Teazza

MOC (WIP) : Wooden roller coaster

Hi Everybody,

since a long time I'm working on a new roller coaster, based on the old wooden coaster.

Yesterday I completed the lift system for the car, and it works fine!

I still have to complete all the "aesthetic" part, like grounds, flowers, signs, people entrance and so on. But I'll be happy to know your first impression, please find the working video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-de-_FCySI

Any suggestion or comment is really welcome!

Thanks

Bye

Teazza

Just now, AllanSmith said:

It is a Coaster Dynamix LEGO compatable track and supports.

No, it's all 100% LEGO parts. It is made with technic connectors and grey technic pins. When you have a row of it you can bend it for hills and turns.

1 minute ago, Teazza said:

No, it's all 100% LEGO parts. It is made with technic connectors and grey technic pins. When you have a row of it you can bend it for hills and turns.

Sorry, I was thinking it looked the Coaster Dynamix Cyclone Kickstarter project that I read about. Anyway a great looking Roller Coaster.

I'd like to see more close up shots. I understand the importance of video, but I'm a still life person I guess.

The track is very compelling.

The one thing I've noticed with any LEGO roller coaster, is how fast it goes around the track, then abruptly stops to get back onto the track pulley. That is the downside, but the rest looks great. Good to see it is possible.

Keep up the good work.

12 hours ago, Teazza said:

At first sight i thought it was coaster dynamics too. Amazing that you did this whith the technic pin method. That also makes this coaster a bit bigger then i tought it was.

Great job.

100% lego is always the best way to go

One way to slow the coaster car would be if it hits a series of spring-loaded arms that have some give. Each one would slow the car down a little so that when it reaches the chain-lift the change in speed wouldn't be as abrupt.

Edited by gotoAndLego

1 hour ago, gotoAndLego said:

One way to slow the coaster car would be if it hits a series of spring-loaded arms that have some give. Each one would slow the car down a little so that when it reaches the chain-lift the change in speed wouldn't be as abrupt.

Yes, I'm working on it. I'll use some arms with rubber wheels on the side to slow down the car. This is just a video of the first run, I'll improve all the system soon. Thanks for the suggestion gotoAndLego

Thumb UP! This is really a great work!

Really brilliant!

E bravo Teazza!!!

Love it, wish TLG would produce such a set! You could nicely complete it with the other theme park sets and add some scenery, greenery and details on the ground.. Very well done and thanks for sharing!

This is very nice.  I would love to see a closeup of how you did the tracks as we have entertained the idea of making a continuous loop, functioning roller coaster.  

On 30-3-2017 at 1:40 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

Thanks for the links!  That is truly a great technique for creating roller coaster track.