Murdoch17

Adventurers - Sinister Hall with Roaring 1920's style car - 70912 / 70911 real life MOCs

(NOTE: Since this is a Adventurers building for my town and not situated in a jungle, desert or something like that, I thought it would be okay to post it in the town forum. If the mods don't like it here, feel free to move it to the Action and Adventure forum.)

25608857608_1c24611f56_z.jpg

This model was inspired by set 70912, (Arkham Asylum) from the LEGO Batman Movie theme and was built for Lord Sam Sinister, the main bad guy from the Adventurers theme. Whereas that set is only the front facade of the building, this model features two opening rear quarter sections to reveal the interior details plus a tower in the front above the front door. The model consists of three sections: the front half, the left quarter and the right quarter.

The stylish car is modified version of set 70911, (Arctic Roller). The car model is about 8 studs wide (with a tiny 1/2 stud bit of overhang on each side due to the front rims) and 28 studs long in total. This model can fit one figure sans top-hat in the driver's seat and has space for a briefcase or top hat in the trunk.

25608858238_51098134e0_z.jpg

The rear of the mansion features rows of windows and a stone fireplace flue on the left side, plus a window on the lower left for the small dungeon.

25608858418_e4eb76e2d3_z.jpg

The model consists of three sections: the front half, the left quarter and the right quarter. Each section is connected to the next with two hinges and a small set of two Technic pins (one per side) to lock it shut.

25608858558_6d82283fe7_z.jpg

The front half of the building features a drawing room on the left side of the picture, a living room on the opposite side, and the bedroom on the upper floor, which also has access to the tower above the main entrance. The spaces below the stairs are a wine cellar  / kitchen on the right with the large casks, and on the left is the dungeon for any do-gooder spying on Sam Sinister.

38770290834_5f87320529_z.jpg

The right quarter has the other half of the ground floor dining room and part of the kitchen / wine cellar, a couch in the living room and a phonograph in the bedroom.

38770290864_96d399aed2_z.jpg

The left quarter features the fireplace mantle and flue (the year 1892 as stated above the fireplace mantle reflects the year of the house's construction) , plus one half of the dining room on the ground floor. The room with the bars on the windows is the dungeon for unwelcome "guests" of Sam Sinister.

38770287654_bc7bf618ce_z.jpg

The car by itself is about 8 studs wide (with a tiny 1/2 stud bit of overhang on each side due to the front wheel wells) and 28 studs long in total. As a side note, the headlights are not clipped in the same way as the original set had, and are instead sandwiched in place with 1 x 6 plates and headlight bricks.

38770287874_31aa99fdb4_z.jpg

The rear of the car features a license plate for Lord Sam Sinister and dual exhaust.

38770288014_d33324b410_z.jpg

The car can fit two figures sans top-hat in the driver's seat and has space for a briefcase or top hat in the trunk.

EDITED 1/3/18: Added real life pictures and newly updated text.

Of course, comments, questions and complaints are welcome, and a big shout out to @sander1992  who, among others, are helping keep the Adventurers spirit very much alive!

Edited by Murdoch17

BUMP:

37337809451_b20ce3d8d8.jpg

I just redid the car to red and black and added new text / LDD files / pictures to the first post. Any and all thoughts (good or otherwise) are welcome!

This should be the final edit of Sam Sinister's house before ordering the real bricks at some point next month.

38346714594_0ddb411135_z.jpg

I added a tower above the front door and changed the house color to white. among other small chnages. (The car's colors have reverted back to white and black as well, due to the car model that's already been finished in real brick as of last January.)

24428284797_d7d6a410f9_z.jpg

Three-fourths of the way to finishing Lord Sam Sinister's house and I've hit a major snag. I miscalculated on a lot of things parts-wise, so this building will sit unfinished for now. The last four orders were placed today to create the final quarter of the building, so they should be here sometime next week (or so)...

Looks amazing!  I like the dominant black/white/greys in the build with a pinch of color here and there.  It gives the building an interesting atmosphere.  Also, using hinges to allow access to the interior works really well.  The open floor plan is nice as well.  

On ‎24‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 2:06 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Of course, comments, questions and complaints are welcome, and a big shout out to @sander1992  who, among others, are helping keep the Adventurers spirit very much alive!

Thank you for mentioning me. :classic: I'll do my best to build in various themes.

I hope to build the entire journey of the Orient Expedition in one landscape.

On topic:

Great build for a mansion. :thumbup:

The car is a nice addition to it

I am looking forward to your next update of the Adventurers theme.

14 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Looks amazing!  I like the dominant black/white/greys in the build with a pinch of color here and there.  It gives the building an interesting atmosphere.  Also, using hinges to allow access to the interior works really well.  The open floor plan is nice as well.  

Thank you, the white / gray / black color scheme works much better than the tan or reddish brown I was originally thinking of when I designed this model.

5 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Thank you for mentioning me. :classic: I'll do my best to build in various themes.

I hope to build the entire journey of the Orient Expedition in one landscape.

On topic:

Great build for a mansion. :thumbup:

The car is a nice addition to it

I am looking forward to your next update of the Adventurers theme.

Thanks for stopping by Sander1992, and good luck on the Orient Expedition layout! I'm not sure what's ahead... maybe building some more period 1920's cars for my Adventurers layout.