Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - Mar FB1] Hattery, Mooreton Bay (LDD)

You may well recall the widow Martha Harris, who established herself in the colony of Stormhaven late last year producing high quality hats. Her store became known as the Widow's Hattery, and has gained quite the reputation in the Sea of Thieves. Business is booming, with the demand for tricornes particularly high! (OOC: especially since a certain builder has stopped using shakos as on reflecting he feels he wants to represent an earlier period - indeed he has just ordered another 37 from a Bricklink store in Germany - but I digress...) To supply the growing demand, Martha has opened a second workshop in the settlement of Mooreton Bay, ran by a women she has had in her employ since the beginning, and trained in the art of hat making by her very self. The workshop is located in two new adjoining buildings and features a retail section on the ground floor, with the production line and storage on the second and third floors. Things are looking up for the newly established Widows Hat Company, who recently won the contract to supply the Mooreton Bay Colonial Militia with their supply of tricornes - a factor that influenced the decision to open a Mooreton Bay branch!

33629890255_bf77891a1f_c.jpg

As I am currently away from home I am again dabbling in LDD. With a new appreciation for what is very much definitely an dark art, here is my second attempt at a digital build! Thanks to @Kolonialbeamter for his advice on my first attempt, the render is much better this time around! I have something much bigger in the works now, and hope to have it ready to go (if my computer can render it!) by the end of the month. Any advice/comments/constructive criticism is definitely welcome! The building design was heavily influenced by @Gideon's The Wrong Proposal. I've tried to make everything realistically buildable, although some of the plate pieces I've used in medium dark flesh would be extremely rare and expensive IRL!

This medium artesian property makes Mooreton Bay a Level 4 'Large Town', although I miscalculated and updated the settlement thread to this effect a few weeks ago - now however it is correct!

Long live the Queen!

Your skills in LDD a certainly much better than mine, and this is your second attempt. If that is okay with you, I would like to borrow that roof technique. One thing I would like to suggest for your next build is adding some minifigures. Maybe one or two for a start.

...Maybe I should think about the context. I was wondering for a second why there is a hat-shaped lamp infront of the entrance :pir-laugh:

Nice house, a very inspiring work, maybe I should try to build a land property too, and I like the story.

Thank you all for your kind words!

22 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Your skills in LDD a certainly much better than mine, and this is your second attempt. If that is okay with you, I would like to borrow that roof technique. One thing I would like to suggest for your next build is adding some minifigures. Maybe one or two for a start.

Just so you know, I spent a considerable amount of time looking at your flickr stream for tips, so don't sell yourself short! The roof technique is unashamedly stolen from Gideon, so feel free :pir-laugh:!

Regarding mini-figures, you are absolutely right - I should have at least included someone walking down the street! I'll attempt to make up for it in my next attempt, which I plan on having around 200 figs... that's if LDD doesn't keep crashing on me...

Edited by Ayrlego

Nice interpretation of my thin facade build :classic:
To be honest, it looks better in Medium Dark Flesh.