Hello

I've been gradually working through a backlog of unofficial Microfighter builds and after a few attempts, finally got a result with the Resistance Transport from Episode 7.
I will admit some inspiration to have a go at this from the version in the Lego TFA game but I didn't really study it in detail. Anyway here it is - nice to build something for the good guys after a string of Imperial and First Order builds.

33587178426_d48a199f87_b.jpg

Its 13 studs wide and about 10 long including the cannons. 133 pieces which is a little high but many of those are small plates and studs.

33244604190_4e70a5c376_b.jpg

I was pretty pleased to be get an opening hatch in the front...

33244603860_689d535427_b.jpg

...though its probably a bit cramped in there.

33244606500_bd539d66c6_b.jpg

Colour scheme matches the Resistance X-Wing quite nicely and its a solid and swooshable little ship.

33471594382_3f4e7cd9ac_b.jpg

Lots of engines.

33471588742_256523a91d_b.jpg

That's about it - you'd think the pilot would be a bit happier with it. Thanks for taking a look!

32785309604_266a113dd1_b.jpg

Heh, nice. Due to the shape of the ship it kinda looks like a greebled sofa. Nice build. :)

That's a cool little build. I really like the engines and the functional boarding ramp. The picture with the second figure coming out of the hold is just so rediculous, really makes you realize how off the microfighters are.. :D

Great job on this build! :)

Thanks very much for your comments folks - much appreciated. Moppo: now I can't not see it as a sofa - thanks for that :)

Here's the .LXF file  If you load it into bricklink it will give errors about invalid parts so you need to delete the stud shooter. the 2x1 inverted curved slopes and the 2x2 DBG wedge plates then add them back in Bricklink - there seems to be a mismatch between LDD the entries in BL for some reason.

That looks great! It's everything a microfighter Resistance Transport would need to be!

Thanks again for your kind comments, I think this is one of favourites too.

As an aside I originally built it as three separate sections connected with pins, with the intention of building some non-canon modules that could fit in place of the central section... The ship has that kind of aesthetic.

I'm struggling to decide which ship to do next but I feel like it needs to be rebel or resistance to balance the number of Empire / FO micros I've built. I am doing a blue squadron X-Wing from R1 but that will be more or less a recolour of the official set.

Any suggestions?