours ago, BrickByBrick Official said:

These are amazing! Highway through hell is one of my favorite shows!

Thanks! Even though I don't watch much TV it's actually one of the TV shows I'll sit down and actually watch rather than play in the background. There's also a spin off series for Toronto and they have even bigger trucks but I couldn't get to liking it as much. Maybe because it's much further removed from where I live.

7 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Awesome designing and I dig the pick up truck !

I watched a few episodes on A&E a few years ago.

Brick On 'timtosino' !

Thank You! The Tundra is mostly based on 60148. It's interesting to see how many countries the show is broadcast in!

Indeed it has been on A&E on Foxtel in the land of Oz :wink:

Perhaps you should put the set of them up on Ideas and see what support you might get.

Brick On ! 

Nice work again Timtosino on recreating Jamie Davis' rigs. I remember your Mod on set 60056 into Jamies prized rotar. Was a bit surprised to hear that he sold it ( real thing) but guess that may have had to do with financial trouble in Alberta.

Good job on these trucks, if you don't mind custom parts I think a bit of chrome would look great:sweet:

The TV Show seems great, I just watched an episode. A very hard job these guys are doing out there.

9 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Nice work again Timtosino on recreating Jamie Davis' rigs. I remember your Mod on set 60056 into Jamies prized rotar. Was a bit surprised to hear that he sold it ( real thing) but guess that may have had to do with financial trouble in Alberta.

He sent it off to Alberta when the started working there but I heard he really designed it for his main base in BC. As in season 4 you see all the nice is equipment is in Alberta and a small crew is stuck in BC doing the same big jobs with older, smaller equipment.  The two trucks you see here are ones he ordered for Alberta but then once they close down everything there in season 5 they get sent back to BC. Thanks for the compliments :)

8 hours ago, Stefaneris said:

Good job on these trucks, if you don't mind custom parts I think a bit of chrome would look great:sweet:

The TV Show seems great, I just watched an episode. A very hard job these guys are doing out there.

Thanks! I'm heavily a purist when it comes to painting and stuff, but Jamie is famous for the chrome on his trucks "I drive a big red truck with lots of Chrome". I might swap out the front grills on the trucks though with the chrome ones if I find enough.

Edited by timtosino

UPDATE: 3 Additional Trucks Added from the show (not all Jamie Davis). More pictures: 

HR-126 Peterbuilt Tandem, same size at HR 126. Jamie's newest truck and his biggest chrome showpiece. I just noticed I forgot to put the rest of the axle caps on this one oops.

33674029250_7e16f880ce_c.jpg

VSA Highway Maintenance Plow, the contractor for the Coquihalla Highway. Includes main plow in front and side wing. VSA has a variety of trucks in use but I tried to make one of their older Western Stars. Might eventually do a tow plow to go with it (for plowing tow lanes).

33674030230_b154001c4e_c.jpg

Quiring Towing's Green Monster driven by Al Quiring. Kentworth Vulcan Tri-Drive wrecker with fold out stabilizers.

34058589065_affe81d7da_c.jpg

Edited by timtosino