Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

Steel Mill WIP

Hello Eurobrickers.

Well I thought I might share with you here progress of a new project currently underway. This is the first installment of a Steel Mill for my trains to operate around. At present the building externals are still WIP but while waiting to get some bricklink orders in, I have begun creating some internal features. Here we have a Hot steel rolling production line. This is where steel plates are heated and rolled thinner before being treated or coated and then coiled before transportation to other industries. I will endeavor to update this topic with new builds as things progress along.

Thanks. 

33242849700_7343d9d30b_c.jpgHot steel rolling production line by Michael, on Flickr

33585370986_e0c933122d_c.jpgHot steel rolling production line by Michael, on Flickr

32809196063_6b985450d6_c.jpgFurnace is on. by Michael, on Flickr

Reheating furnace has a bit of lighting for the heat inside.

I really like all the details and tightness of the build. The light in the furnace is a great effect!

Wow, I love industrial environment build up with bricks! Nice colour choise, keep up the good work!

Looking pretty impressive so far. Love how you have done the reheating furnace with the light making it look like a molten strip of steel coming out.

This looks brilliant already! Are you going to add some other working features, such as motorised rollers or a crane or something? I feel they would really add to this mill. 
It's becoming another detail-packed build. Good luck!

For a while before I moved on to another welding job my job was to weld up the rollers that the metal hits to become a sheet of metal. This is an amazing model

Love it, nice details everywhere, and the use of the lights is brilliant idea here. :thumbup:

Really nice to see. This looks really realistic to me!

For my work i order ALU/CU foils (on roll).

Are you involved in this buisness irl?;-)

On 3/28/2017 at 11:19 PM, Railfan9 said:

For a while before I moved on to another welding job my job was to weld up the rollers that the metal hits to become a sheet of metal. This is an amazing model

Thanks. I have alot of respect for you as thats a tough job to do.

7 hours ago, DaBliss said:

Really nice to see. This looks really realistic to me!

For my work i order ALU/CU foils (on roll).

Are you involved in this buisness irl?;-)

I used to work for Acelormittal in Gent where I saw these operating. Nowadays I work for an Plastic Injection molding factory. 

Thanks all for the comments. Hope to show some new pictures soon of further progress.

Nice job, I love what you have done so far. Do you plan to build a Blast Furnace as part of your steel mill?

That lighting effect effect for the furnace is excellent!! I do like industrial scenes (all the pipes and machinery is just so cool!) and this is a great example. Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses!!

Nice work!