My latest build matches my passion for motoring culture: it's the MOONEYES headquarters located in Santa Fe Springs, California.
MOONEYES was founded by Dean Moon in 1950, the Santa Fe Springs-based hot rod shop was originally titled Moon Speed Equipment. The Moon crew was a prominent group of go-fast pioneers through the ‘50s and ‘60s, working hand in hand with the likes of legends such as Carroll Shelby — in fact, the first AC Cobra was constructed in the Moon garage. Inspired by the Dean Moon’s history I've recreated the MOON HQ, both the interior and the exterior of the building.

32593541574_589d12ec09_z.jpg

32593532674_50d914b9e5_z.jpg
In the garage there’re a lot of tools: a roller cabinet, a workbench, the pendant lights, a sink, the column drill press and a lot more. Everything in bright yellow of course. Remarkable the American flag hanged on the wall and the electrical outlets and conduits. What about the surfboard displayed on the wall?

33308376171_97197f4b60_z.jpg
The exterior is enjoyable and it features many details. The two rolling shutters and the electricity poles are the ones I prefer.
To complete the work I've built the well known and famous MOON pick-up, a ’68 Ford F100, and a Hot Rod based on a ’32 Ford model B

33436404375_928f4fa552_z.jpg

More info and pictures on my flickr.

Thanks for stopping by.

I am impressed, both passions work very well together, motoring culture and Lego! Thanks for sharing, I love the details and realistic look & feel! Also the outside details like the phone poles and the back end "dump" add a lot! Cheers!

Amazing. The details top to bottom inside and out are amazing. As a mechanic you made one heck of a realistic garage. The air compressor, the toolboxes and workbenches, that drill-press! :wub: 

Umm, wow. I am not much of a motorhead, but this is incredible. I love how it all fits together. The vehicle builds are really well done (I'd like to be make better vehicles). I love the interior shop. The hanging lights are cleverly done with the skeleton arms/legs. I hadn't thought of that, but is it fragile?

Overall, very well done. I can't pick out my favorite because there are too many interesting details.

Good job. thanks for sharing.

My father is a mechanic and I really admire all those details around man... that piston there :wub:

The details in this MOC are beautiful. I love the tangle of telegraph wires out the front; they look very realistic. I feel some items are a little out of scale, however, such as the tool rack above the bench and the thick pallets.

On 24/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, peedeejay said:

Fantastic build! The yellow works so well here and the interior details are amazingly well done.

Thanks @peedeejay :classic: Originally the entire walls were yellow but they looked too odd, better white/yellow combo. 

On 24/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, SwissBrick said:

I am impressed, both passions work very well together, motoring culture and Lego! Thanks for sharing, I love the details and realistic look & feel! Also the outside details like the phone poles and the back end "dump" add a lot! Cheers!

Thanks @SwissBrick , glad it impresses you :wink:

On 24/3/2017 at 8:59 PM, koalayummies said:

Amazing. The details top to bottom inside and out are amazing. As a mechanic you made one heck of a realistic garage. The air compressor, the toolboxes and workbenches, that drill-press! :wub: 

Thanks @koalayummies None better than a mechanic can appreciate this lego-biuilt garage :classic:

On 25/3/2017 at 6:21 AM, carebear said:

Everytime You Amaze me!!!!

Love Love it!!!

Greetings

@carebear thanks :thumbup:

On 25/3/2017 at 0:47 PM, gotoAndLego said:

When I saw the title, I was hoping it was this. Love it.  

@gotoAndLego yes it is! GO! with MQQN! :wink:

On 25/3/2017 at 10:15 PM, TheLegoDr said:

Umm, wow. I am not much of a motorhead, but this is incredible. I love how it all fits together. The vehicle builds are really well done (I'd like to be make better vehicles). I love the interior shop. The hanging lights are cleverly done with the skeleton arms/legs. I hadn't thought of that, but is it fragile?

Overall, very well done. I can't pick out my favorite because there are too many interesting details.

Good job. thanks for sharing.

Thank you @TheLegoDr :wink: the hanging lights done with the skeleton arms/legs aren't fragile at all!

21 hours ago, Gunman said:

My father is a mechanic and I really admire all those details around man... that piston there :wub:

Thanks @Gunman as I said before no one better than a mechanic can appreciate this lego-biuilt garage :thumbup:

20 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

The details in this MOC are beautiful. I love the tangle of telegraph wires out the front; they look very realistic. I feel some items are a little out of scale, however, such as the tool rack above the bench and the thick pallets.

Glad you like it @ColletArrow Thank you!

13 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Man, this is something special. Fantastic work!

you got some press coverage on a really cool car site too...

https://petrolicious.com/articles/this-lego-mooneyes-garage-has-all-the-right-pieces

Thanks @SirBlake When I saw the article on Petroclicious I couldn't believe it, it was a fantastic surprise.

Edited by Norton74

On 5/4/2017 at 3:29 PM, jalemac34 said:

Excellent,

So reallistic, i like all the details

Very good job

Thanks @jalemac34 and sorry for my late reply :wink:

This certainly an eye-catching build!! Love the colour combo and the design is spot on with an excellent attention to detail!! (hope they get that broken window fixed though!!)

Excellent stuff!!

17 hours ago, greg3 said:

This certainly an eye-catching build!! Love the colour combo and the design is spot on with an excellent attention to detail!! (hope they get that broken window fixed though!!)

Excellent stuff!!

Thanks @greg3 I'm glad you appreciate the details and the color combo. And don't worry for the broken window, they'are going to get fixed soon :wink:

Cheers!

This looks great! Telephone wires add so much detail to models like these. The unpainted bricks look great on the outside, and while I'm not much of a hotrod or car fan, the pickup truck looks perfect. Thumbs up.

On 8/5/2017 at 2:26 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

This looks great! Telephone wires add so much detail to models like these. The unpainted bricks look great on the outside, and while I'm not much of a hotrod or car fan, the pickup truck looks perfect. Thumbs up.

Thanks a lot for your kind words @LegoMonorailFan, I'm glad you can appreciate all the details. Cheers!

On 30/5/2017 at 4:52 PM, AnkTales said:

Really nice @Norton74!!!

Thank you @AnkTales :sweet:

On 31/5/2017 at 9:50 PM, STHLM said:

Really good!

On 11/6/2017 at 9:46 PM, Lazer said:

Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks, glad you like it :wink:

What a beautiful build. I would feel perfectly at home in this hot rod shop. The tools and equipment are very realistic! :laugh:

23 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

What a beautiful build. I would feel perfectly at home in this hot rod shop. The tools and equipment are very realistic! :laugh:

I'm glad you like my Speed Shop ;) Thanks for stopping by @Only Sinner  Recently an italian magazine has featured a brief article about my MOONEYES speed shop and that is really cool! Below the article: 34315585406_91369cc8f4_z.jpg