10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate 41592 The Hulk?

• Hulk no smash.
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • HULK SMASH!

33148714320_937150b408_c.jpg

BrickHeadz is an exciting new Lego theme that depicts our favorite characters from movies, TV shows, games, and comics into fun and stylized collectible forms.  Each set contains a brick built figure with a build-able base, that includes a printed tile piece denoting the figure's wave number. Wave one consists of twelve unique and colorful characters based on The Lego Batman Movie, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney's Beauty and the Beast and Pirates of the Caribbean. BrickHeadz is an exclusive theme from Lego, which means that you can only find the BrickHeadz sets at Lego brand retail stores and online from Lego Shop.

Before I begin this review, I would like to give my sincerest thanks to The LEGO Group (TLG) who have provided this set, and other wave one BrickHeadz sets, to Eurobricks making this review possible. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. 

Introduction  

Yes, Hulk smash. Its a catchy catchphrase and decorum requires I write it here at least once, so I'm getting it out of the way now. Anyways, Hulk is a cornerstone member of the Avengers from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and so it's no surprise that he's one of the first four characters to make the leap the film screen to Lego BrickHeadz, in the form of 41592 The Hulk. But while his straightforward dialogue and poppin purple pants have made him a crowd pleaser, in my opinion, they don't seem to have made the transition to BrickHeadz particularly well. Why should you ask? Well read on...  

Also quick aside, do note I apparently inaccurately placed Hulk's thumbs in my images...whoops...

Set Stats

Name: 41592 The Hulk
Theme:  Licensed / BrickHeadz
Year: 2017
Pieces: 93
Minifigs: N/A
Price: USD $9.99, CA $12.99, DE 9.99€, UK £9.99
Resources: Brickset, BricklinkLego Shop

Packaging 

Color. The reason is color. Cutting to the chase, 41592 The Hulk is intended to represent the film version, specifically the one from Avengers: Age of Ultron (and as such has a unique red colored box), but he just doesn't cut it color wise. This is most evident on the box art itself, which while showing all the standard staples such as the BrickHeadz logo and that ugly wall of text, importantly shows the character inspiration image--one which is clearly depicts an olive green Hulk as opposed to the Lego green Hulk. 

33148721550_6e7638bf02_z.jpg33403767311_fc5884a110_z.jpg

It's a subtle but significant difference. Lego Marvel Superheroes learned this lesson after their first Avengers set wave in 2012--in which the first Lego bigfig of Hulk was inaccurately molded in bright green--only to soon be switched over to the correct olive green shade for the next film sets. Now you may be saying,  "well so what, he's still green". True, that is a valid point. But in my view the fact that he is not the right green is a significant issue as the figure is billed as, and is meant to accompany other figures being billed as, versions from the Avengers/MCU films. This is not a film Hulk, this is comic Hulk. But I digress.  

In the meantime on the actual subject of packaging, inside the box you'll find one instruction booklet, two bags--one big and one small--as well as a loose 4x6 black plate which will be used for the figure's base.  

Interesting Parts 

Considering that he's basically just green skin and purple pants, one doesn't go into 41592 The Hulk expecting the greatest new pieces ever. And I'm not going to try and dispute that. Hulk comes with the standards, such as the wave plate, BrickHeadz eyes, and those modified bricks (fourteen of them). He does have two nice hinge pieces in green, but that's about it. Printed parts: just two 1x4 bricks that depict his muscular torso. What you see is what you get with this guy. 

32717908473_da64dbf7ce_c.jpg

Build

41592 The Hulk is perhaps one of the simplest BrickHeadz to construct, which is not surprising considering he's basically just giant-sized normal person, well with green skin. There's no interesting new techniques, although he does feature some abnormally large arms and hands for a BrickHeadz, which I think work well as they give the impression of a bulky person without actually changing the standardized scale itself. 

33148718090_1a836f7edc_z.jpg33156187456_8af22d752e.jpg

Completed Figure

I mean, does it look like Hulk? Absolutely. But I cannot shake the feeling that he should have been in olive green. Consitancy wise, all the other Marvel figures are based on their popular film appearance looks, and Hulk just stands out because he's too bright--he has not been appropriately muted down to match the film. Does he make a good figure himself--yes. Does he fit in with the movie specific figures? That's a tough question and frankly one that's up for everyone to individually decide.  

33148716120_be4b29d4fb_z.jpg 33403764361_585fde66d6_z.jpg32717910443_6e704d30c0_z.jpg

Conclusion

41592 The Hulk may have smashed expectations with his recent appearances in the Avengers films, but I don't think he's the breakout start of the Marvel BrickHeadz wave. 

Score 

• Design: 5/5 - Overall, it's hard to get the Hulk's shape wrong, really. 
  • Parts: 2/5 -  Green? Wrong--Olive Green is right! 
  • Build: 5/5 - Simple, but that's expected for a character like Hulk. 
  • Value for Price: 3/5 - Is it worth adding to your collection, when he doesn't fit in stylistically? 

My Score: (15/20)      C

33148712610_0c488da6f9_c.jpg

Eurobricks BrickHeadz Reviews:

41585 Batman, 41586 Batgirl, 41587 Robin, 41588 The Joker, 41595 Belle, 41596 Beast41589 Captain America, 41590 Iron Man, 41591 Black Widow, 41592 The Hulk

They really really should have made the brain brick a 1x1.