Hi guys, this is my new creation! :laugh:

Today in Greece, we celebrate the national holiday of the Greek Revolution, officially started at 25th of March 1821, which culminated in the forming of Greece as a modern state.
To celebrate that day, we chose to depict a famous victory over the Ottoman forces of Dramali Pasha, sent to suppress the revolution in the Peloponnese peninsula.
This battle (critical battle at Dervenakia for the independence of Greece (Hellas) against Turks (Ottomans) after 400 years of slavery), largely inspired and excecuted by the chief of the Greek forces at Moreas (Peloponissos as it was called back then) Theodoros Kolokotrolis, was fought and won at Dervenakia straights, thus saving the Greek Revolution from dying off.

"Freedom or Death" was the only thought in the fighters minds during the fight..

33644777795_67b2b16392_b.jpg

Theodoros Kolokotronis! The Great General!

33261062600_59ac21d929_b.jpg

33515787371_125f022658_b.jpg

33604318196_fb8c932d04_b.jpg

33644923955_a94ca51c57_b.jpg

33488558082_1455b1f221_b.jpg

33604357676_9a3cf98622_b.jpg

33604268116_923c12308b_b.jpg

33515843471_4fc26d6ce2_b.jpg

33604386036_68a15e7f0d_b.jpg

33604237676_11b0f25fd2_b.jpg

For more details, read here
Battle of Dervenakia
here
Mahmud Dramali Pasha
and here
Theodoros Kolokotronis

Special thanks to my friend @blackdeathgr for the help with the skirts!

As always, thanks for watching
C & C are welcome!!  :grin:

Edited by Mpyromaxos

Wow impressionating! I love scenes with lots of minifigs, they look like they are living. Why some guys are wearing white skirts? Couls You explain a bit some historical backgrond? Who is fighting who and why?

Really nice MOC!

I love this build, those historical battles always capture my intrest and having one of the (for western europe) lesser known ones is always intresting to read a bit about

17 minutes ago, jakbar said:

Wow impressionating! I love scenes with lots of minifigs, they look like they are living. Why some guys are wearing white skirts? Couls You explain a bit some historical backgrond? Who is fighting who and why?

Really nice MOC!

Tnk you!
I write it, before the photos to the prologue! 
"a famous victory over the Ottoman forces of Dramali Pasha, sent to suppress the revolution in the Peloponnese peninsula. This battle, largely inspired and excecuted by the chief of the Greek forces at Moreas (Peloponissos as it was called back then) Theodoros Kolokotrolis, was fought and won at Dervenakia straights, thus saving the Greek Revolution from dying off."
It's a fight of 25 March 1821 at Dervenakia for the independence of Greece (Hellas) against Turks (Ottomans) after 400 years of slavery.
The guys with the skirts are Evzones!

The Evzones, or Evzoni (Greek: Εύζωνες, Εύζωνοι, pronounced [evˈzones, evˈzoni]), is the name of several historical elite light infantry and mountain units of the Greek Army. Today, it refers to the members of the Presidential Guard (Greek: Προεδρική Φρουρά; Proedrikí Frourá), an elite ceremonial unit that guards the Greek Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Greek: Μνημείο του Άγνωστου Στρατιώτη; Mnimeío tou Άgnostou Stratiόti), the Presidential Mansion and the gate of Evzones camp in Athens. An Evzone (Greek: Εύζωνας) is also known, colloquially, as a Tsoliás (Greek: Τσολιάς, Τσολιάδες; pl. Tsoliádes).

Though the Presidential Guard is a primarily ceremonial unit, all Evzones are volunteers drawn from the Hellenic Army's Infantry Corps. Prospective Evzones are initially identified at the Infantry Recruit Training Centres during Basic Training; there is a minimum height requirement of 1.87 m (6' 1.3") to join.

The unit is known for its uniform, which has evolved from the clothes worn by the klephts[1] who fought the Ottoman occupation of Greece. The most visible item of this uniform is the fustanella, a kilt-like garment. Their distinctive dress turned them into a popular image for the Greek soldier, especially among foreigners.

11 minutes ago, Tomsche said:

I love this build, those historical battles always capture my intrest and having one of the (for western europe) lesser known ones is always intresting to read a bit about

Tnk you very much!
I love historical battles also, and i wanted to make a creation with this theme long time ago! :sweet:

Edited by Mpyromaxos

7 minutes ago, Mpyromaxos said:

I write it, before the photos to the prologue! 

Oh sorry I didn't noticed...:look:

My bad

Nice vibrant and colorful depiction of a battle.
I really liked seeing through the pictures and also the flag construction is good too.
Thanks for sharing. :)

20 hours ago, Niku said:

Nice vibrant and colorful depiction of a battle.
I really liked seeing through the pictures and also the flag construction is good too.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Tnk you! :sweet: Yes, i believe the flag came up pretty good! 

Awesome creation Giorgi, I really like all this minifig posing.

On 26/3/2017 at 10:08 PM, Gunman said:

Awesome creation Giorgi, I really like all this minifig posing.

Tnk you my friend! I'me glad you like it! :grin:

On 3/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, Servertijd said:

Awesome! great use of diff colors, and the minifigs are well placed like the scene comes to life.

Thank you!

On 3/4/2017 at 9:26 PM, YeOldeAnimations said:

A very interesting MOC and equally interesting historical facts!

Tnk you! :sweet:

Is there a way to buy or get these minifigures? 

Because I'm from Greece and no one ever makes recent Greek minifigures, only ancient Greece ones